British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Help please advise needed..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/help-please-advise-needed-880835/)

lilacnic Jul 23rd 2016 4:47 am

Help please advise needed.....

Hi
My husband and I and our 10 year old son are looking to emigrate to nz and are looking for some recommendations for agents to help facilitate the move.
Ideally someone who as well as assisting with all the paperwork can help my husband find a job.
Would be very grateful for any advice, recommendations or to hear about your experiences
Cheers

MrsFychan Jul 23rd 2016 12:15 pm

Re: Help please advise needed.....

firstly lets get into agents.

ok what are your jobs, have you checked that you would actually be able to get a visa?
agents generally are just paper pushers and middle men. if you have the skills that NZ are looking for then you would be better off doing the process yourself with help from members. most have done it themselves so can provide you with their experiences.

but as I said, need to know what occupations you have and what qualifications

lilacnic Jul 24th 2016 7:47 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 12010066)
firstly lets get into agents.

ok what are your jobs, have you checked that you would actually be able to get a visa?
agents generally are just paper pushers and middle men. if you have the skills that NZ are looking for then you would be better off doing the process yourself with help from members. most have done it themselves so can provide you with their experiences.

but as I said, need to know what occupations you have and what qualifications

Hi thanks for your reply. We have been told we can get in on skilled migrant visa as long as he has a job offer to get the points to a high enough level.
He is an aircraft engineer and I am a therapy assistant working for the NHS.
I have been looking at using "new zealand shores" agency. Does anyone know anything about them?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

MrsFychan Jul 24th 2016 7:58 am

would not recommend unless you are useless at putting paper work into order or you are trying to flee a country because of human rights issues. The process is fairly easy as long as you follow the "how to" pamphlet that comes with the paperwork.

aircraft engineer is on the list of skilled occupations so you would actually need a job offer from an accredited company, not just any company. if it is not an accredited company then that company would have to provide immigration with indepth information that they have not been able to find somewhere already in NZ to fill the position.

therapy assistant - physical. is also on the list of skilled occupations. all the above applies.

this would give you a 2 year temp visa (work to residency visa) that could then lead on to a permanent visa, if criteria is met, (residency from work visa).

movingtonewzealand Jul 25th 2016 12:48 am

I would second that about agents, for just the two of us on work to residency visa it would have cost over £6000 all in (their costs plus the costs of applying for visas)!!

INZ in London were so easy to contact to ask questions and the forms so straightforward, you have to be an idiot to not do it yourself imo (unless you've just sold your house in the UK and have all this cash at your disposal that you feel like burning..).

The agencies still have to ask you the same questions you'd have to work out yourself, and even if there is a mistake made by immigration (which there was with ours, that we later got an apology for - seriously stressful!) it would make no difference to your immigration process.

Hazelnut Jul 27th 2016 10:50 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 12010620)
if it is not an accredited company then that company would have to provide immigration with indepth information that they have not been able to find somewhere already in NZ to fill the position.

We aren't there yet as we've had to wait for a job offer and other legal c*** to be sorted out in the UK and that has taken nearly just over two years. MrH now has an offer from a non accredited company. They spoke direct to Immigration NZ and it took was a couple of back and forth emails and Immigration NZ rang a few other, accredited companies to double check they didn't have anyone that could do the job. It was all straight forward and sorted out within a couple of weeks.

Brexit then happened and screwed the whole b****y thing up to the point the offer was put on indefinite hold. Six weeks later we're hopefully back on track after a lot of intense renegotiations but it's fragile and I won't really believe it until we have the formal job offer paperwork. It's definitely a roller coaster and be aware that support when you hit the lows isn't always that brilliant.

With regard to using an agent we're doing everything ourselves. It's easier for us as we know we'll have to provide some extra reports and can gather and sort it all out ourselves. We've found this and other forums, Immigration NZ and the new employer to be helpful. Immigration NZ have all the leaflets online that they send out and these go step by step, in simple language, exactly what you need to submit at each stage.

Things we had to get that we didn't already have were full transcripts for degrees as well as degree certificate and full birth certificates that have parents names on rather than the basic, free ones. Both were easy to get hold of.

movingtonewzealand Jul 27th 2016 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by Hazelnut (Post 12013166)
We aren't there yet as we've had to wait for a job offer and other legal c*** to be sorted out in the UK and that has taken nearly just over two years. MrH now has an offer from a non accredited company. They spoke direct to Immigration NZ and it took was a couple of back and forth emails and Immigration NZ rang a few other, accredited companies to double check they didn't have anyone that could do the job. It was all straight forward and sorted out within a couple of weeks.

Brexit then happened and screwed the whole b****y thing up to the point the offer was put on indefinite hold. Six weeks later we're hopefully back on track after a lot of intense renegotiations but it's fragile and I won't really believe it until we have the formal job offer paperwork. It's definitely a roller coaster and be aware that support when you hit the lows isn't always that brilliant.

With regard to using an agent we're doing everything ourselves. It's easier for us as we know we'll have to provide some extra reports and can gather and sort it all out ourselves. We've found this and other forums, Immigration NZ and the new employer to be helpful. Immigration NZ have all the leaflets online that they send out and these go step by step, in simple language, exactly what you need to submit at each stage.

Things we had to get that we didn't already have were full transcripts for degrees as well as degree certificate and full birth certificates that have parents names on rather than the basic, free ones. Both were easy to get hold of.

What was the reason why everything stopped because of Brexit..??

Hazelnut Jul 28th 2016 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by movingtonewzealand (Post 12013728)
What was the reason why everything stopped because of Brexit..??

I don't really want to go into the detail because I got roundly ridiculed and stamped on last time I mentioned it. In general terms Brexit has caused quite a few firms in the UK to alter their long term plans and jobs that existed before don't exist now. As this is off topic and it's taken a lot of courage to start posting again after being so ridiculed last time I won't say more on the matter.