British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Help to calculate my points (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/help-calculate-my-points-810094/)

Venusg Sep 23rd 2013 1:59 pm

Help to calculate my points

Hi Friends,
Kindly help me to count the points for below items.
Master ( which is already exempted) -60 points
my age = 20 points
Experience in Singapore ( 13 years) - 30 points
my wife level 7 degree -20 points
=====================
Total -------------- 130
=====================

Do I get points for the below items :
-------------------------------------------
work experience is in an identified future growth
work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage:
My experience in comparable labour market which is Singapore
Me and my wife planning to write -IELTs...any points ?

Please help me if I apply with 130 points will my EOI will get selected ?

Persephone Sep 26th 2013 5:02 pm

Re: Help to calculate my points

Hello and welcome!

I'll try and answer your questions:

work experience is in an identified future growth
?
You can only claim these points if you have a job or job offer in NZ so the answer is no

work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage:
?
You can claim these points without having a job offer. However your qualification must fit EXACTLY into column 4 of the LTSSL. A higher qualification may not be acceptable. If you have a lower qual that 'fits' then you can claim these points, you can still use your masters to get the 60 points but declare your lower degree on the EOI. You may or may not need to get it assessed.

My experience in comparable labour market which is Singapore
?
No extra points. It just means you can get the points for your work experience. If it was not in a comparable labour market then you could not get these points-there are exceptions to this though.

Me and my wife planning to write -IELTs...any points ?
?
No points for IELTS. English ability is classed as a necessity. If you wish to use your wife's degree for points then this must either be on the list of recognised qualifications or assessed by NZQA. She must also fulfil the same English requirements as the principal candidate. If your studies were conducted in English then you may not have to take IELTS.

Please help me if I apply with 130 points will my EOI will get selected ?
A points score of 130 that does not include a job offer would not have been selected so far this year.
However if you can claim points for work experience in an area of AASS this would push you to over 140pts which would be an automatic selection:)
Also, if you can claim these points then you can also claim for a qualification in an AASS!

Hope this helps:)

Arya9990 Sep 27th 2013 4:47 am

Hi Persephone,

Looking for this info since few months . Where I can find the cut-off point for each pick up.

I have seen PDF which will be showing only no Of selected numbers <140.

What is base to determine the cut-off never reached 130 or 135 in this year.
This info really helps everyone.

Persephone Sep 27th 2013 4:04 pm

Hello and welcome

The list of what has been selected at every draw from 2008 until now is on the INZ website: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/
Home > Find a Visa > Work and live permanently > Skilled Migrant Category > History of Selection Points

The history of selection points is directly underneath 'More Information' at the top of the column on the right of the screen.
It's useful to see what is tending to be selected at the moment. Little point going back further than this year's draws if you're planning on submitting an EOI:)