Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Help - taxation no. / social security no.

Help - taxation no. / social security no.

Old Jun 8th 2008, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help - taxation no. / social security no.

(still!) filling in EOI... it asks for both taxation number and social security number... aren't these the same in the UK? ie National Insurance number?

or am i completely wrong?

please could someone confirm?

thank you!
Old Jun 8th 2008, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help - taxation no. / social security no.

Hi...
My wife and just put our National Insurance numbers on the EOI...
We were selected on the 4th June...
Hope this helps
Old Jun 8th 2008, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

brill ta! and congrats!

i've actually just dug out the last coding notice i can find, and it has both a tax reference and NI number on... so i might put that on too!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Stoof

I put tax code in under taxation and NI number under social security. A few others on here did the same....that's where I got the info from when I asked the same thing!

Phyllis
Old Jun 9th 2008, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

thanks Phyllis! i knew i'd seen someone ask the question a while back, but couldn't find the thread or remember what it had said!!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 12:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by weejie
Stoof

I put tax code in under taxation and NI number under social security. A few others on here did the same....that's where I got the info from when I asked the same thing!

Phyllis

^^^ Yup.
Put the tax reference for taxation number if you know or have it. You can find the tax office reference at the top right of a tax code notification.

Put your NI number for social security.

However, the NI number will do for both tax and social security as both the UK tax and sociall security agencies use this personal number to track you !