Help - ITA Headache

Old Nov 11th 2008, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

becky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to all
Default Help - ITA Headache

Hi all

I'm beginning to regret applying for this PR - its all turning into a nightmare!

1. How do we prove my partners english language ability? He has no record from schools and has not studied at higher education. Hes not happy about the prospect of a test! when hes never lived anywhere other than UK

2. Looks like you DO have to list all brothers/sisters etc on the EOI after all. This is easier said than done after a family bust up and no contace between siblings fo 25 years! NZ immigration say thia may be a problem.

3. My partner was a naughty boy 30 years ago and has a "no live trace" on his police certificate. He had to be CRB checked recently - will this do as proof/ supporting evidence?

I'm getting a bit worried that we could end up paying all this money out and then be refused PR for a couple trial things!

Any help desperately wanted

Becky
Old Nov 11th 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help - ITA Headache

Hi there

It is a nightmare isn't it! Getting your ITA feels GREAT but it's really just the start. Gathering the evidence to support your claims is such hard work and so expensive as we have found out.

I'm no expert, but I'm going through the same process right now so I'll help where I can and hopefully someone else with more experience can add in some more bits:

1. English language ability - is he the principal applicant or just applying as your partner? It might make a difference. Anyway, there is a passage in the NZIS website I found that says the following:

If you are the principal applicant, you must meet our standards of English. You can show us your ability with one the following:

1) A recent International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) certificate, with a band score of 6.5 or better in the General or Academic modules. This certificate must be less than two years old, and is the best evidence of your English language ability.
2)A recognised qualification from a course taught entirely in English.
3)You are in ongoing skilled employment in New Zealand, and have been for at least the last 12 months.
4)Other proof of competency in English. We will consider a number of factors.

So I guess you may be ok if you say he meets the requirements as per number 4) above. So me thinks you might be ok on the English front if your partner has a British passport and has only ever lived in the UK. I would say that 4) applies and give them plenty of evidence to back up the claims that he can speak english ok - like born in UK, parents are english, maybe name the school he was at even if you can't get the records, if he is currently working, say that english is needed for his job etc etc - but unfortunately, he may still need the test because they do have the right to ask for one if they are in any doubt!!!

2. Yes, you do need to list all family members however, I'm sure if you made it clear that you didn't have all family information because of not being in contact you would be ok if you just put down their names and date of births etc. I would just make it very clear for your reasons for doing it.

3. Re your police certificate - I think the worst thing you could do would be to withhold the information. I would declare fully what happened. It was a long, long time ago and you should be ok - but you should declare it so that you've told the truth in your application.

If in doubt, I would e-mail NZIS. They do take a few days to get back to you, but they do give you answers and I've found them really helpful.

Good luck - hope it all works out for you

Last edited by getmethere; Nov 11th 2008 at 6:59 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

On my ITA it states in the checklist;

"You are not required to provide any evidence of English Proficiency. Please ignore any reference to this requirement in this enclosed application form".

Check the "Tips for Lodging Skilled Migrant Applications" which should have come in the ITA pack and is on the Immigration NZ web as well. This again clearly states "if you were born in the UK and have lived your entire life in the UK you are not required to provide evidence of your English Language ability."

I agree honesty is the best policy with "no live trace" maybe email in case the issue is something NZ won't accept even if considered spent. Stops you worrying anyway. Good luck, I'm filling in my ITA as we speak just waiting for the medicals to come back (and my police check!)
Old Nov 11th 2008, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

I've just listed my half brothers etc with name and DOB, I have no contact and have never lived with any of them, dad was a serial husband!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

becky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to all

Hi

Managed to get 6 out of 7 siblings DOB which was a nightmare! As for police checks I'll email them and ask if this is likely to be a problem - they seem to be fond of the reply "they will asses at a later date" which in the mean time will cost me money!

Looks like an english test may be out though!

Regards

Becky
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to take a test for English, all you have to put is educated in UK and Born in UK that will do.

Hang in there with the police checks, mine came back within 10 days and 30 yrs is a long time.

Hang in there, the paperwork is a nightmare, but it will be worth it.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks teebrown

Although I am still sure that they will show in some way on the police check.

English speaking ability sorted. Siblings tracked down through some rather awkward phone calls - never wanting to do that again.

All that remains is the Police check..........

Becky