British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Help to choose option for silver fern visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/help-choose-option-silver-fern-visa-795369/)

Ravionweb Apr 28th 2013 1:51 am

Help to choose option for silver fern visa

HI,

Iam bit confused to choose an option. I have completed diploma course (level 6) in NZ, even i have degree but don't want to go for NZQA.

which option i need to choose for silver fern visa (Qualifications section)?

How do you meet the qualification requirements for the Silver Fern Job Search visa?
Option 1 or 2
option 1 i have to go for NZQA, which i don't want.
option 2 its level4 with 2 years of relevant EXP, but i have level6 in diploma.

thanks,
Ravi

escapedtonz Apr 28th 2013 5:30 am

Re: Help to choose option for silver fern visa

Originally Posted by Ravionweb (Post 10681495)
HI,

Iam bit confused to choose an option. I have completed diploma course (level 6) in NZ, even i have degree but don't want to go for NZQA.

which option i need to choose for silver fern visa (Qualifications section)?

How do you meet the qualification requirements for the Silver Fern Job Search visa?
Option 1 or 2
option 1 i have to go for NZQA, which i don't want.
option 2 its level4 with 2 years of relevant EXP, but i have level6 in diploma.

thanks,
Ravi

Hi,
If you have a qualification from a reputable education provider in NZ then there is no need for NZQA as your education provider and the qualification should be recognised - so that rules out option 1.

Then there's nothing else but to choose option 2 irrespective that it doesn't fit your situation perfectly

????

Ravionweb Apr 28th 2013 9:54 am

Originally Posted by escapedtonz (Post 10681622)
Hi,
If you have a qualification from a reputable education provider in NZ then there is no need for NZQA as your education provider and the qualification should be recognised - so that rules out option 1.

Then there's nothing else but to choose option 2 irrespective that it doesn't fit your situation perfectly

????

HI,

yes its NZQA recognized course level 6,
but for silver fern require level 7.

thanks,
Ravi

escapedtonz Apr 28th 2013 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Ravionweb (Post 10681833)
HI,

yes its NZQA recognized course level 6,
but for silver fern require level 7.

thanks,
Ravi

If you require a level 7 qualification then it appears you do not meet the Silver Fern minimum qualification requirements and as such do not hold the eligibility to apply :thumbdown: