help regarding visas

Old Dec 4th 2014, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

suza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond repute
Default help regarding visas

Hi please remove if a thread already exists.
so visas came yesterday. Noticed that entry date is by 1starch but we can't go until end of March. Has anyone else experienced this?
Hubby goes over 6th January but I have to wait until house sells.
Old Dec 4th 2014, 5:07 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help regarding visas

what visa type?

from my understanding you have a year to enter the country from the date on the visa but I think it sounds odd that they have given a visa that far in advance if you are saying 1st March but then I'm unclear of the visa type you are talking about.
Old Dec 4th 2014, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

suza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond reputesuza712565 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is a work visa. Really frustrated as is no way I can go before the 1st March due to house. Means applying for new visas for myself and my children
Old Dec 4th 2014, 8:21 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

ahh ok so it states "entry before 1st March 2015" so could you not come over for a few weeks and go back as that would activate the visa. We left our house before it sold in the hands of the estate agent, family and friends. all paperwork was done over email
Old Dec 4th 2014, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Yes that's it. Might have to. Means finding funds for flights though. So annoyed that we didn't realise this.
Old Dec 4th 2014, 9:35 pm

do you actually need to be there for the house sale? as I said we didn't.
we had booked everything as we had sold our house to be completed at the beginning of Dec, on the actual completion day instead of getting a phone call to say that monies had be transferred we got a call stating that the buyer now say they could not come up with all the money and it all collapsed. so we just had to relist and move over as planned. organised the estate to have contact details of family for any need to know now type questions and family and friends just went in an out of the property to keep it clean. all the furniture and everything else was on the container heading over here. we agreed a sale again at the end of Jan, actually for 5K more than the first failed sale and despite a small hiccup of the surveyor finding a fairly large leak in the downstairs toilet all went through in March after we had made good on the leak.