British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   help!! need 2 get out of UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/help-need-2-get-out-uk-595049/)

kev82 Mar 2nd 2009 8:38 pm

help!! need 2 get out of UK

hi all, i'm a 26 year old single UK lad who has recently got back from NZ after spending time their on a working holiday visa and guess what i want to go back ASAP!!
i'm completly fed up with life in the UK! I have done plenty of research about visa's etc and basically i have no job skills or anything to get me a visa. Does anyone have any ideas on how i could get back over there? any help would be great:thumbup:

P2L Mar 3rd 2009 5:04 am

Re: help!! need 2 get out of UK

Originally Posted by kev82 (Post 7338710)
hi all, i'm a 26 year old single UK lad who has recently got back from NZ after spending time their on a working holiday visa and guess what i want to go back ASAP!!
i'm completly fed up with life in the UK! I have done plenty of research about visa's etc and basically i have no job skills or anything to get me a visa. Does anyone have any ideas on how i could get back over there? any help would be great:thumbup:

Know what you are going through; we were exactly the same after visiting here in 2005.:(

What job did you do when you were on your WHV? Any chance you can utilise those skills to get you a position and then a work visa??:unsure:

What are you doing now you are back in the UK?? Can you retrain in something?? I know this is really difficult once yo start having bills to pay etc but if you want it badly enough.......;)

kev82 Mar 3rd 2009 9:39 am

hey thanks for your reply,
the jobs i was doing out there were basic non skilled jobs like warehousing and labouring so that wouldn't help me at all.
at the moment i have no work in england and i have the same options time and time again like working in a warehouse!!:mad:
The town i live in you hardly see or hear of jobs where you can train to get a skill etc, its quite frustating!! Need to find a kiwi bird to marry i suppose!!

I don't know if you are aware but BUNAC offer a extra 1 year WHV for people who have already used the first one up like me... it costs about £500 i think. That would be my best option at present.. one foot in the door so to speak!

thanks again

Diggler Mar 3rd 2009 10:04 am

Originally Posted by kev82 (Post 7338710)

You fancy being a cop ? I joined when i was your age in Manchester, now 9 years later, applying for Canada. A friend of mine joined NZ police last year in her 40's ! :thumbup:

kev82 Mar 3rd 2009 12:09 pm

funny you say that! looked into being a cop... just failed a eye test for the MOD police! seems to be pretty hard to get into a force over here though.
even sent out emails to Western OZ police and NZ police to see if i could go straight over there and train rather than do 2 years here.. worth a try!

Quite impressed during my travels in canada, oz and nz to watch their police work... seemed to me they had quite a bit of respect from the public, perhaps more than u would get here.. where will you go in canada?

any tips for me? thanks:thumbsup:

Diggler Mar 3rd 2009 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by kev82 (Post 7340764)
funny you say that! looked into being a cop... just failed a eye test for the MOD police! seems to be pretty hard to get into a force over here though.
even sent out emails to Western OZ police and NZ police to see if i could go straight over there and train rather than do 2 years here.. worth a try!

Quite impressed during my travels in canada, oz and nz to watch their police work... seemed to me they had quite a bit of respect from the public, perhaps more than u would get here.. where will you go in canada?

any tips for me? thanks:thumbsup:

Edmonton if all goes to plan, though it looks more difficult than getting into GMP, where i think you just have to turn up and give your name to get accepted ! If you have considered it already, its probably worth some serious consideration. Two years in the UK is nothing and the first 6-7 months training isnt difficult for 22 grand a year, then, the world is yours !! :lol: