Help needed regarding skilled Migration

Old Jan 30th 2012, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

delidan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help needed regarding skilled Migration

Hi,

I am looking into applying to emigrate to New Zealand. I am currently a Call Centre Team Leader in the finance industry which I see is on the skills list part 3. I have been in the position for about a year. I have previously worked in New Zealand under the WHV and would love the opportunity to move out there again with my family.

I fear that my work experience will not be enough to qualify however I didn't expect to see it on the skills lists at all to be honest. What are the implications of an occupations being in part 3 of the skills list?

I have a certificate of higher education, speak proficient english as does my partner and am 35. I understand these are worth a few points however it all depends on my work experiance I imagine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel
Old Jan 30th 2012, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed regarding skilled Migration

If you dont have over 140 points, through a mixture of qualifications, experience and/or LTSS then you will need a job offer to be considered. Unfortunately that skill isnt on the ISSL/LTSS list, so unless you find an accredited employer who will take you on, its highly unlikely that anyone else will give you a chance and if they did INZ would most likely not grant the visa anyway - sorry!
Old Jan 30th 2012, 8:55 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!
Have you had a look at the points indicator on the NZIS website yet? This will give you an indication of your points total but is sometimes a little vague.

Check whether your certificate is recognised on here so you know how many points you get for it:
List of Recognised Quals

You are correct in thinking that lack of work experience will probably mean you do not gain enough points and even if you do scrape above 100 then the chances of being selected would be slim. In those cases a job offer would be necessary and that would be more tricky if your job isn't in shortage [conditions would apply].

You do gain points for age but no points are awarded for English ability.
Try and do a points calculation first and get back to us, unless there is something you're not telling us then I doubt you will reach the 100 needed to submit an EOI. Does your partner have any qualifications that may boost your total or could she/he be the principal partner? [I'm guessing not or you would have said that in your post!]
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 8:42 am
Just Joined

delidan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thank you for your responses, I did fear as much. Unfortunately my partner does not have any relevant qualifications or experience that will help. So if I in a team leader role for say 5 years, would this then help?

What does it mean to have a occupation in part 3 of the skills list. Would you need a job offer with all level 3 occupations?