HELP EOI -qualifications

Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

Michellecatton is an unknown quantity at this point
Question HELP EOI -qualifications

Hi all,

I am banging my head, as many others have done, trying to sort out the qualification side of my application.

Has anyone any idea if a City and Guilds NVQ Level 4 in Training and Development is recognised? Or the Cert Ed Certificate? I achieved my Cert Ed through Greenwich universtity which is listed as a recognised Uni.

I have sent the certificates etc off to NZQA - but wanted to have some idea what to expect.

Can I post my EIO while waiting for the NZQA report?

Many thanks if anyone can assist.

Shell
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of
Default Re: HELP EOI -qualifications

Hi,

join the club, I'm a fridge engineer, got qualls, but no appretiship. wanted to send eoi off, but on advice best to get qualifications first as I'll have to get it done anyway. mine got sent off last monday. So hang on my advice would be.

j.j.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

There is a link on the immigration site I think for looking to see if the university is on the recognised list, might be worth having a look. I got in touch with the management institute as I know some NVQ's have all changed so might be worth getting in touch with university to check to see if same applies to your qualification.
Hope this helps but if not I am sure someone will be able to advise more effectively. We are still going through the process, have a job interview so going to send EOI if successful as will have more than 140 points standing in better stead for ITA hopefully.
Anyway good luck.

Steve and Dee
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: HELP EOI -qualifications

Many thanks for your input. I will send off certs to be verififed by NZQA. Any ideas on how long they take to confirm qualifications? And how much? I have been on their web pages and it looks like its £250.00. Is that right?
Thanks - shell
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of

I think it cost me $490 ish or about £199.

j.j.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Red face Re: HELP EOI -qualifications

Many thanks! Will pop in the post and see what they come up with ! Good luck with yours! We will get there in the end!!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 5:08 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Michellecatton
Has anyone any idea if a City and Guilds NVQ Level 4 in Training and Development is recognised?
It may well be recognised by NZQA who can provide you with an NZQA level .

Ideally you should look to match the NZQA level with the NZIS occupation register level.

What do you do for a living? How many years work experience in the field.

Originally Posted by michellecatton
Or the Cert Ed Certificate? I achieved my Cert Ed through Greenwich universtity which is listed as a recognised Uni.
There seems to be a new and old cert ed. neither of which reads as degree level. However, it may well merit an NZQA level alongside the NVQ4.

I have sent the certificates etc off to NZQA - but wanted to have some idea what to expect.
No idea. Once we know your occupation , we can possible let you know what you should be hoping for from NZQA

Can I post my EIO while waiting for the NZQA report?

Shell
Er I wouldn't, but it is your call. IMHO it is better to know that you meet the standards for the skilled occupation before you shell out quid notes.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Hi Bev

Thanks for your reply. I have been training/Asssessing/Tutoring for the past 10 years and I love it!

I will send off my certificates and keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks again.

SHell
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michellecatton
Hi all,

I achieved my Cert Ed through Greenwich universtity which is listed as a recognised Uni.

Shell

I did mine there too!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:53 am
Just Joined

What did the NZQA award your Cert Ed from Greenwich?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't bother to get my quals assessed cos I had enough points to apply with job and experience (I'm currently in NZ on a 3 year work permit) so sorry, I can't answer your question. Good luck tho
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

So pleased it all worked out for you without the hassel of the NZQA.
Where did you look for the job? Can you advise any internet pages or companies? Thanks, hope ok to ask!