Help with Visas!!

Old Jun 5th 2013, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

chezzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with Visas!!

Hello All

OK so we want to move to NZ, my partner is 30 (31 in Aug) and i am 33, too old for WHV. i have spoken to few people about visas, some say my partner to get WHV and i go as visitor, then when he gets a skilled job offer, he can include me on his visa application, is this correct? i am so confused now with the amount of stuff i have read!!

My partner falls under the Canterbury short list, he had interview with employer couple of weeks ago now, who said get WHV come out and then give me a ring, im just worried about what i will do, is there any possible way i can get working visa? i do qualify but told my Migration i need job offer first, i didnt know whether we should do the EOI now, or just get my partner the WHV and be done with it, hope for the best when i am out there???

Sorry if this is all mumble jumble.....thanks
Old Jun 5th 2013, 6:53 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with Visas!!

You can do the WHV/ visitor route and change visa as and when.

Do you have a job or profession that is classed as skilled?

How long have you been living together? Not being nosey but it can affect which visa you can apply for.
If your partner finds a skilled job and has enough points to submit an EOI and you have been living together for >12months [and can prove it, marriage is not proof!] then you can be included on his EOI as the non principal candidate.
You can fill in an EOI and not submit it, this will give you a good idea of how many points you have at the moment. You need 100 points or more to be able to submit an EOI. It is probably not a good idea to submit unless you have either a permanent job offer or >140pts as it is unlikely to be selected at this point in time. You can save it online and submit at a later date.

If your partner is offered a job under the CSSL then he will apply for a temporary work visa. You can apply for an open work visa on the back of this, this allows you to do any job and will be for the same duration as your partner's work visa. The requirements for partnership under work visas aren't as strict as they are for a residency application.

Hope this helps
P
Old Jun 6th 2013, 3:48 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Good advice from Persephone

http://www.bunac.org/uk/work-abroad/work-new-zealand

You could apply for a Bunac visa, which is a WHV available to 18-35yrs UK passport holders. Places are limited.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 7:54 am
Just Joined

chezzie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey P

Thanks so much for your help/info.

Bunac not option as leaving UK Aug to go NZ, so think we'll go as visitors and wait until partner gets skilled job offer like P said and get visas then.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 5:27 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Good advice from Persephone

http://www.bunac.org/uk/work-abroad/work-new-zealand

You could apply for a Bunac visa, which is a WHV available to 18-35yrs UK passport holders. Places are limited.
Thanks, mate

I thought I'd given another reply to this
Just scrolled further down and the reply I thought was here is under the other thread you're involved in, Chezzie!!

Last edited by Persephone; Jun 6th 2013 at 5:43 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Friends daughter has been in NZ on a holiday work visa, then left. Now the employer ( its a horse stud ) has asked her to go back but says the job needs to be advertised first and she needs a medical.

So is that a perm visa? or conditions applied if you go back to NZ after being out on a Working holiday visa already.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 4:10 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Friends daughter has been in NZ on a holiday work visa, then left. Now the employer ( its a horse stud ) has asked her to go back but says the job needs to be advertised first and she needs a medical.

So is that a perm visa? or conditions applied if you go back to NZ after being out on a Working holiday visa already.
This is really strange as I definitely replied to this. My reply has completely disappeared

I'll try again!
If I had to take a guess then I would say it is most likely a Work Visa which is temporary only. If the job is not on any of the Skills Shortages Lists then the employer needs to show that they cannot employ a NZer to do the job [for work visas]. Any visa that is for >12months generally requires a medical. I would doubt an employer would pay for a residency visa-maybe if the job was very highly skilled and rare perhaps...

You can leave and re enter NZ on a WHV as long as it is still valid but cannot take up permanent work. If her WHV was for 23 months then she will already have done a medical and as long as it is <36months since it was submitted to NZIS then generally it can be 'reused'. A 12m WHV does not require medicals [usually]
Old Jun 21st 2013, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
This is really strange as I definitely replied to this. My reply has completely disappeared

I'll try again!
If I had to take a guess then I would say it is most likely a Work Visa which is temporary only. If the job is not on any of the Skills Shortages Lists then the employer needs to show that they cannot employ a NZer to do the job [for work visas]. Any visa that is for >12months generally requires a medical. I would doubt an employer would pay for a residency visa-maybe if the job was very highly skilled and rare perhaps...

You can leave and re enter NZ on a WHV as long as it is still valid but cannot take up permanent work. If her WHV was for 23 months then she will already have done a medical and as long as it is <36months since it was submitted to NZIS then generally it can be 'reused'. A 12m WHV does not require medicals [usually]
Thank you for your reply ( twice )

Its a friends daughter and parents are anxious so appreciate reply.