Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

help needed with partners qualifications for EOI

help needed with partners qualifications for EOI

Old Jan 25th 2010, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

GILDOC will become famous soon enough
Default help needed with partners qualifications for EOI

Thanks for reading.

I am not sure whether I can claim points for my husbands qualification. He has a qualification which is on the skills list, however he is not working in that occupation at the moment. I can't see anywhere stating that your partner must be working in the job he has the qualification in.

Can anyone help, if I can claim we have 125 points and have a better chance of being selected.

Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help needed with partners qualifications for EOI

Originally Posted by GILDOC
Thanks for reading.

I am not sure whether I can claim points for my husbands qualification. He has a qualification which is on the skills list, however he is not working in that occupation at the moment. I can't see anywhere stating that your partner must be working in the job he has the qualification in.

Can anyone help, if I can claim we have 125 points and have a better chance of being selected.

Thanks
Without checking im sure it says you must have a certain amount of years experience in the occupation you are claiming points for
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

GILDOC will become famous soon enough
Default Re: help needed with partners qualifications for EOI

Thanks for the reply

I know it states that the primary applicant must have so many years current experience in the work they are claiming points for, however I can't find anything about partners work experience.

Can anyone else help?