British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Help with Future Moving Plans! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/help-future-moving-plans-894770/)

Dylan0712 Mar 31st 2017 5:59 pm

Help with Future Moving Plans!

Hey Guys,
So i just needed a bit of help with this one as there is quite a bit of information to be taken into account. Basically i am 18 years old at the moment and plan to move to New Zealand in the near future and i have been going through my options and plans for the past year and a half and just need some help with it.

I am planning to Complete my Scuba diving Instructor course in the next few years and have seen it is on the "List of Skilled Occupation" I also breed Reptiles as a hobby/Job. If i get enough points on top of skilled occupation would i have a high success chance of being granted a Resident Visa? If not what can i do to change that and what else do i need to be able to Live & Work on a permanent basis excluding housing, pets etc. Would i need to secure a job place in NZ before hand or would i be able to move and then start to look for a job?

I know this might sound like a lot of information i need for a young person but its been an ambition of mine from a very young age and i am just planning for the future, any help will be greatly appreciated!

MrsFychan Mar 31st 2017 7:02 pm

Re: Help with Future Moving Plans!

Hi Dylan and welcome to NZ.

firstly you are in a good position being so young, I am interested to find out why you have for so long wanted to come to NZ.

As you say at the moment the skill is on the List of skilled occupations, this would mean that you would need to obtain an offer of work from an accredited company. What may hamper you a bit is that you seem to also need 3 years working experience which could mean that the job may at that time be removed from the list., which I am afraid is a stumbling block for most people looking to comer over.
You do however have age on your side. You have the option of a working holiday visa (WHV), which allows you to come over and work your way around the islands. max 12months work on a 23 month visa.

As for reptiles, you will find that commonly allowed pets in the UK are not allowed over here, you have to have a license from the Dept of Conversation to own gecko's for example and you are not allowed to own snakes so the breeding of reptiles may well have to be knocked on the head, even zoo's are not allowed to have snakes.

Dylan0712 Mar 31st 2017 8:15 pm

Thank You for you Help!
The main reason i love NZ is just everything NZ has suits me down to the ground! I love the culture, art, lifestyle. Everything just seem right for me :lol: Also not to mention how beautiful NZ is. I have a special attraction to Wellington as well so that would be a dream place for me to live!
I do have another question though. Does that 3 years of work experience need to be completed in NZ or do i just need 3 years work experience in general because the holiday & Work visa only allows for up to 2 years in NZ to work? It will take a few more years for me to complete all of my Scuba Courses anyways in the UK.

Thanks!

MrsFychan Mar 31st 2017 9:52 pm

work experience anywhere. be mindful the working holiday visa only allows you, as I said in the previous post, 12mths work out of 23mths stay so not 2 years, but that doesn't mean you can't do 2+years all over the place and then come here for the 3rd year and do that on the WHV. within that time, on the WHV, you could look for a permanent position and get the application in, as long as it is still on the lists

Have you been here?? Culture, art, lifestyle?