British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   HELP..!!! Married only for 4 months. Can I include my wife? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/help-married-only-4-months-can-i-include-my-wife-822268/)

sandun Jan 20th 2014 4:32 am

HELP..!!! Married only for 4 months. Can I include my wife?

Hi fellas,

I really need some help from u guys to clear out some of the confusions I am having...

I am going to include my wife in to my EOI (Skill Migration)

1) I got married (registered) in Oct 2013.
2) We are still not living together because i am working in Singapore and she is working in my home country.

I am worried about this statement in the EOI,

"A partner will only be granted residence if both people in the partnership have been living together for at least 12 months."
1) Are they really considering this point very seriously?
2) Can I put "Yes" for the following question in EOI

"If you selected Married,do you meet the minimum requirements for recognition of partnerships, as defined in the guide? "

At the point of EOI submission we will only have about 4months of marriage life.

Please help me out here guys.. Need your opinions regarding this matter.

Thanks in advance..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MrsFychan Jan 20th 2014 4:49 am

Re: HELP..!!! Married only for 4 months. Can I include my wife?

marriage certificate means nothing to Immigration I'm afraid you need to prove you have shared a day to day life together for at least 12mths and yes they are serious about that

sandun Jan 20th 2014 4:56 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11086786)
marriage certificate means nothing to Immigration I'm afraid you need to prove you have shared a day to day life together for at least 12mths and yes they are serious about that

Thank you MrsFychan for ur reply.

We have been in a long term relationship before our marriage. We can provide evidence for that matter. But yeah.. after the marriage it would be little bit difficult.

Still confused about below 2 options.

1) Can I still include my wife in the EOI?
2) If yes, then if my EOI get selected and if i failed to prove my marriage will both of us loose the offer or.. any chance I can go to NZ and then later apply for my wife ??

Thanks a lot...

MrsFychan Jan 20th 2014 4:58 am

you state in your first post that you still do not live together so how do you intend to show that you have a serious committed relationship that has been on going for more than 12mths??

sandun Jan 20th 2014 5:06 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11086799)
you state in your first post that you still do not live together so how do you intend to show that you have a serious committed relationship that has been on going for more than 12mths??

I am going back to my country at least 3 times per year and I can show photograph evidence and bank transcripts. But I know it will be very difficult to prove from these type of evidence.

So your advice is not to include my wife in the EOI?
or can I just include her in the EOI and answer "No" to below question..?

"If you selected Married,do you meet the minimum requirements for recognition of partnerships, as defined in the guide? "

MrsFychan Jan 20th 2014 6:14 am

if your want your wife to join you you would have to include her on the application. she would need to meet the minimum requirements as set out on forms. If you can prove that your lives are intertwined then its up to the CO and their opinion

sandun Jan 20th 2014 6:27 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11086843)
if your want your wife to join you you would have to include her on the application. she would need to meet the minimum requirements as set out on forms. If you can prove that your lives are intertwined then its up to the CO and their opinion

I was wondering what will happen if we cannot prove our self as partners.
Will our application get fully rejected or will they approve only me..

anyway will search more on this matter.

thanks a lot for ur time and information MrsFychan.

sandun Jan 20th 2014 6:27 am

If there is anybody who faced similar kind of situation and got through EOI please let me know..

---------------------------------------

FriendForEver Jan 21st 2014 5:16 am

Hi Sandun,

I am affraid, this is not a positive example but I want to share with you.

One of my friend who is currently in Auckland, Got approved his PR back in his home country. while his PR was in process he got married. Before coming to NZ he spent about 4 months with his wife. after arriving in NZ and getting a job he applied for her visitor visa but Immigration refuesd to grant because they have not lived together for at least 12 months. He also provided his marriage certificate, pictures and other evedances.

Now he is planning to go back and spend about one year in his home country and then he will apply.

sandun Jan 21st 2014 5:28 am

Originally Posted by FriendForEver (Post 11088575)
Hi Sandun,

I am affraid, this is not a positive example but I want to share with you.

One of my friend who is currently in Auckland, Got approved his PR back in his home country. while his PR was in process he got married. Before coming to NZ he spent about 4 months with his wife. after arriving in NZ and getting a job he applied for her visitor visa but Immigration refuesd to grant because they have not lived together for at least 12 months. He also provided his marriage certificate, pictures and other evedances.

Now he is planning to go back and spend about one year in his home country and then he will apply.

Thats really a sad news...
In that case he got married while his pr process is ongoing..

I am more worried about EOI getting approved.. if it gets approved, then i can wait till this October and then apply for pr.. so it will be 12months for our marriage..

If i include my wife there and if they think there is not enough proof.. will they discard my EOI as well?

MrsFychan Jan 21st 2014 7:01 am

the EOI (expression of interest) is a pre assessment whether Immigration will consider you for a visa. The ITA (Invitation to Apply) is where you need to send in all your documentation to prove what you have outlines in the EOI. Once you receive ITA you have 3mths to return it before they start to process it.

If you can prove that you provide financial support to your wife, have bills going to the same address, joint banks accounts or individual bank accounts going to the same address that will aide in proving a relationship. Joint holidays receipts, photo's etc

FriendForEver Jan 21st 2014 12:01 pm

In Addition to MrsFychan,

Your call record to your home country at her number, Her telfone bills and calls records, your communication over skype, your funds transfer to your joint bank account back in your country etc

sandun Jan 21st 2014 1:09 pm

wohhhhaaa... valuable information...

I need to check how I need to extract skype call history when providing it as a proof..

Thanks both of u for ur valuable thoughts..

:thumbsup: