British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Help with EOI and points please - moved from existing thread on another subject (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/help-eoi-points-please-moved-existing-thread-another-subject-745218/)

alimehdi Jan 16th 2012 8:23 am

Help with EOI and points please - moved from existing thread on another subject

Originally Posted by lisamct (Post 9832325)
I got PR last year after coming over on a work visa in 2010. Had 170 points and was in full time employment.

EOI went in in May 2011, ITA was lodged on 29th June 2011, residency approved Oct 7th 2011.

Hope that helps with your timelines.

Hi Lisamct,

Could you please advise EOI online submission is first or NZQA full assesment???
I has confussion about point system, I dont know how much I will get score.
I have completed B.Sc plus 4 year Electronice Diploma, also 17 years experince in Telecommunication.
Please advise shall I submit EOI online before assesment and what's the time frame between EOI and ITA offer...
Regards
Syed

BEVS Jan 16th 2012 9:10 pm

Re: Help with EOI and points please - moved from existing thread on another subject

Good morning Syed.

Everyone's time frame is different. It is a case by case basis.

Whether or not your application requires a full NZQA assessment will depend on where you gained your qualifications.

If your degree is not in the list of qualifications exempt from assessment then it would probably be best to get the NZQA to assess first to ensure the degree meets the standard.

Note: Your qualification needs to match the occupation and work experience.

alimehdi Jan 17th 2012 6:15 am

Re: Help with EOI and points please - moved from existing thread on another subject

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9846441)
Good morning Syed.

Everyone's time frame is different. It is a case by case basis.

Whether or not your application requires a full NZQA assessment will depend on where you gained your qualifications.

If your degree is not in the list of qualifications exempt from assessment then it would probably be best to get the NZQA to assess first to ensure the degree meets the standard.

Note: Your qualification needs to match the occupation and work experience.

Dear Bevs,

Thanks for prompt reply, any idea how long does takes NZQA for full assessment??
do they also mentioned my points then after I can submit EOI online??
NZQA is the one who asses my Qualification, Experience and other related issues or any other authority look for it..
what documents NZQA required for full assessment..??
I have every thing ready with me hard copy and soft for my qualification, work experience certificate, salary certificate, police etc etc...
whats the best way online NZQA or by post..
please reply in detail if possible...
I will be grateful in advance...
Regards
Syed

BEVS Jan 17th 2012 9:27 am

Originally Posted by alimehdi (Post 9847203)
Dear Bevs,

Thanks for prompt reply, any idea how long does takes NZQA for full assessment?? [/quote}
No.

do they also mentioned my points then after I can submit EOI online??
No. NZQA is totally different to NZIS

NZQA is the one who asses my Qualification, Experience and other related issues or any other authority look for it..
what documents NZQA required for full assessment..??
No idea. It will depend on what the qualification is. The more the better

I have every thing ready with me hard copy and soft for my qualification, work experience certificate, salary certificate, police etc etc..

Good idea

whats the best way online NZQA or by post..
No idea. NZQA at a guess

Syed[/quote]

Sometimes you know , it helps if you try to help yourselves.