Help with eoi please

Old Nov 12th 2009, 5:09 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: north devon
Posts: 47
jakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nice
Smile Help with eoi please

Hi all, long time no speak, we are in the process of filling in an eoi as i have passed my ILETS at last!!!! YIPPEEEEE and need a tiny bit of help please. My partner is a painter and decorator and has an nvq level 2. My Question is would anyone know which box he ticks in Section K: Partner's English Language Ability.
They havent made it very easy reading, we think its Study for a recognised qualification conducted entirely in English? Then again it could be Study for qualifications that meet the minimum standard, as defined in the Guide.?? Or it could be Otherwise meet the minimum standard, as defined in the Guide????
We have looked on the skilled shortage list and Painting Trade Worker is in Part B which is great im just not sure which of the three to choose.
Any ideas anyone
Thanks all
Jackie
jakie is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2009, 6:10 pm
  #2  
TeamEmbo
 
TeamEmbo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Rangiora
Posts: 1,557
TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with eoi please

Sorry if this sounds dumb but why did you have to take an English test? Are you not English?

We just wrote on EOI/ITA that we were born in England as were our parents, have lived in England all our lives so far and were educated in England and that English is our native language.
TeamEmbo is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2009, 6:30 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: north devon
Posts: 47
jakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nice
Smile Re: Help with eoi please

I had to do an english test as i am a nurse and you have to complete the test before you can register in nz, i am also english as is my parnter and both our parents and so on, its just one of the many hoops we are finding that you have to jump through.
Jackie

Last edited by jakie; Nov 12th 2009 at 6:32 pm.
jakie is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2009, 9:14 pm
  #4  
Busy Again
 
bdclayton's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Tauranga
Posts: 248
bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help with eoi please

Originally Posted by jakie View Post
I had to do an english test as i am a nurse and you have to complete the test before you can register in nz, i am also english as is my parnter and both our parents and so on, its just one of the many hoops we are finding that you have to jump through.
Jackie
Hi there
I am unsure which box you tick but if you send a email to the embassy in UK
they may advise you.
That English test is well out of order for native English speakers.
We just missed the test.My wife is a nurse we have only been here 8 weeks
Have you done the test yet ?
bdclayton is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2009, 10:54 pm
  #5  
BE Site Lead & Admin
 
BEVS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Below
Posts: 33,102
BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with eoi please

I feel it would be

Otherwise meet the minimum standard, as defined in the Guide
It would be proven by the country of residence - UK .
By the birth certificate - English etc.

We have looked on the skilled shortage list and Painting Trade Worker is in Part B which is great
Painter doesn't appear to be on either of the skill shortage lists. Neither the Immediate or Long Term.

Painter is on the list of skilled occupations though under Part B as you say. The NZ register skill level appears to be set at 4.
BEVS is offline  
Old Nov 13th 2009, 8:24 am
  #6  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 28
matlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nice
Default Re: Help with eoi please

I believe NZ level 4 is equivalent to NVQ level 3.......... Please correct me if I am wrong.

Might need to get your partners qualification assessed by the NZQA to have it 'rated' to their levels.
matlynds is offline  
Old Nov 13th 2009, 8:51 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 280
thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help with eoi please

We're both english born and bred and we ticked the "otherwise meet the minimum standard etc etc etc" option.
thedtb is offline  
Old Nov 13th 2009, 9:09 am
  #8  
We're HERE!!!
 
Kija's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: New Zealand!
Posts: 873
Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with eoi please

I agree, it is a bit strange to ask a native English person to sit for the IELTS

We've been asked to sit for them even though I did London based GCE's and all our graduate studies were in English but it was basically expected, we're not native English speakers.

