British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   help im confused (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/help-im-confused-510091/)

himmeus Jan 29th 2008 5:18 pm

help im confused

Have decided to complete eoi myself but am struggling to interpret certain questions on the form :confused: and cannot get online to complete.
Can anyone help me to clarify below questions as im feeling rather stupid now:ohmy:

Where can i find social security and tax number?
How do i answer the english language ability question if i am a native english u citizen?
How do i find out if a apprenticeship counts as a recognised qualification?
Can i claim points for a qualification if i dont intend to work in this feid asa a job?

Sorry to ask loads of questions but needed to swallow my pride to progress

happynz Jan 29th 2008 6:35 pm

Re: help im confused

Originally Posted by himmeus (Post 5854498)
Have decided to complete eoi myself but am struggling to interpret certain questions on the form :confused: and cannot get online to complete.
Can anyone help me to clarify below questions as im feeling rather stupid now:ohmy:

This would be the number that you use for tax purposes. In the USA it is known as a social security number. Here in New Zealand it is the Internal Revenue Department (IRD) number. I don't know what you call your tax number in the UK.

How do i answer the english language ability question if i am a native english citizen?

You write in the form what you have just written here. However, be sure to capitalise the letter E in English.

Don't apologise. Just be aware that when you arrive it's your shout. I'll have a Speight's, thanks.

littleal Jan 29th 2008 8:05 pm

Put you National Insurance number, and a tax office reference if you have one on your payslip.

English language - state that any qualifications were taken in the English language.

Good luck
Alison

Persephone Jan 29th 2008 8:07 pm

Hi there,

I sent my EOI in December, now selected and waiting for an ITA now. :D

For social security number I put down my National Insurance number. For tax number I put down the tax reference number from my PAYE tax coding notice. No one has been in contact to say that is wrong ...yet!

I found the English speaking abililty a bit odd to do as well, after all how to you prove you can do something you've done all your life and is as natural as eating and walking etc:unsure:
Ended up writing something about being born in the UK to English speaking parents and that all my education was in English, after all I had put in another section of the form about the fact I'd lived here all my life!

Unfortunately, can't help you with the other questions but hope someone else can.
Good luck :thumbsup:

Sue

Spacecake799 Jan 29th 2008 8:31 pm

How do i answer the english language ability question if i am a native english u citizen?
Can i claim points for a qualification if i dont intend to work in this feid asa a job?

Hi,

You will find the social security and tax number questions are not highlighted as questions you need to answer. Therefore dont answer them. I left them blank and am now resident.

Good luck

Maz Jan 30th 2008 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Sue R (Post 5855275)
I found the English speaking abililty a bit odd to do as well, after all how to you prove you can do something you've done all your life and is as natural as eating and walking etc:unsure:
Ended up writing something about being born in the UK to English speaking parents and that all my education was in English, after all I had put in another section of the form about the fact I'd lived here all my life!

That's exactly what I did. Our ITA is now progressing nicely. :)

BEVS Jan 30th 2008 9:43 am

Can i claim points for a qualification if i dont intend to work in this feild as a a job?

It's fine to ask questions. We have all been there at some point asking the same types of questions.

You are a panel beater. Correct me if this is wrong.

Panel beating is on the Immediate Shortage List. It is also an occupation that requires an NZQA assessment.

To find out if your apprenticeship and qualifications will be counted as recognised you will need to apply to NZQA (please click the blue type) for an assessment.

You will want to see an NZ register level 4.

Yes. You can claim the points for a trade you do not intend to work in but I will say that your case would be made all the stronger for having a job offer in this field.

himmeus Jan 30th 2008 12:35 pm

yes I am a Panel Beater but have no formal quallifications in this field as I gained my experience through a governement work experience training programme and have 14 years time served experience.I have a apprenticeship in Roof Tiling.This is why I wanted to know whether I could claim points for my qualification if i was not going to work as a Roofer.
If I get a job offer over the phone and wanted to go over and start work immeadiatly with my daughter ,what visa should I apply for?
Thanks

himmeus Jan 30th 2008 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 5854800)
This would be the number that you use for tax purposes. In the USA it is known as a social security number. Here in New Zealand it is the Internal Revenue Department (IRD) number. I don't know what you call your tax number in the UK.
You write in the form what you have just written here. However, be sure to capitalise the letter E in English.

Don't apologise. Just be aware that when you arrive it's your shout. I'll have a Speight's, thanks.

You're on.Thanks for your reply:thumbup: