Help! NZQA pre-assessment

Old May 3rd 2007, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all
Default Help! NZQA pre-assessment

Hi

NZIS in London have emailed me saying that OHs qualification has to be pre-assessed.

I was told I could apply online, www.nzqa.govt.nz, but I don't know where to go from there?

Any help would be appreciated!
Old May 3rd 2007, 5:25 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! NZQA pre-assessment

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
Hi

NZIS in London have emailed me saying that OHs qualification has to be pre-assessed.

I was told I could apply online, www.nzqa.govt.nz, but I don't know where to go from there?

Any help would be appreciated!
http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/for-internat...val/index.html This link will cost $450 and take about 30 days and is needed for the ITA

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/for-internat...ult/index.html This link will cost $150 and take about 10 days and is needed for the EOI. However, if you take this route it will cost you the $450 on top of this if you pass through the EOI

Has NZIS given you 30 days to reply?? It's your choice but NZIS gave me 30 days so I went for the $150 route to get things moving and am now applying for the $450 route for full assessent. If you don't mind a little wait and you are confident of passing the EOI (no reason why you shouldn't) then go for the full assessment and let NZIS know what you are doing, it will save you $150. Tell them first, just to make sure there isn't a problem with the longer wait.

Best of luck
Old May 3rd 2007, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Thanks for that! I had just found the link, but hadn't got as far as them informing me of the costs!

NZIS has requested that I do a pre-assessment and then forward it on once the results come through.

There is no mention of a deadline, although she has informed we that I will need to do a full assessment at application stage.

Do you think its still OK go straight for the full assessment!
Old May 3rd 2007, 5:40 pm

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that! I had just found the link, but hadn't got as far as them informing me of the costs!

NZIS has requested that I do a pre-assessment and then forward it on once the results come through.

There is no mention of a deadline, although she has informed we that I will need to do a full assessment at application stage.

Do you think its still OK go straight for the full assessment!
Full assessment should be OK, I only went for the pre assessment because I had a deadline set and the full assessment would have missed the deadline. Easiest thing is to drop NZIS an E Mail, explaining that you are going the full assessment route and to tell you if that is a problem. They can only say no, at worst.
Old May 3rd 2007, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Done!

I only wish I had been home earlier to receive the email, then I might have got an answer today! Of course, I want everything done yesterday!
Old May 3rd 2007, 5:48 pm

Done!

I only wish I had been home earlier to receive the email, then I might have got an answer today! Of course, I want everything done yesterday!
You are dealing with Kiwi's, it's a different speed entirely. Get into the chill mode now, it's easier!
Old May 3rd 2007, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sirplug
You are dealing with Kiwi's, it's a different speed entirely. Get into the chill mode now, it's easier!
Guess I should, but not feeling very chill at the moment.

I'm getting married on 1st June and have just received an email from my dad saying he might not be able to attend. To cut a rather long and tedious story short, his wife has got a strop on about not being invited to my hen do. Any rational person would know that it wouldn't be a good idea to get mother and step-mother together in a rented house for the weekend! :curse:
Old May 3rd 2007, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Guess I should, but not feeling very chill at the moment.

I'm getting married on 1st June and have just received an email from my dad saying he might not be able to attend. To cut a rather long and tedious story short, his wife has got a strop on about not being invited to my hen do. Any rational person would know that it wouldn't be a good idea to get mother and step-mother together in a rented house for the weekend! :curse:
Hang on in there RedMonsk! V. Impressed that you are trying to emigrate and arrange a wedding all at the same time! When are you getting married?
I found that there are a lot of people (that you think would know better) behave v. badly in the lead up to weddings. Just you remember that this day is about you and your OH and hang the rest of them! Good luck to you both!
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Leighlou
Hang on in there RedMonsk! V. Impressed that you are trying to emigrate and arrange a wedding all at the same time! When are you getting married?
I found that there are a lot of people (that you think would know better) behave v. badly in the lead up to weddings. Just you remember that this day is about you and your OH and hang the rest of them! Good luck to you both!
Getting married on 1st June at registry office in Hemel (see you are originally from Herts!) with reception in a friends garden in Potten End.

OH did say we should have got married abroad! Have recently had problems with my mum who lives in France! When I asked her to bring a few boxes of rose wine from France, if she was travelling by car, she responded by saying that I only ever got in contact when I wanted something!

Think I should just bar both parents from wedding and then I might actually enjoy the day!
Old May 3rd 2007, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Getting married on 1st June at registry office in Hemel (see you are originally from Herts!) with reception in a friends garden in Potten End.

OH did say we should have got married abroad! Have recently had problems with my mum who lives in France! When I asked her to bring a few boxes of rose wine from France, if she was travelling by car, she responded by saying that I only ever got in contact when I wanted something!

Think I should just bar both parents from wedding and then I might actually enjoy the day!
We know Hemel quite well (the magic Roundabout as permanently mentally scarred me!) OH is a Letchworth boy and we both lived in St. Albans and then WGC for a while, so possibly even crossed paths!

Best of luck with the wedding and definitely ban anyone who will spoil your day!
Old May 4th 2007, 8:50 am

Good luck with the wedding and hope your move to NZ goes well.

Wedding karma sent!!
Old May 4th 2007, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you all!

Am slightly hungover today after drowning my sorrows last night. But today I have the attitude f##k them, f##k them all. It's my day and I WILL NOT let them ruin it!

{searching for inner calm!}

Yes, Leighlou, know the magic roundabout well. I used to hate going round it on driving lessons!!!

Don't know WGC (the only thing a friend could tell me about it was that there's a John Lewis there! ), but do know St Albans quite well. Used to frequent the pubs over there in my life pre-children! Still like to go shopping there sometimes.

We actually live in Berkhamsted.
Old May 4th 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sirplug
Full assessment should be OK, I only went for the pre assessment because I had a deadline set and the full assessment would have missed the deadline. Easiest thing is to drop NZIS an E Mail, explaining that you are going the full assessment route and to tell you if that is a problem. They can only say no, at worst.
Had reply saying the full assessments can take months and that she would be unable to hang onto EOI for that long.

Hey ho, better just get on with it!
Old May 4th 2007, 12:17 pm

Had reply saying the full assessments can take months and that she would be unable to hang onto EOI for that long.

Hey ho, better just get on with it!
Just go for the pre assessment and apply for the full assessment once the result is back. Good luck and calm down!!!