Sorry I can't help with your questions about the EOI but wanted to wish you the best of luck with it and all the hoops INZ throws in the paths of migrants
Kija is offline  
Old Nov 13th 2009, 10:38 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Army Bay Whangaporaoa
Posts: 285
ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help with eoi please

Originally Posted by jakie View Post
Hi all, long time no speak, we are in the process of filling in an eoi as i have passed my ILETS at last!!!! YIPPEEEEE and need a tiny bit of help please. My partner is a painter and decorator and has an nvq level 2. My Question is would anyone know which box he ticks in Section K: Partner's English Language Ability.
They havent made it very easy reading, we think its Study for a recognised qualification conducted entirely in English? Then again it could be Study for qualifications that meet the minimum standard, as defined in the Guide.?? Or it could be Otherwise meet the minimum standard, as defined in the Guide????
We have looked on the skilled shortage list and Painting Trade Worker is in Part B which is great im just not sure which of the three to choose.
Any ideas anyone
Thanks all
Jackie
Hi Jackie - congratulations on passing the IELTS its not as easy as some people think I failed mine the first time by 1/2 a point. Have you got a job? I'm headed for Palmerston north when if we get our visas OH refered to MA just waiting outcome
ragdolls2 is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2009, 7:56 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: north devon
Posts: 47
jakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nice
Smile Re: Help with eoi please

Hi all thank you very much for all your replys i am very grateful for the response.
BEV, thanks for the response i have made a mistake by putting skilled shortage list, as you picked up i ment skilled occupation list, the nvq that my partner has is a level 2 and not level 3 so im not sure whether it will be of any use to us.

RAGDOLLS2, i havent got a job as yet but im in the market, im looking for advice on nursing jobs, i also did the ilets test and was half a mark short the first time round and so were 90% of the people that i sat it with the second time round, one chap was doing it for his 4th time and he is a nurse manager and has been for 25 years and was half a mark short every time (we think its a money spinner)

KIJA, Thanks for the best wishes, we are on the first rung of the very high ladder that im hoping we can climb, the ilets thing has knocked us back a few months but we are hoping to be there about this time next year which is a tad later than we wanted. As long as we get there that all that matters.

BDCLAYTON, u are the lucky 1 missing the ilets, its cost us 3-4 months and £210.00 which was not good, how did your other half get on with the job situation????? was it an easy process???? did you use agencies or go direct to the district health board???

Thanks again all im sure this is going to be one of MANY posts, haha
Jackie
jakie is offline  
Old Nov 15th 2009, 9:03 pm
  #11  
Busy Again
 
bdclayton's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Tauranga
Posts: 248
bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help with eoi please

Originally Posted by jakie View Post
Hi all thank you very much for all your replys i am very grateful for the response.
BEV, thanks for the response i have made a mistake by putting skilled shortage list, as you picked up i ment skilled occupation list, the nvq that my partner has is a level 2 and not level 3 so im not sure whether it will be of any use to us.

RAGDOLLS2, i havent got a job as yet but im in the market, im looking for advice on nursing jobs, i also did the ilets test and was half a mark short the first time round and so were 90% of the people that i sat it with the second time round, one chap was doing it for his 4th time and he is a nurse manager and has been for 25 years and was half a mark short every time (we think its a money spinner)

KIJA, Thanks for the best wishes, we are on the first rung of the very high ladder that im hoping we can climb, the ilets thing has knocked us back a few months but we are hoping to be there about this time next year which is a tad later than we wanted. As long as we get there that all that matters.

BDCLAYTON, u are the lucky 1 missing the ilets, its cost us 3-4 months and £210.00 which was not good, how did your other half get on with the job situation????? was it an easy process???? did you use agencies or go direct to the district health board???

Thanks again all im sure this is going to be one of MANY posts, haha
Jackie
Hi Jackie
We did all the work ourselves it was very time consuming but we did it in the end .My OH is a Mental Health Nurse we didn't use any agencies. The
Hospital paid our flights and gave us two weeks accommodation.
That is the good side.
My OH is struggling with the job its very different from the UK
she says it like working in the 70s
and i am sstrugglingto find any work at all
but the Hospital have been very good to her
if we can give you any help just send me PM and we will be glad to share our experience with you
good luck
bdclayton is offline  
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:28 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Army Bay Whangaporaoa
Posts: 285
ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help with eoi please

Originally Posted by jakie View Post
Hi all thank you very much for all your replys i am very grateful for the response.
BEV, thanks for the response i have made a mistake by putting skilled shortage list, as you picked up i ment skilled occupation list, the nvq that my partner has is a level 2 and not level 3 so im not sure whether it will be of any use to us.

