Help with a capital H!!!!!!!

Old Jun 10th 2010, 4:49 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
timoshenko's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 9
timoshenko is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help with a capital H!!!!!!!

Hi, I have received my ITA pack today, my qualifications require nzqa assessment, this I gather takes quite some time, without the qualification points I still have 115 which includes my work experience and the offer ( accepted) of full time permanent employment, the question is can I still continue with this application?
My qualifications are from the Chartered Institute of Building, supported by both the Construction Industry Training Board and the Construction Confederation, organizations that are listed as recognized by NZI
I am half way through my notice period and would be in dire straights if NZQA delays proceedings, please, any advice would be appreciated.

I have in excess of 10 years higher management experience within the construction industry

Last edited by timoshenko; Jun 10th 2010 at 4:51 pm. Reason: added info
timoshenko is offline  
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:38 pm
  #2  
If u see Sid, tell 'im...
 
sirplug's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
Posts: 973
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with a capital H!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by timoshenko View Post
Hi, I have received my ITA pack today, my qualifications require nzqa assessment, this I gather takes quite some time, without the qualification points I still have 115 which includes my work experience and the offer ( accepted) of full time permanent employment, the question is can I still continue with this application?
My qualifications are from the Chartered Institute of Building, supported by both the Construction Industry Training Board and the Construction Confederation, organizations that are listed as recognized by NZI
I am half way through my notice period and would be in dire straights if NZQA delays proceedings, please, any advice would be appreciated.

I have in excess of 10 years higher management experience within the construction industry
You can pay a little extra for priority handling of your assessment...I did.

Click here for the info
sirplug is offline  
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:44 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
timoshenko's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 9
timoshenko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help with a capital H!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by sirplug View Post
You can pay a little extra for priority handling of your assessment...I did.

Click here for the info
If the EOI points still qualify without the NZQA, as other threads quote mistaken points claimed, the points level on the selection day allowed lower points with job offer, is continuing without NZQA an option, thanks for your help.
timoshenko is offline  
Old Jun 11th 2010, 11:03 am
  #4  
If u see Sid, tell 'im...
 
sirplug's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
Posts: 973
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with a capital H!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by timoshenko View Post
If the EOI points still qualify without the NZQA, as other threads quote mistaken points claimed, the points level on the selection day allowed lower points with job offer, is continuing without NZQA an option, thanks for your help.
If NZIS have requested you get your quals assessed, then you have to do what they require. If you send your ITA back without these, then they will probably not process your application further. If you send your quals off and don't get them back in time, you may be able to submit your ITA without the assessment on the understanding that you forward your NZQA details to them, when you receive them.

If I were you, I would email my case officer, explaining what you have put here. They are there to help and won't think any less of you for your questions. I shuld know, I bombarded mine with loads of questions and I'm now here!
sirplug is offline  
Old Jun 11th 2010, 11:14 am
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
timoshenko's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 9
timoshenko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help with a capital H!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by sirplug View Post
If NZIS have requested you get your quals assessed, then you have to do what they require. If you send your ITA back without these, then they will probably not process your application further. If you send your quals off and don't get them back in time, you may be able to submit your ITA without the assessment on the understanding that you forward your NZQA details to them, when you receive them.

If I were you, I would email my case officer, explaining what you have put here. They are there to help and won't think any less of you for your questions. I shuld know, I bombarded mine with loads of questions and I'm now here!
Hi sirplug, I have telephoned NZ, got one set of guidance early hours of the AM, spoken to my NZ employers ditto and this morning spoken to my case officer in London, I've bombarded him with info! and left it to him to come back to me with guidance, there are a number of options open, it's choosing the right one, I'm subject to a bit of bureaucracy, nothing new there, many thanks for your input, i'll update as it develops!

Last edited by timoshenko; Jun 11th 2010 at 11:19 am. Reason: typo
timoshenko is offline  
Old Jun 13th 2010, 1:29 am
  #6  
If u see Sid, tell 'im...
 
sirplug's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
Posts: 973
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with a capital H!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by timoshenko View Post
Hi sirplug, I have telephoned NZ, got one set of guidance early hours of the AM, spoken to my NZ employers ditto and this morning spoken to my case officer in London, I've bombarded him with info! and left it to him to come back to me with guidance, there are a number of options open, it's choosing the right one, I'm subject to a bit of bureaucracy, nothing new there, many thanks for your input, i'll update as it develops!
Congrats, I'll await your update. Good luck!
sirplug is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.