Help needed - advice about dumping agent

Old May 5th 2009, 9:13 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG, how much! Final settlement bill just in.

Hi Lizaberry

have sent you a PM
Old May 5th 2009, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

helenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to all
Angry Re: OMG, how much! Final settlement bill just in.

I wonder if it's worth talking to trading standards? Was there a cooling off period after you signed up with them? It's certainly worth a phone call to Trading Standards, or Citizens advice I'd say. Companies like these should need some sort of licence to run. They make me sick, ripping people off left right and centre! :curse:
Old May 5th 2009, 9:40 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenlhoppy
I wonder if it's worth talking to trading standards? Was there a cooling off period after you signed up with them? It's certainly worth a phone call to Trading Standards, or Citizens advice I'd say. Companies like these should need some sort of licence to run. They make me sick, ripping people off left right and centre! :curse:

They are licensed Helenhoppy, by NZ immigration
Old May 5th 2009, 10:11 am
Newbie to NZ

Lizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks folks! It's just really frightening to be in this situation not knowing how things will pan out. I know it is only money after all but it's so frustrating, etc. I will try and give Trading Standards or CAB a ring and see what they say. I did ask the rep in London about 'cooling off periods' or 'distance selling regulations' but they were very evasive and didn't really confirm it either way. OK, so have just spoken to Consumer Direct who work on behalf of Trading Standards. She says I need to check the terms and conditions and suggests that I put it in a letter to both of the offices that have been handling our case. She suggested that because we have back out of the contract, they may have already 'let us off'. So, now I have to check all the paperwork for the T & C's and see if I can find anything. She didn't say that we had any automatic cover under distance selling regs or a cooling off period (unless in the contract I think). I just want to get on with my day but feel like I am walking around a bit like Atlas at the moment!!
Keep the advice coming, if you have any. I would be very grateful for it. Cheers, L
Old May 5th 2009, 11:13 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm listening.

I'd be interested to read more.

Have sent aPM.
Old May 5th 2009, 2:40 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

You guys gotta be strong Lizaberry...

I would do their head in by sending letters the one after the other querying stuff & asking more details & disagreeing with their final figures...

Good luck!!
Old May 5th 2009, 2:42 pm
Newbie to NZ

Lizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Matewx
You guys gotta be strong Lizaberry...

I would do their head in by sending letters the one after the other querying stuff & asking more details & disagreeing with their final figures...

Good luck!!
thanks. How are things with you? Any news? Good Luck!
Old May 5th 2009, 2:45 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lizaberry
How are things with you? Any news? Good Luck!
Eheh Thanks for asking....

I am waiting to hear back from my CO. Went back home to see family over the weekend so am relaxed n chilled now!! Que sera sera!!
Old May 5th 2009, 2:47 pm
Newbie to NZ

To be perfectly honest, much of the work that they did in the short time that they were 'working for us' is duplication of the stuff they produced for us during the full check process, so all in all I am disappointed that we have been charged such an extortionate fee for very little. I will be putting something in writing to them, but this evening when I have my youngest in bed - then I can go for it hammer and tong so that it will reach them shortly after they open their doors for the day - well, that's my intention. I don't want this to turn into a war but just want to let them seem things from our point of view. They were never going to be able to do very much anyway because we can't yet proceed with an EOI as we are waiting for OH to get a job offer. Time will tell, and let us hope justice prevails. Thanks again, L
Old May 5th 2009, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

deb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nice
Red face Re: Help needed - advice about dumping agent

Could someone in as few words as possible let me know which visa to go as OH has just had a job offer with an accredited company.

Have been on NZIS immigration web site and confused does not even come near it. We are on the verge of signing up with Visa Bureau who says the fee will be £500 + VAT but after reading some of the other comments are unsure what to do.

I think my head is going to explode.
Old May 5th 2009, 8:10 pm
Newbie to NZ

Default Re: Help needed - advice about dumping agent

In light of my own limited experience of agents, think very carefully. Hopefully one of the more experienced members will give you some advice. My opinion is that I would rather go down the EOI, ITA route with a job offer rather than the work to residence route. As I said, that's just my humble opinion for what it's worth. Just err on the side of caution if using an agent. I'm sure there are plenty of others that can offer you good advice - let's hope you don't have to wait too long for a reply. Best of Luck
Old May 5th 2009, 11:18 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by deb_steve
Could someone in as few words as possible let me know which visa to go as OH has just had a job offer with an accredited company.

Have been on NZIS immigration web site and confused does not even come near it. We are on the verge of signing up with Visa Bureau who says the fee will be £500 + VAT but after reading some of the other comments are unsure what to do.

I think my head is going to explode.
Don't do it.

I am going to copy some of your post & question about which route to go into a new thread for you so it doesn't get buried. From there we can all better try to help you with what the options are.

edit here

I have started your thread about this HERE (click the link)

Last edited by BEVS; May 5th 2009 at 11:21 pm.
Old May 6th 2009, 2:09 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
How is it going with the agent? Still can't believe how much they were going to charge you Have you heard back yet?
Sue
Old May 6th 2009, 8:02 am
Newbie to NZ

Didn't get around to finishing letter to agent last night. Got my youngest settled by 7pm but then had to pop to the shops and by the time I got back, cleared away the dishes, made packed lunches, etc. my momentum had gone. It was about 10'ish before I turned in for the night but I took the laptop with me and made a start. Both OH and myself feel that we were mis-sold the service. OH told not to worry about his apprenticeship not yielding any points (to enable us to lodge EOI) and that the situation would be rectified by him getting a job offer - the thing my OH asked about whether the marine industry had been affected by the economic climate and that adviser we spoke to in London suggested not. I feel we may have been given false hope and misleading information. Gonna include that in my letter for sure. Hope to get it sorted today - feel like I'm carrying around this baggage with me everywhere and just want to off load it now! It's been a long 24 hours. Thanks again for listening, L
Old May 6th 2009, 9:14 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Lizaberry, I really feel for you. It's a stressful enough time without this kind of crap being thrown in to the mix. We have some friends applying for PR here in NZ using an agent and he's quoted them $20,000. That's not including their medical and x-ray expenses.

Have some karma.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.