RAGDOLLS2, i havent got a job as yet but im in the market, im looking for advice on nursing jobs, i also did the ilets test and was half a mark short the first time round and so were 90% of the people that i sat it with the second time round, one chap was doing it for his 4th time and he is a nurse manager and has been for 25 years and was half a mark short every time (we think its a money spinner)

KIJA, Thanks for the best wishes, we are on the first rung of the very high ladder that im hoping we can climb, the ilets thing has knocked us back a few months but we are hoping to be there about this time next year which is a tad later than we wanted. As long as we get there that all that matters.

BDCLAYTON, u are the lucky 1 missing the ilets, its cost us 3-4 months and £210.00 which was not good, how did your other half get on with the job situation????? was it an easy process???? did you use agencies or go direct to the district health board???

Thanks again all im sure this is going to be one of MANY posts, haha
Jackie
Hi Jackie - I got my job offer through Geneva Health and i know of a couple of nurses who have also gone with them. They arranged a face to face interview with the hospital ( I went to manchester and spoke to the DNS and D HR) I got a job offer one week later- feb) IELTs has held the process up for us and added to the cost but now we are waiting for the MA in NZ to cofirm if OH needs further investigations before we get our PR visa. They agency have been liasing with the hospital and have put my start date back to Jan 18th 2010 - so fingers crossed. What speciality do you work in?
ragdolls2 is offline  
Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:50 pm
  #13  
BE Site Lead & Admin
 
BEVS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Below
Posts: 33,102
BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with eoi please

Originally Posted by matlynds View Post
I believe NZ level 4 is equivalent to NVQ level 3.......... Please correct me if I am wrong.

Might need to get your partners qualification assessed by the NZQA to have it 'rated' to their levels.
good post.
I agree with the above.
BEVS is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2009, 6:48 am
  #14  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Beachlands, Auckland
Posts: 211
Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future
Default Re: Help with eoi please

Originally Posted by jakie View Post
Hi all thank you very much for all your replys i am very grateful for the response.
BEV, thanks for the response i have made a mistake by putting skilled shortage list, as you picked up i ment skilled occupation list, the nvq that my partner has is a level 2 and not level 3 so im not sure whether it will be of any use to us.

RAGDOLLS2, i havent got a job as yet but im in the market, im looking for advice on nursing jobs, i also did the ilets test and was half a mark short the first time round and so were 90% of the people that i sat it with the second time round, one chap was doing it for his 4th time and he is a nurse manager and has been for 25 years and was half a mark short every time (we think its a money spinner)

KIJA, Thanks for the best wishes, we are on the first rung of the very high ladder that im hoping we can climb, the ilets thing has knocked us back a few months but we are hoping to be there about this time next year which is a tad later than we wanted. As long as we get there that all that matters.

BDCLAYTON, u are the lucky 1 missing the ilets, its cost us 3-4 months and £210.00 which was not good, how did your other half get on with the job situation????? was it an easy process???? did you use agencies or go direct to the district health board???

Thanks again all im sure this is going to be one of MANY posts, haha
Jackie

Hi Jackie,

Good luck with your journey

I sat the IELTS, although it was to gain points when we were planning to go to Australia (bizarrely, I have 2 english parents, born and schooled in English, have O' level, A'Level and 2 degrees in English - and also a secondary school English teacher!!!!) It wasn't as easy as people think, I agree.

I also think you need to get your qualifications assessed by NZQA.

Hope all goes well
Cadibel is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2009, 5:11 pm
  #15  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: north devon
Posts: 47
jakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nice
Default Re: Help with eoi please

Originally Posted by ragdolls2 View Post
Hi Jackie - I got my job offer through Geneva Health and i know of a couple of nurses who have also gone with them. They arranged a face to face interview with the hospital ( I went to manchester and spoke to the DNS and D HR) I got a job offer one week later- feb) IELTs has held the process up for us and added to the cost but now we are waiting for the MA in NZ to cofirm if OH needs further investigations before we get our PR visa. They agency have been liasing with the hospital and have put my start date back to Jan 18th 2010 - so fingers crossed. What speciality do you work in?
Hiya Ragdolls, for the past 16 months I have worked in womens health, currently I am doing pre-operative assessment and gynae clinics. I moved down from Birmingham to North Devon 3 years ago and to be honest it is like going back in time as I trained in large teaching hospitals. I would be glad of any tips or advice you can give me.

many thanks

Jaks
jakie is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.