help with custody issues...please

Old Aug 6th 2010, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

stacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to all
Default help with custody issues...please

Hi everybody

I moved to NZ with my now ex nearly 4 years ago, we broke up as we had both met someone else, my ex was abusive and a complete ass wipe.....anyway I met someone else ( a kiwi and we are now married) and was granted a work permit based on partnership. The issue I have is that my ex went back to the UK over a year ago, he told me to my face that he wanted our children (ages 4 and 5 at the time) to stay with me in NZ. I am about to apply for residency and it states that I need proof that the childrens bio father will allow the children to be granted residency.
He has had no contact with the kids since he left and I have recieved no financial help from him. My first question is.......
I think he will be ok about getting a stat declartion done but how do I go about doing this as no doubt he wont write it himself could i write it for him with the correct wording?
Who can sign the stat dec?
As I am in NZ and have been here for nearly 4 years can NZ Immigration tell me to go back to the UK and go through the court system? (This would be hard as my husband is self employed, kids are in school, I work, mortgage etc)
Will NZ accept a letter from me witnessed by a JP to state my circumstances and that the father has had no contact blah blah...

Ugh Im sorry for so many questions but I have tried to work my way through the search and all I can find is people wanting to move to NZ not people like me already here

Thankyou
Stacey
Old Aug 12th 2010, 12:57 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help with custody issues...please

Were you legally married to this "ex"?

On what visa status did you arrive in NZ in the first place?
Old Aug 12th 2010, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

stacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to all
Default Re: help with custody issues...please

no werent married.
Arrived on his work permit, i was granted a work permit based on him being the sponser and the kids had visitor visas.

Now married to a kiwi and I have been granted a work permit based on my marriage and the kids have just been granted student visas....just worried about residency now.

Thanks for replying

stacey