Help needed! Which visa to apply for.

Old Apr 1st 2013, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

vixter2104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help needed! Which visa to apply for.

Hi
I stumbled across this forum by accident and I'm so glad I did. I need some advice as to what I need to do to enable my husband and son and me to get to NZ.
I understand that both my husband and I have skilled jobs, Building surveyor and Environmental Health Officer each with 15 years experience but I'm stumped as to what forms I need to fill in.
Is it an EOI or work visa? When I apply for a job they ask if I have a visa and if I don't obviously I get put to the bottom of the pile but on the other hand the work visas ask about employment details so I'm a bit puzzled where to start.
Sorry if this has been asked before.
Vx
Old Apr 1st 2013, 10:04 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help needed! Which visa to apply for.

Hi there and welcome to our teeny tiny NA forum.

Let's see if we can get you started.

A work visa is a temporary visa and can only be applied for if you have a job offer. So, It is job offer first and then apply for a work visa.

It may be possible for you to emigrate to New Zealand under the skilled migrant route, looking at your occupations. It would depend on how many points you could claim. Applications that include a job offer go to the top .

Yes. You would need to complete an EOI for that. Try the points indicator first. - click the link

Quite often NZ employers don't understand it is a job offer first before one can apply for a working visa ( this is different to applying for NZ residency) .
Some employers are NZ immigration accredited which means they should understand the process and know they are able to offer you employment.

I can find Surveyor on the long term shortage list so that means that an NZ employer is free to offer employment to the overseas person. It is up to you to ensure the employer understands they can do this and that you would do what is necessary to apply for a visa to get you here in NZ and working within the timeframe. That might mean a temporary work visa & then you go onto apply for NZ residency.

Come back to us with any questions or puzzle. Doesn't have to be about visas.