help needed

Old Jul 8th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default help needed

oh has just been offered a job in nz we know that he can go out on a 12month work permit but what about the rest of the family???

there is me

and 2 children aged 3(4 november) and 18months

and what is the cost?????

also do we need to prove money etc when oh is applying for wp???and we will be living with him?

any help would be good

as we have to give a discission later tonight and we don't know anything about temp res in nz
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:37 pm
Dr. Watchers

Scottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really nice
Default Re: help needed

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
oh has just been offered a job in nz we know that he can go out on a 12month work permit but what about the rest of the family???

there is me

also do we need to prove money etc when oh is applying for wp???and we will be living with him?

any help would be good

as we have to give a discission later tonight and we don't know anything about temp res in nz
Hi There,
Congratulations on the job offer, that can be half the battle when you want to go to NZ. I was wondering if the NZ employer offers the Talent Visa route? I'm no expert but I think all the family can go out under your husband's application for that [& his company do a lot of the paperwork] but you will not be able to work in NZ under his talent visa. The only downside is that it ties him to that employer (or another 'approved' employer) for two years after which he can then apply for permanent residency (PR). I would suggest that you go to the New Zealand Immigration Service website and use their points calculator to see if you have enough points to apply for PR straight away, as this would give you a bit more security. There will be others on this forum who have more experience and will be able to give you better advice I'm sure. Good luck with your decision. I'm sure your OH's employer will understand your situation and be willing to help you if you ask for advice.
Cheers
Shirley
Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

hi shirley

thanxs for the reply...like the idea of not being able to workhee hee

we really dont know what to do

we where offered a job in perth in may however they are taking so long in getting there act together that we are now really looking at this job offer
and really dont know what to do

we have never been to nz have been to oz dont know what to expect

god i am ramberling

anyway thanks again

tiff
xx
Old Jul 8th 2007, 6:10 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Sure the rest of the family can join him. Your significant other will be tied to the sponsoring employer and you'll be given an open work permit allowing you to undertake any occupation. As your children are still quite young I don't think they will be getting student permits. Better call or contact the New Zealand consulate for information about their status.

there is me

Well, air fares for a start. They aren't cheap.

...also do we need to prove money, etc. when oh is applying for wp???and we will be living with him?
In short, you don't have to show any money. Proof of relationship may be required

any help would be good

as we have to give a discussion later tonight and we don't know anything about temp res in nz
It can be done. My wife, daughter and I futzed around on temporary work permits for four-and-a-half years before pulling finger and applying for permanent residency.

Good luck.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future

Hi,

We are in the same boat, I got my job offer in May and were off on the 19th July.

I got a 12 month work visa tied to the employer, Husband has an open work Visa applied for on the back of mine, I have a student visa for my 6 year old and a visitor visa for my 2 year old. You will need a form completed by the employer making the job offer, the amount of detail they will have to give will depend if they are registered to employ from overseas, if the role is on the skills shortage list, and if they have been unable to fill the role from within NZ.

In support of your application you will need proof of your relationship, a marriage cert is not sufficient. i.e evidence of joint financial relationships like mortgage, council tax and utility bills etc and photos of the family. You will need to prove the kids are yours and you are all together, photos, school reports etc. They wern't that fussed about the detail for a 12 month visa, but they will be for PR. You will need full birth certificates for all of you, not the short ones.

Total cost of the applications was about £240, I delivered the forms myself and they checked them over and we had the visas in the post 2 days later. As its up to 12 months then no need for medicals and police checks just yet, but if you stay over 12 months by extending your visas or go for PR then you will need to get them. Just make sure you have all the documentation you need before you go as applying for that lot from overseas is slightly tedious.

We are going to apply for residency when we get there.

Total costs for moving for us will be about £10k, thats for a 40ft container with insurance, one way flights for the 4 of us and the dog.

Any more questions pm me, hope that helps.