Help regarding EOI

Old Feb 6th 2012, 5:27 am
rocky!!

shanjani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help regarding EOI

I am about to submit my EOI , in that iam claiming 20 points for spouse recognised qualification, she has done bachelors of commerce , can any one tell will her qualification be accepted after being selected from the pool or is that qualification has to be in absolute skill shortage list or future growth area?

I have 130 points without a job offer, what r my chances? what visa i will get after being selected and passing through security checks process?

Note: Am applying as skilled class migrant

Please advice
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:05 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help regarding EOI

Your wife's qualification will only earn you points if it is on the list of recognised qualifications or you get it assessed by NZQA, I take it you've checked this?

Have a look at the history of selection points to see how likely you are to be selected. Here:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ts.htm?level=1

Do you have points for work experience in an area of skills shortage as that will make a big difference to your chance of being selected?

If you are selected, your points score is plausible and you receive and return an ITA then one of three things will happen. Your application could be declined, you could be issued with a residence visa or you could be issued with a jobsearch visa which is a 9month work visa. The jobsearch visa allows you to travel to NZ and find suitable work [within 9m], once you have fulfilled the conditions then you can convert to residency.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:39 am
rocky!!

Originally Posted by Persephone
Your wife's qualification will only earn you points if it is on the list of recognised qualifications or you get it assessed by NZQA, I take it you've checked this?

NZQA has pre-assessed as bachelors of commerce level 6 on the NZ qualification framework. Please advice will that be enough for submitting EOI or not?

Have a look at the history of selection points to see how likely you are to be selected. Here:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ts.htm?level=1

Do you have points for work experience in an area of skills shortage as that will make a big difference to your chance of being selected?

yes i have work experience in area of absolute skill shortage list.

If you are selected, your points score is plausible and you receive and return an ITA then one of three things will happen. Your application could be declined, you could be issued with a residence visa or you could be issued with a jobsearch visa which is a 9month work visa. The jobsearch visa allows you to travel to NZ and find suitable work [within 9m], once you have fulfilled the conditions then you can convert to residency.
Please suggest further . thanks for the support
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:39 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shanjani
Please suggest further . thanks for the support
NZQA has pre-assessed as bachelors of commerce level 6 on the NZ qualification framework. Please advice will that be enough for submitting EOI or not?
That means you will score 10 points for her qualification and not 20. She will still need to get a full assessment in order for you to have those points accepted. You would send in the full assessment with your ITA
•10 points if your partner holds a level 4-6 qualification
•20 points: if your partner holds a level 7+ qualification.
yes i have work experience in area of absolute skill shortage list.
15 or 10 points? If you look at the history of selection points then you can see how often your points total comes up-most draws seem to select those with 15pts for work exp in an area of skills shortage. This should give you an idea of your chances.

Hope this helps
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:45 pm
rocky!!

That means you will score 10 points for her qualification and not 20. She will still need to get a full assessment in order for you to have those points accepted. You would send in the full assessment with your ITA

yes but she has completed her qualification before 24/july/2011, and there is a condition on the operational manual that says that 20 points can be claimed in such condition were qualification has completed before that date
15 or 10 points? If you look at the history of selection points then you can see how often your points total comes up-most draws seem to select those with 15pts for work exp in an area of skills shortage. This should give you an idea of your chances.

Hope this helps
thanks for the reply any ways
Old Feb 6th 2012, 10:09 pm
Queen of the Underworld

yes but she has completed her qualification before 24/july/2011, and there is a condition on the operational manual that says that 20 points can be claimed in such condition were qualification has completed before that date
My understanding of that section is that it applies to qualifications gained in NZ only.
Despite (a), if a partner of a principal applicant holds a recognised New Zealandqualification at levels three, four, five, and six on the NZQF, they will be eligible for 20 points if:
i the qualification would have met the requirements for the award of points under the Skilled Migrant Category that was in effect on 24 July 2011; and
ii the qualification was completed before 25 July 2011 or they had commenced a course of study, resulting in the qualification for which they are claiming points, on 24 July 2011.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 6:18 am
rocky!!

My understanding of that section is that it applies to qualifications gained in NZ only.
thanks presphone. for your research and advice.
Now am confused cause immigration officer told me that she can confirm 20 points considering she is qualified offshore.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 9:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Now am confused cause immigration officer told me that she can confirm 20 points considering she is qualified offshore.
Well there you go. If you have explained correctly to NZIS then you have no worries over that eh?
Far better to ask direct than to ask us.

All the best and good luck.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 5:49 am
Queen of the Underworld

I would double check with NZIS, it was immigration and not an advisor you asked and it was after the assessment, yes?. They are the ones who do the job so should be giving out the correct information. My understanding of that area is as I said but I am no expert so if they say 20points then 20pts it is!
Let us know how you get on.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 6:00 am
rocky!!

I would double check with NZIS, it was immigration and not an advisor you asked and it was after the assessment, yes?. They are the ones who do the job so should be giving out the correct information. My understanding of that area is as I said but I am no expert so if they say 20points then 20pts it is!
Let us know how you get on.
well i contacted NZ immigration helpline, checked twice, both said that this 20 points is for partner qualification gained in NZ.
So got satisfied answer this time.
I have 120 points including 10 bonus points in an area of absolute skill shortage.I wonder ill be ever selected from the pool or not?
Please let me know what are my chances and if i could get job offer from NZ employer, is there any way?

regards and thanks for the time
Old Feb 8th 2012, 6:10 am
Queen of the Underworld

At least you know now. The only way you can assess your chances is to look at the history of selection points and see how often your points score comes up. Having 10pts in an area of skills shortage will help but from memory I don't think that has been selected recently. NZIS website not working at the moment so not able to check.
As far as looking for jobs, then that depends on what you do and how easy it is to gain an offer from overseas. This is easier for some occupations than others. Maybe start a new thread asking about your specific profession and asking whether others have found it easy to source work from abroad.
I got my job whilst in NZ after gaining residency, but I do a job where I feel it is important to see the place and meet the people first.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 6:28 am
rocky!!

At least you know now. The only way you can assess your chances is to look at the history of selection points and see how often your points score comes up. Having 10pts in an area of skills shortage will help but from memory I don't think that has been selected recently. NZIS website not working at the moment so not able to check.
As far as looking for jobs, then that depends on what you do and how easy it is to gain an offer from overseas. This is easier for some occupations than others. Maybe start a new thread asking about your specific profession and asking whether others have found it easy to source work from abroad.
I got my job whilst in NZ after gaining residency, but I do a job where I feel it is important to see the place and meet the people first.
thanks for the advice, I really appreciate that , hope we can communicate and share our experiences regarding NZ immig outside this blog, please give me your email or contact ?
I certainly will start searching for job offers in NZ, I have BSc Engineering with 3 Years of experience in multinational organization (Honeywell) I work in automation and control systems industry as Project Engineer. Need to check what is the demand of engineers in NZ specifically in my field