British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Help required as to electrician qulifications for new zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/help-required-electrician-qulifications-new-zealand-583793/)

philhinchliffe Jan 12th 2009 11:19 pm

Help required as to electrician qulifications for new zealand

Hi all happy new year:)

Im trying to find out some information or some pointers as to where I stand with trying to emmigrate to new zealand as an electrician

My girlfriend of 4 months has just emmigrated to new zealand and we realise that we would like to be together and give it a real try in nz.

My current postion is as follows and if anyone could possibley give me any pointers I would be really grateful for any help.

6 months experience as a electricians mate at a nuclear power station
2 yrs and 5 months experience as a day production assistant (nuclear powerstation) working towards a day production technician role (electrical craftsman). Basically involves all forms of electrical maintenance on DC & AC motors, cranes, control panels, rotork actuators etc….

Qualifications
ONC in electrical engineering (double distinction)
16th edition to do 17th edition soon
City and Guilds 2330 level 2

I also have a lot of courses such as driving cranes, scissor lifts and genies, safety harness, confined spaces, lifting and slinging etc…

Im trying to find the best possible route in eather applying for jobs or as a skilled migrant visa

Thanks
Phil

BEVS Jan 12th 2009 11:37 pm

Re: Help required as to electrician qulifications for new zealand

OK. I understnad

I am not in a position to dig up stuff for you right now as I am in the UK for family reasons

Please contact

Nick Chandler
Chandler Consulting Limited Col 3:17
Address. 42a Royal Road, Massey 0614
Auckland, New Zealand
Phone / Fax. +64 9 832-2653
Mobile. + 64 21 770-278
Email. [email protected]

direct.

This is a vey helpful person who will be abkle to advise further.

There are sparkies here who may see this post and advise

Soppydot4 Jan 13th 2009 4:51 am

You could also have a look at the Electrical Workers Registration Board's website which will give you an idea of what they are looking for to enable you to be registered in NZ as an electrician. They give lists of qualifications, etc., needed. Their website is www.ewrb.govt.nz. Good luck.

littlelollipop Jan 13th 2009 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by philhinchliffe (Post 7159309)
Hi all happy new year:)

Im trying to find out some information or some pointers as to where I stand with trying to emmigrate to new zealand as an electrician

My girlfriend of 4 months has just emmigrated to new zealand and we realise that we would like to be together and give it a real try in nz.

My current postion is as follows and if anyone could possibley give me any pointers I would be really grateful for any help.

6 months experience as a electricians mate at a nuclear power station
2 yrs and 5 months experience as a day production assistant (nuclear powerstation) working towards a day production technician role (electrical craftsman). Basically involves all forms of electrical maintenance on DC & AC motors, cranes, control panels, rotork actuators etc….

Qualifications
ONC in electrical engineering (double distinction)
16th edition to do 17th edition soon
City and Guilds 2330 level 2

I also have a lot of courses such as driving cranes, scissor lifts and genies, safety harness, confined spaces, lifting and slinging etc…

Im trying to find the best possible route in eather applying for jobs or as a skilled migrant visa

Thanks
Phil

Hi - my husband emmigrated to NZ in 1994 so things will have changed a bit since then but he was 16th Edition qualified and had to do a practical assessment and a NZ Regulations exam to become a registered electrician in NZ. It took a little bit of effort but was fairly straight forward. As said above the best people to answer all your questions are EWRB who will have all the answers. Every Electrician in NZ must be registered but my husband was able to work under his employers registration until he had his sorted out.

philhinchliffe Jan 13th 2009 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS here (Post 7159357)
OK. I understnad

I am not in a position to dig up stuff for you right now as I am in the UK for family reasons

Please contact

Nick Chandler
Chandler Consulting Limited Col 3:17
Address. 42a Royal Road, Massey 0614
Auckland, New Zealand
Phone / Fax. +64 9 832-2653
Mobile. + 64 21 770-278
Email. [email protected]

direct.

This is a vey helpful person who will be abkle to advise further.

There are sparkies here who may see this post and advise

Hi thank you soo much for the info I will take this further and let you know

Kind Regards
Phil

philhinchliffe Jan 13th 2009 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Soppydot4 (Post 7160146)
You could also have a look at the Electrical Workers Registration Board's website which will give you an idea of what they are looking for to enable you to be registered in NZ as an electrician. They give lists of qualifications, etc., needed. Their website is www.ewrb.govt.nz. Good luck.

Hi thank you alot for the information, i will certainly have a look at the website, I appreciatte your help

Kind Reagrds
Phil

philhinchliffe Jan 13th 2009 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by littlelollipop (Post 7161888)
Hi - my husband emmigrated to NZ in 1994 so things will have changed a bit since then but he was 16th Edition qualified and had to do a practical assessment and a NZ Regulations exam to become a registered electrician in NZ. It took a little bit of effort but was fairly straight forward. As said above the best people to answer all your questions are EWRB who will have all the answers. Every Electrician in NZ must be registered but my husband was able to work under his employers registration until he had his sorted out.

Hi Thank you for your encouragement and information

Kind Regards
Phil