Help LTSL

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:28 am
JK1
Just Joined

JK1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Help LTSL

Hi
I am new to this so bear with me

I am currently a qualified accountant working for the NHS, I have 15+ experience, on the LTSL I see there is a requirement for AUditors, I have 2 yrs work experience and the relevant equivalent quals can I include this on my EOI?
Does this mean I then have to only apply for Auditor jobs offer can I do ordinary accounting?

nb adding these on to my EOI would give me 130 points and a better chance of getting selected as I only have 110 at present and job offers have come but nobody wants to want for visa process
Help
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help LTSL

Hello JK

I'm also an accountant and currently waiting for visas to be processed before taking up a job offer. I work in the public sector and am CIMA qualified.

Ironically I was in the pool for over 4 months, and the week I added in the extra points for my job offer, the selection criteria dipped to 125 points when I would have been picked anyway.

I think you probably have to audit experience to qualify for the LTSL points.

Have you tried targeting accredited employers who might be more understanding of the visa process?

Good luck
Alison
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 12:46 pm
JK1
Just Joined

Hi Littleal
thanks for that I do have 2 years audit work expereince, however this is not what I want to do but I wondered if I could still calim the points. my biggest stumbling block seams to be selling my house I have already dropped the price significantly until that goes it does seem a little pointless as renting it out would not cover the mortgage and the nearest relies to keep an eye on it are 200 miles away. Heres to 2008 and hope things change1 before the bottom of the property market drops out altogether!
where are you planning to move to then? Have you got a job?
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

I totally understand why you wouldn't want to audit,

We've also dropped the price on our house but nothing is moving at the moment. Luckily our mortgage should be covered by renting it out.

I have a job to start in Hamilton in January, but we are due to fly on 27 Dec and we still don't have visas :curse:

Good luck
Alison
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 1:19 pm
JK1
Just Joined

Thanks Little Al