British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Help on Invitation to Apply (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/help-invitation-apply-386482/)

spatch Jul 23rd 2006 9:09 pm

Help on Invitation to Apply

Just reading through the wodge of paper work we received with our Invitation to Apply. Just a quick question our 19year does not want to come with us (her loss). We had to include her on the Expression of Interest and said she was not coming - does she need a police check and a medical? Also where is the best place to get the medical done? How much? And is there a long waiting list? Just trying to get my head around it all any help would be appreciated.PS we live in Brighton. :confused:

Thanks

planty Jul 24th 2006 6:14 am

Re: Help on Invitation to Apply

Originally Posted by spatch
Just reading through the wodge of paper work we received with our Invitation to Apply. Just a quick question our 19year does not want to come with us (her loss). We had to include her on the Expression of Interest and said she was not coming - does she need a police check and a medical? Also where is the best place to get the medical done? How much? And is there a long waiting list? Just trying to get my head around it all any help would be appreciated.PS we live in Brighton. :confused:

Thanks

Hi Spatch, no you wouldn't have to have a police check or medical done for your daughter, due to 6 and 3 month time limits on them, she would have to change her mind very soon.
Still include her on the form like before, just in case in a year or 2 or more she changes her mind.

Can't remember where it is but there is a list of approved medical centres to have your medicals done, if the web site isn't in the ITA you could check the immigration website, or maybe someone with a better memory than me knows the site. :)

nickcharliepark Jul 24th 2006 6:57 am

Originally Posted by planty
Hi Spatch, no you wouldn't have to have a police check or medical done for your daughter, due to 6 and 3 month time limits on them, she would have to change her mind very soon.
Still include her on the form like before, just in case in a year or 2 or more she changes her mind.

Can't remember where it is but there is a list of approved medical centres to have your medicals done, if the web site isn't in the ITA you could check the immigration website, or maybe someone with a better memory than me knows the site. :)

Hi

Mediclas - info of your nearest NZ registered practice and radiology departments can be found on immigration site. There are quite a few. Take their phone numbers and give them a quick ring and they will give you a rough price guide and the current waiting times.

We had ours a bit back, at York. Got appointment within two weeks. Depends how flexible you can be. You do need a second mortgage to pay for the though!

I don't think your daughter owuld need medical/police check. Police check takes longer than medicals so apply now for them. You can print forms on police web site pages.

Nick

caitlin206 Aug 17th 2006 5:34 pm

Hey,
hope you dont think me interfeering but if I were you i would apply for your daughter (even tho she doesn;t want to go) then she has a choice. Come the time you leave I bet she changes her mind. Or that you get a call after being in NZ for 4wks changing her mind........ kids that age ususally need mums nearby but dont realize until mum is not near..

Originally Posted by nickcharliepark
Hi

Mediclas - info of your nearest NZ registered practice and radiology departments can be found on immigration site. There are quite a few. Take their phone numbers and give them a quick ring and they will give you a rough price guide and the current waiting times.

We had ours a bit back, at York. Got appointment within two weeks. Depends how flexible you can be. You do need a second mortgage to pay for the though!

I don't think your daughter owuld need medical/police check. Police check takes longer than medicals so apply now for them. You can print forms on police web site pages.

Nick

StevieB Aug 17th 2006 5:46 pm

Thanks

Like the others said, recognised panel doctors are listed on the NZIS web side (right hand side). We had our x-rays done at York hospital, just a walk-in, no need to book appts. Cost £77 each. Medicals were £240 ish each, we booked them about 2 weeks prior, but could have done them sooner, just had to fit them in round work. Make sure you take your passports to both the x-ray and medicals. I was stupid enough to forget I needed it for my medical and sent it away for renewal 2 days before! Fortunately they were alright about it and accepted my photo driving licence, but it would save some explanation!

danny.f Aug 17th 2006 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by StevieB
Like the others said, recognised panel doctors are listed on the NZIS web side (right hand side). We had our x-rays done at York hospital, just a walk-in, no need to book appts. Cost £77 each. Medicals were £240 ish each, we booked them about 2 weeks prior, but could have done them sooner, just had to fit them in round work. Make sure you take your passports to both the x-ray and medicals. I was stupid enough to forget I needed it for my medical and sent it away for renewal 2 days before! Fortunately they were alright about it and accepted my photo driving licence, but it would save some explanation!

as the others have said go to www. immigration.govt.nz for a list of panel doctors - good luck,
Donna

Jac&Adie Aug 19th 2006 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by StevieB

For Your information, we had our medicals/ x-rays in Dover, short waiting list (2 weeks) x-rays only £36 each and medicals £200 each (think you were robbed Stevie !) PS Fatty wife - only joking she's not that big really - had to have extra 'Fasting Blood test' cos her waist line is over 44cms, which also means another visit to the doc's.

Liz & Co Aug 19th 2006 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
For Your information, we had our medicals/ x-rays in Dover, short waiting list (2 weeks) x-rays only £36 each and medicals £200 each (think you were robbed Stevie !) PS Fatty wife - only joking she's not that big really - had to have extra 'Fasting Blood test' cos her waist line is over 44cms, which also means another visit to the doc's.

With a waist of 44cm I think a visit to the hospital is more apt! Nothing wrong with 44" though!

Jac&Adie Aug 20th 2006 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Liz & Co
With a waist of 44cm I think a visit to the hospital is more apt! Nothing wrong with 44" though!

Doh, she told me the wrong number, offical size for a fat women is 88cms and 102cms for a bloke. sorry if I scared anyone ;)

the details of this areon the medical form that you need to complete with the doc, a downloadable copy is here:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../1007Aug16.pdf

stuff about waist size is on page 7.

Jac&Adie Aug 20th 2006 12:41 pm

Doh, she told me the wrong number, offical size for a fat women is 88cms and 102cms for a bloke. sorry if I scared anyone ;)

the details of this areon the medical form that you need to complete with the doc, a downloadable copy is here:

Sorry about the crap grammer in that post, but it is a Sunday

thebears Aug 20th 2006 1:00 pm

Thanks

Hi Spatch

Where in Brighton? We used to live in Middle Street and then later out in a place called "Hove Actually" - next to Hove but never did find the boundary.

Kiwi

helinuk Aug 20th 2006 10:37 pm

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../1007Aug16.pdf

stuff about waist size is on page 7.

I've looked at that in inches, its a 34" waist.
Oh good grief I'd better stop eating :eek: Not looking forward to this medical!