Help with a capital H!!!!!!!

Old Jun 10th 2010, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

timoshenko is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help with a capital H!!!!!!!

Hi, I have received my ITA pack today, my qualifications require nzqa assessment, this I gather takes quite some time, without the qualification points I still have 115 which includes my work experience and the offer ( accepted) of full time permanent employment, the question is can I still continue with this application?
My qualifications are from the Chartered Institute of Building, supported by both the Construction Industry Training Board and the Construction Confederation, organizations that are listed as recognized by NZI
I am half way through my notice period and would be in dire straights if NZQA delays proceedings, please, any advice would be appreciated.

I have in excess of 10 years higher management experience within the construction industry

Last edited by timoshenko; Jun 10th 2010 at 4:51 pm. Reason: added info
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:38 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with a capital H!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by timoshenko
Hi, I have received my ITA pack today, my qualifications require nzqa assessment, this I gather takes quite some time, without the qualification points I still have 115 which includes my work experience and the offer ( accepted) of full time permanent employment, the question is can I still continue with this application?
My qualifications are from the Chartered Institute of Building, supported by both the Construction Industry Training Board and the Construction Confederation, organizations that are listed as recognized by NZI
I am half way through my notice period and would be in dire straights if NZQA delays proceedings, please, any advice would be appreciated.

I have in excess of 10 years higher management experience within the construction industry
You can pay a little extra for priority handling of your assessment...I did.

Click here for the info
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sirplug
You can pay a little extra for priority handling of your assessment...I did.

Click here for the info
If the EOI points still qualify without the NZQA, as other threads quote mistaken points claimed, the points level on the selection day allowed lower points with job offer, is continuing without NZQA an option, thanks for your help.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 11:03 am

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

If the EOI points still qualify without the NZQA, as other threads quote mistaken points claimed, the points level on the selection day allowed lower points with job offer, is continuing without NZQA an option, thanks for your help.
If NZIS have requested you get your quals assessed, then you have to do what they require. If you send your ITA back without these, then they will probably not process your application further. If you send your quals off and don't get them back in time, you may be able to submit your ITA without the assessment on the understanding that you forward your NZQA details to them, when you receive them.

If I were you, I would email my case officer, explaining what you have put here. They are there to help and won't think any less of you for your questions. I shuld know, I bombarded mine with loads of questions and I'm now here!
Old Jun 11th 2010, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sirplug
If NZIS have requested you get your quals assessed, then you have to do what they require. If you send your ITA back without these, then they will probably not process your application further. If you send your quals off and don't get them back in time, you may be able to submit your ITA without the assessment on the understanding that you forward your NZQA details to them, when you receive them.

If I were you, I would email my case officer, explaining what you have put here. They are there to help and won't think any less of you for your questions. I shuld know, I bombarded mine with loads of questions and I'm now here!
Hi sirplug, I have telephoned NZ, got one set of guidance early hours of the AM, spoken to my NZ employers ditto and this morning spoken to my case officer in London, I've bombarded him with info! and left it to him to come back to me with guidance, there are a number of options open, it's choosing the right one, I'm subject to a bit of bureaucracy, nothing new there, many thanks for your input, i'll update as it develops!

Last edited by timoshenko; Jun 11th 2010 at 11:19 am. Reason: typo
Old Jun 13th 2010, 1:29 am

Hi sirplug, I have telephoned NZ, got one set of guidance early hours of the AM, spoken to my NZ employers ditto and this morning spoken to my case officer in London, I've bombarded him with info! and left it to him to come back to me with guidance, there are a number of options open, it's choosing the right one, I'm subject to a bit of bureaucracy, nothing new there, many thanks for your input, i'll update as it develops!
Congrats, I'll await your update. Good luck!