Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Help Req'd - No recognised qualifications but many years experience

Help Req'd - No recognised qualifications but many years experience

Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:33 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help Req'd - No recognised qualifications but many years experience

Er. Can i suggest you avoid the plumbing and heating engineer lark - bloody nightmare mate & it wouldn't be recognised at all by the NZ trade board here.

Stick with the IT if you can. Pays better. or go with the Driving job to get started with . Pays less.

WIth your positive attitude , you'll get a job . No probs mate.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Er. Can i suggest you avoid the plumbing and heating engineer lark - bloody nightmare mate & it wouldn't be recognised at all by the NZ trade board here.

Stick with the IT if you can. Pays better. or go with the Driving job to get started with . Pays less.

WIth your positive attitude , you'll get a job . No probs mate.
Bevs..

Cheers for the info any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Have you moved to NZ from the UK or are you a NZ citizen.

If you have moved there from here how do you find the place... do you like it
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Bevs..

Cheers for the info any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Have you moved to NZ from the UK or are you a NZ citizen.

If you have moved there from here how do you find the place... do you like it

Thanks to you all for the info

Dave
Old Jan 24th 2007, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

westies is a jewel in the roughwesties is a jewel in the roughwesties is a jewel in the roughwesties is a jewel in the rough

Hi there
Welcome!!
Firstly I would say get what qulifications you can from the army resettlement plans, but may be a good idea to stick with IT, seems you know about that already, Plumbing would be good but they prefer experience aswell as the qualification, work permit may be a good bet, once here you will get a job in IT, then you can apply from here for PR. We came on my qualifications, but my husband has recently completed 22 years in the Royal Signals, and is also in IT (no degree) he now has a job in Auckland which is better paid than the one he had in the UK, and I have now reduced my hours lots and we are all loving it!!!
And yes the army pension makes a huge difference, very comfortable!!!
Good luck
Old Jan 24th 2007, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by westies
Hi there
Welcome!!
Firstly I would say get what qulifications you can from the army resettlement plans, but may be a good idea to stick with IT, seems you know about that already, Plumbing would be good but they prefer experience aswell as the qualification, work permit may be a good bet, once here you will get a job in IT, then you can apply from here for PR. We came on my qualifications, but my husband has recently completed 22 years in the Royal Signals, and is also in IT (no degree) he now has a job in Auckland which is better paid than the one he had in the UK, and I have now reduced my hours lots and we are all loving it!!!
And yes the army pension makes a huge difference, very comfortable!!!
Good luck
Hi

Thanks for the info and advice you have given. I know I could prob get a job once I got to NZ but it's that initial getting there which is the stumbling block, as you said you moved there on your qualifications so you must have qualified under that category I presume, then your husband could move with you and apply for work once you were settled. It's like I said I have 6 years experience as an ORACLE DBA but no degree level qual so trying to convince NZ Immigration that I can do the work is neigh on immpossible if it's not on paper as a certificate they are notinterested ans the 50pts you can claim under this category is a big chunk. People have also said that I could get a work permit like you mentioned but after emailing many many companies with your CV they never reply or give you any feedback to get you into the market that way a bit like here really it's not what you know it's who to get the foot in the door, and when I have asked people there of any jobs which are going and would employ immigrants on a work permit it's the last you hear of them....

What we're looking at now is Canada as my primary trade of driver working in the long haul area of driving as they are desperatly short there...also heard NZ are as well but again you never get a reply from anyone. So anyway after that big story we'll just have to see how things pan out eh.

Cheers Dave