Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Help with telephone interview for RMN please

Help with telephone interview for RMN please

Old May 8th 2008, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

splendidpear has a brilliant futuresplendidpear has a brilliant futuresplendidpear has a brilliant futuresplendidpear has a brilliant futuresplendidpear has a brilliant futuresplendidpear has a brilliant future
Default Help with telephone interview for RMN please

Hi, wonder if there are any other RMNs out there, who can give me advice on an interview I have coming up. I was wondering about things like latest innovations etc in acute MH in NZ at the moment. Over here recovery model is the big buzz word across all areas of Mental Health nursing. Also do you use a similar Care plan approach. Any help, advice, direction gratefully received
Old May 9th 2008, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with telephone interview for RMN please

Hello fellow RMN

I don't really have an answer as I got an unexpected call( http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=520141 ) from the MH services manager,had a 10 min chat,then had a call from the CN and gabbed for 30 mins. This turned out to be my interview!!!!I am just waiting official email and paperwork to confirm the job offer,then I can submit our EOI.There is a section in the forum about working abroad by profession,with a subforum for nursing ( scroll down a bit from the main forum section). Asking here might get you the answers you need.

Now the nosey stuff.........where are you going in NZ,where did you train,when are you planning on going to NZ???

Hope this has been of some help. welcome to the forum by the way
Old May 9th 2008, 10:17 am
Just Joined

splendidpear has a brilliant futuresplendidpear has a brilliant futuresplendidpear has a brilliant futuresplendidpear has a brilliant futuresplendidpear has a brilliant futuresplendidpear has a brilliant future

Hi thanks for that - last time we were considering this move - I had a similar experience to you - that was with Dunedin. However this time I have been sent a very formalised interview process, that is expected to take about an hour!!

The interview will be farily structured, and there will be time for some
questions from you at the end. The questions will cover a little bit
about yourself - personal information, and why you are looking to move.
Next will be questions about teamwork, what are your strengths. A
section on Problem solving - then the question regarding Treaty of
Waitangi - you will be asked to outline your understanding of the Treaty
- don't panic too much as allowances are made for overseas applicants
who haven't worked and lived in NZ.

Last two sections of the interview will cover consumer representation
and Family/Whanau representation. That's about it.

Anyway enough about that - we are planning to move to Whakatane on the North Island - hoping to be coming over in October but need to pull my finger out and start getting organised.

My hubby grew up in NZ and has wanted to go back the whole 20yrs we have been together - finally could afford to go over for a visit for a month last yr and I fell in love with the place too!

So fingers crossed.

How about you??
Old May 11th 2008, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Cyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the rough

Hello there!

My interview for the Corrections dept was a serious grilling that lasted about an hour and I didn't have any hints like you've had
Basically, I think that if you're just honest and say you can only answer from a UK perspective (that is, what you'd do here) but that you know you will have to see how things work over in NZ that should do the trick. Seemed to work for me anyhow

Sorry I can't be specific on the topics of the moment in NZ - when is your interview? I have a friend who's a CPN in Northland and could email him for the gen if we have time!
Old May 20th 2008, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Hi there

thanks for that - my interview is on Thursday evening. Sorry havent replied earlier just had a week in Egypt!! I have found lots of information - but would still be interested in word of mouth info on what the health authorities are doing in their care plan approaches etc.

Thanks for your help and wish me luck!
Old May 20th 2008, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Cyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the rough

A week in Egypt eh? Not sure I should help you now

I have emailed him and will post his reply - just hope he's not on the interview panel
Old May 20th 2008, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=splendidpear;6369804]Hi there

- but would still be interested in word of mouth info on what the health authorities are doing in their care plan approaches etc. QUOTE]

Here we go - how's that for service?

Strengths Model is something that could be brought up on an interview. I believe it should be done in a state of wellness but I believe it is something that is carried out on the wards and is certainly something the 'Consumer Reps' are happy with. As for Care Plans, all she need do is talk the UK talk in regards to them.

Not sure if it's actually useful or not. Anyway he agrees with me that you'll be fine if you've got three years experience behind you, you should have an idea of what you're talking about!
Good luck - let us know how you get on
Old May 20th 2008, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by splendidpear
Hi there

thanks for that - my interview is on Thursday evening. Sorry havent replied earlier just had a week in Egypt!! I have found lots of information - but would still be interested in word of mouth info on what the health authorities are doing in their care plan approaches etc.

Thanks for your help and wish me luck!
Hope you enjoyed Egypt you lucky thing you. Just popped in to say good luck and Cyffiwr is right, I'm sure you will be fine.Let us know how it goes

Phyllis
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks everyone for that!

Job interview tonight - all sounds very formal and structured. Just going to get a bit of kip after working night shift then start doing some homework!!! aaaaggghh

Old May 22nd 2008, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

all done - time for a vodka!!!
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by splendidpear
all done - time for a vodka!!!
How did it go? Not too gruelling I hope Sure it was fine and the job offer will be with you soon.

Phyllis
Old Jun 28th 2008, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

sorry not been back sooner - just to let you know I finally have the official job offer!! Scary stuff begins now - plan is to go over on a 1yr work permit for speed, and then apply for WTR once there.

thanks for all your help and support re interview - it was pretty intensive - over an hour long. Strange having an interview on phone, as you have no feedback from peoples body language as to whether your on the right track, said too much etc etc - but I got very good feedback so must have been fine. The time was taken by them chasing my manager for references!!!
Old Jun 28th 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fantastic news and well done. Where are you headed?

Phyllis
Old Jun 29th 2008, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Hi Phyllis - we are moving to Whakatane in Bay of Islands - fell in love with the place when came over for a holiday last October - what about you - how are your plans coming along - have you had official stuff from your job? Where will you be off to??

Thanks
Jen
Old Jun 29th 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Jen

Got all official paperwork and have accepted the job in Dunedin. Got medicals booked for 8th July then can submit ITA. Getting house on the market soon and it's fingers xd.Hope to keep in touch all the best for now

Phyllis x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.