British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Help with EOI please! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/help-eoi-please-861342/)

malc567 Jul 6th 2015 11:05 pm

Help with EOI please!

My wife and I have each got 135 points but no job offers. My wife is on the skilled occupations list, but not on either the long or intermediate shortage list. We are receiving conflicting advice from our Emigration agent and our family in NZ. We have an agent who says it's not worth putting an EOI at 135 points because my wife isn't on the shortage lists and wouldn't get bonus points. Our family, who've been in NZ for 4 years now, have said to put in our EOI anyway, because sometimes NZ Immigration don't have enough applications and take some at a lower points level. What is your advice?

Jerseygirl Jul 6th 2015 11:20 pm

Re: Help with EOI please!

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 11693278)
My wife and I have each got 135 points but no job offers. My wife is on the skilled occupations list, but not on either the long or intermediate shortage list. We are receiving conflicting advice from our Emigration agent and our family in NZ. We have an agent who says it's not worth putting an EOI at 135 points because my wife isn't on the shortage lists and wouldn't get bonus points. Our family, who've been in NZ for 4 years now, have said to put in our EOI anyway, because sometimes NZ Immigration don't have enough applications and take some at a lower points level. What is your advice?

Welcome to BE :)

Please could you contact admin to change your username? It really isn't a good idea to use or post your email address on a public forum.

You can contact admin by clicking on the blue 'Contact Us' tab...located at the bottom right hand side of this page. Thank you.

MrsFychan Jul 6th 2015 11:32 pm

only those with a job offer and under 140 points have been pulled in the last year.
"All those claiming 15 bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage that had a points total of 135 or more but less than", was last pulled in April 2014

you can see the pull selection here: http://formshelp.immigration.govt.nz...tionPoints.htm

unfortunately your family are not speaking from the stats

BEVS Jul 6th 2015 11:42 pm

I do not know if the links will work but here goes.

2015 EOI selection from pool

2014 EOI selection from pool

The last time an EOI was drawn from the pool without a job offer attached was April 2014. Your advisor is being wise in this instance. You are unlikely to be drawn from the pool.

You do need an acceptable job offer to improve the quality of the application. Perhaps a way to go, depending on the occupation, is to consider finding an NZIS accredited employer.

As JG has stated, please contact me for a username change.

malc567 Jul 7th 2015 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 11693288)
Welcome to BE :)

Please could you contact admin to change your username? It really isn't a good idea to use or post your email address on a public forum.

You can contact admin by clicking on the blue 'Contact Us' tab...located at the bottom right hand side of this page. Thank you.

Thanks done

malc567 Jul 7th 2015 11:25 am

[QUOTE=MrsFychan;11693293]only those with a job offer and under 140 points have been pulled in the last year.
"All those claiming 15 bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage that had a points total of 135 or more but less than", was last pulled in April 2014

you can see the pull selection here: History of selection points - New Zealand Immigration Service

unfortunately your family are not speaking from the stats[/QUOTE

Thanks all very much

Jerseygirl Jul 7th 2015 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by malc567 (Post 11693480)
Thanks done

:)