British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Help/advice needed (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/help-advice-needed-810072/)

cjenkinson Sep 23rd 2013 9:17 am

Help/advice needed

Hi all, newbie here just after a little initial advice. My husband and I were originally thinking about emigrating to Australia but after some research we feel New Zealand would be better for us as a family. I feel I know the Australian immigration rules in side out however I don't really know where to start in regards to New Zealand. I am a Project administrator with 10 years experiance and see Anszco code 511112 appears on list 2 of New Zealands occupations, does this mean I am eligible for skilled migration? So sorry if I sound a bit dim but I am getting myself into a bit of a tizz knowing whether or not we are eligible.
Any advice on emigrating to New Zealand, where we start, where I need to be looking etc would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Claire

MrsFychan Sep 23rd 2013 9:57 am

Re: Help/advice needed

welcome to BE and NZ part of it.

first port of call would be as you say to ascertain whether you are eligible to gain a visa. The points indicator may help

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/

you need over 100 points to submit an EOI but to be honest unless you have 140, automatic selection, or a job offer it isn't worth spending the money on it.

have a go on the indicator and come back and let us know your points

Also I couldn't find the Anszco code 511112 listed for NZ but then again I don't have much joy on finding Anzsco codes, when you say list 2 which do you mean. long term, Immediate or Canterbury?

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/templ...=Guest&level=1

cjenkinson Sep 23rd 2013 10:13 am

Hi, thanks for your reply, I have looked on the points indicator and I score 115 points. I have also looked on the EOI selections, my understanding is that people that score 140 are automatically selected and the remaining are selected from those that score between 100-139? Am I correct in thinking those that have less than 140 and are selected are usually those with a job offer? If so how difficult do you think it would be to secure a job offer whilst still based in the UK? I know it wont be easy but I am not shy of hard work and putting in the hours to achieve what ever it is to get us there. Looking through this forum I see many people are having problems getting that all important job whilst not in NZ. What do you think the chances are of getting picked without the 140 and no job offer? On another note on the points calculator it says you can claim bonus points for working in a region outside of Auckland. Does this mean you can claim the points if you are WILLING to do this OR if you already have a job offer outside of Auckland?
Thanks
Claire

MrsFychan Sep 23rd 2013 10:20 am

to claim points outside of Auckland you have to have an offer. you are not likely any time soon to be selected on those points. also as I said I could not find your occupation on the skills list so you need to double check but again I'm not that good at looking for anzsco numbers. there are other options for visa's other than the Skilled Migrant route but may be difficult getting you both across and again could be down to getting offer of work. If you don't mind me asking are you under 30 as you could come over on a working holiday visa and then uplift another visa if you obtain full time work. You could look at work to residency visa but that needs an offer. Lots of options you just need to check out which would be the best fit.
What does your husband do?

As for jobs from across the waters it really does depend on what occupation it is and if you get lucky or not - not much help but it really does all depend

cjenkinson Sep 23rd 2013 10:29 am

Hi, you have been a great help in answering my questions. My occupation is not on the critical list but is a skill level 2 occupation, I have triple checked this as I wanted to be sure lol. I am 35 so WHV has passes us by.....my husband is a plumber but he retrained to do this and has only been qualified for 6 months, prior to this he was a window fitter for 10 years so I don't think either of these would benefit us at the moment. Thank you again, I think I need to investigate/read up a little more and maybe start sending out some emails to see how the land lies job wise. Where there's a will there's a way hey!! Thanks again you've been a great help
Thanks
Claire

MrsFychan Sep 23rd 2013 10:46 am

sorry can you clarify the list you are looking at

I have never seen anyone talk about " critical list but is a skill level 2 occupation" so getting the terminology correct to ask questions would be a great help.

they are Skilled List

Long term LTSSL
Immediate ISSL
or
Canterbury List

not to say that what you say is incorrect but not something I have come across since being on here

cjenkinson Sep 23rd 2013 12:31 pm

Hi the list I refer to is on the Immigration.gov.nz website. Appendix 6 - list of skilled occupations.
]"The occupations listed below under part A, part B, and part C may be considered skilled employment providing the requirements at SM7.10.1 (a), (b), or (c) are met"
511112 Program or Project Administrator

Sorry about the terminology I have been that engrossed in Australian immigration recently which has Critical skills occupation lists.

cjenkinson Sep 23rd 2013 12:31 pm

Hi the list I refer to is on the Immigration.gov.nz website. Appendix 6 - list of skilled occupations.
]"The occupations listed below under part A, part B, and part C may be considered skilled employment providing the requirements at SM7.10.1 (a), (b), or (c) are met"
511112 Program or Project Administrator

Sorry about the terminology I have been that engrossed in Australian immigration recently which has Critical skills occupation lists.