Help please

Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

tonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the rough
Default Help please

Hello we are hoping to migrate to New Zealand I am 40 years old with qualifications in family and community care currently am a self employed child minder my husband is 45 no formal qualifications currently works as a warehouse man ,I have had my qualifications pre assessed by NZQA and am told they are equal to a level 3 certificate I don't know if this will be enough for me to get a job in New Zealand or even good enough for me to apply can anyone recomment a good agent.
many thanks Helen
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all
Default Re: Help please

Originally Posted by tonyhelen
Hello we are hoping to migrate to New Zealand I am 40 years old with qualifications in family and community care currently am a self employed child minder my husband is 45 no formal qualifications currently works as a warehouse man ,I have had my qualifications pre assessed by NZQA and am told they are equal to a level 3 certificate I don't know if this will be enough for me to get a job in New Zealand or even good enough for me to apply can anyone recomment a good agent.
many thanks Helen
I think if you have a look on the immigration nz website they have quite a detailed link/info bit on qualification levels. Its all changed recently and they're using the Oz system now I think.
Hope that helps

sb
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 5:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by tonyhelen
I am 40 years old with qualifications in family and community care currently am a self employed child minder

I have had my qualifications pre assessed by NZQA and am told they are equal to a level 3 certificate

many thanks Helen
Helen.

Please do a search through the ANZSCO register and let us know which best describes your qualifications and occupation. [click the blue type]

Once you have found something comparable, you will see that ANZSCO have a description of the tasks and also which NZ level is seen as the standard.

There will also be an ANZSCO register number allocated to it. What is that number ? From this we can check whether your occupation is on the shortages lists . We can also double check whether NZIS regard your occupation as skilled or not.

Do you have management standard for instance.

Let's explore more so if you do choose to use an agent, you will know something about the process and what to expect.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

tonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Helen.

Please do a search through the ANZSCO register and let us know which best describes your qualifications and occupation. [click the blue type]

Once you have found something comparable, you will see that ANZSCO have a description of the tasks and also which NZ level is seen as the standard.

There will also be an ANZSCO register number allocated to it. What is that number ? From this we can check whether your occupation is on the shortages lists . We can also double check whether NZIS regard your occupation as skilled or not.

Do you have management standard for instance.

Let's explore more so if you do choose to use an agent, you will know something about the process and what to expect.
Ok i will do that thanks bev.

Helen