Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Help - Application Question (Partnership & Medical)

Help - Application Question (Partnership & Medical)

Old Oct 15th 2005, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

PRinAuckland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help - Application Question (Partnership & Medical)

Hi Guys,

Hope you're able to help swiftly on this as we have to put our application in this week.

I have a WHV, and my partner is currently applying for PR. We left me off the EOI as we have not yet been living together for 12 months (which I've found is a definite prerequisite), however we've now learnt we should have actually still isted me, as once we have been living together 12 months we can apply while in NZ to have me put on my partner's visa. But we have to declare my details now on my partner's PR application to allow this to happen. My question is.... do I need to have my medicals / police checks, and include my qualifications / proof of employment at this stage - I will be going out on a WHV but just listing me as a partner at this stage. There's nothing on the NZIS site about it.

Second question - my partner has a knee injury that may cause some problems in the future, requiring surgery and possibly some rehabilitation. Are they likely to knock us back because of this? There's been no medical treatment for it in like the past 10 years, but it may cause a problem in future and we know that's what the med report will say.

I hope someone is able to help us ASAP - any medical experts or people with knowledge of partnership terms and conditions most appreciated!

Thanking you all in advance,

D
Old Oct 15th 2005, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help - Application Question (Partnership & Medical)

Originally Posted by PRinAuckland
Hi Guys,

Hope you're able to help swiftly on this as we have to put our application in this week.

I have a WHV, and my partner is currently applying for PR. We left me off the EOI as we have not yet been living together for 12 months (which I've found is a definite prerequisite), however we've now learnt we should have actually still isted me, as once we have been living together 12 months we can apply while in NZ to have me put on my partner's visa. But we have to declare my details now on my partner's PR application to allow this to happen. My question is.... do I need to have my medicals / police checks, and include my qualifications / proof of employment at this stage - I will be going out on a WHV but just listing me as a partner at this stage. There's nothing on the NZIS site about it.

Second question - my partner has a knee injury that may cause some problems in the future, requiring surgery and possibly some rehabilitation. Are they likely to knock us back because of this? There's been no medical treatment for it in like the past 10 years, but it may cause a problem in future and we know that's what the med report will say.

I hope someone is able to help us ASAP - any medical experts or people with knowledge of partnership terms and conditions most appreciated!

Thanking you all in advance,

D
Hi, can't say for sure with you over there, but over in the UK we're advised not to get the meds done until we have an ITA as the meds are only valid for 3 months.
Have you or do you need to have had your Qualifications verified, this can take some time.

It's only when you've got your ITA and you've got your meds, police checks and proof of employment all together that all those items get sent to immigration for them to say yes or no. With regards to knee injury when your partner submits ITA that is when it will be possibly be picked up.

Hope this helps
Old Oct 15th 2005, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

PRinAuckland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help - Application Question (Partnership & Medical)

Hi Planty,

Thanks for the feedback. I understand that bit - my partner has her meds / police certs / proof of employment etc hence we applying next week. My question, which I can c I didn't really explain properly, was do I get my meds / certs later while in NZ when we come to add me to her PR visa (i.e. once we can prove we've been together for 12 months) or do we submit my meds / certs now with her PR application, even though I'm not being added as a permanent resident on it at the mo, just as a named partner?

Hope this is clearer :scared: