British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   HELP!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/help-617401/)

bevissa65 Jun 29th 2009 12:01 pm

HELP!!

hi all, have just been told by CO that my PR will not be granted as I do not meet the medical criteria. My BMI at medical was 36.1, cholesterol 5.8 and waist over 88cm. They have said they will reconsider when BMI less than 35. It is now exactly 35 and I am going to GP next week as he does not consider me a medical risk and will write a letter to say that. I am having blood test tomorrow to see if cholesterol is down (it had better be after a lot of hard work!!!) Has anyone else had similar problems and will they want to see me continue to lose weight or reassess straight away? Help, we are so desperate to be over there late August. Bevissa

127luton Jun 29th 2009 1:31 pm

Re: HELP!!

Originally Posted by bevissa65 (Post 7708924)
hi all, have just been told by CO that my PR will not be granted as I do not meet the medical criteria. My BMI at medical was 36.1, cholesterol 5.8 and waist over 88cm. They have said they will reconsider when BMI less than 35. It is now exactly 35 and I am going to GP next week as he does not consider me a medical risk and will write a letter to say that. I am having blood test tomorrow to see if cholesterol is down (it had better be after a lot of hard work!!!) Has anyone else had similar problems and will they want to see me continue to lose weight or reassess straight away? Help, we are so desperate to be over there late August. Bevissa

Hi there, sorry about all your worries - how awful.. but at least u've tried hard to rectify thing ! I dont know / and havent reached that point yet.. bt we are already a bit anxious about the medicals etc..
fingers crossed:fingerscrossed:
Berni

MooMoo290373 Jun 29th 2009 3:08 pm

Hi when i had my medicals i had high cholestrol i had to have a repeat blood test which i did and managed to get mine down to 5.2 as by bmi was well under but my waist was 1cm over mine was passed so hopefuly you can send over a report from your doctor with your new results and maybe they will reasses. Good luck.

Ginny

bevissa65 Jun 29th 2009 6:21 pm

Hi MooMoo, bloody hope they reassess in my favour. We have spent a fortune already on this process and don't need the risk of medicals and police certificates expiring. Apart from the sheer disappointment. I was convinced that as I have such good health (apart from being a bit lardy) I would be accepted straight away. Cos I'm the principal applicant they won't give partner or child PR until I get it. :thumbdown: Bevissa

BEVS Jun 29th 2009 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by bevissa65 (Post 7708924)

UUmm. :unsure: Sorry Bevissa if I have missed a post or three somewhere.

Has your PR been referred to a medical assessor and the medical assessor is awaiting further results from you before a final decision or have you been through the medical referral process and still been declined.

If your application is ongoing but the application has been passed to a medical assessor , then your medicals and police checks will remain valid for as long as your application is still live.

bevissa65 Jun 30th 2009 4:29 am

Hi BEVS thanks for that reply, the refusal was the first medical assessors findings so there is still hope. I know my BMI is less than it was and hopefully after work today I will find out if my cholesterol is down. My GP is happy to write a letter stating my good health. We have to send off more information by July 29th for a further assessment. I was getting concerned because our medicals will be 6 months old end of August and my police certificate too. If you say they will be valid until all assessments are complete then that is ok. I am now concerned that they will want to see my BMI falling for a while longer, even if it is now under 35. I have already delayed my job over there and don't want to risk losing it. Thanks, Bevissa:(

BEVS Jun 30th 2009 7:21 am

Then you have nearly 4 more weeks.

If you can afford to pay for it, go for a consultants report as to your long-term health prospects.
Not knocking your health, you understand, but it does seem that NZIS are being quite stringent .

Fingers crossed that the cholesterol is down to within the parameters.

bevissa65 Jun 30th 2009 7:11 pm

It is cholesterol down to 3.9 :thumbsup::thumbsup: eating porridge and all that cholesterol lowering stuff obviously helps.. oh and not eating fatty food:rofl: Just hope BMI under 35 when go to GP next week and hopefully 2nd assessment will be ok:) Does re-assessment take longer than the original one cos that was only about 2 weeks? Bevissa

xxElainexx Jun 30th 2009 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by bevissa65 (Post 7712926)
It is cholesterol down to 3.9 :thumbsup::thumbsup: eating porridge and all that cholesterol lowering stuff obviously helps.. oh and not eating fatty food:rofl: Just hope BMI under 35 when go to GP next week and hopefully 2nd assessment will be ok:) Does re-assessment take longer than the original one cos that was only about 2 weeks? Bevissa

Hiya,

How pleased you must be that your cholesterol is down, how long did it take you to bring it down, any tips as mine is a little high ...l do eat porridge sometimes..
Thank you
xxElainexx

xxElainexx Jun 30th 2009 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by xxElainexx (Post 7712956)
Hiya,

How pleased you must be that your cholesterol is down, how long did it take you to bring it down, any tips as mine is a little high ...l do eat porridge sometimes..
Thank you
xxElainexx

oh and well done.... you must be soooooooo pleased l know l would be
xxElainexx

bevissa65 Jun 30th 2009 7:36 pm

Hi Elaine, I am pleased but worried that getting BMI to 35 and having lower cholesterol won't be enough and thay will want me to continue to lose weight before they grant PR. I got drinks and marge to lower cholesterol. Didn't actually trust the original test result but thats another story!! So since end of May its gone from 5.8 to 3.9. Seems a big drop in 4-5 weeks but I'm so pleased I don't care:thumbsup: Fed up with porridge tho:rofl: Bevissa

xxElainexx Jun 30th 2009 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by bevissa65 (Post 7712971)
Hi Elaine, I am pleased but worried that getting BMI to 35 and having lower cholesterol won't be enough and thay will want me to continue to lose weight before they grant PR. I got drinks and marge to lower cholesterol. Didn't actually trust the original test result but thats another story!! So since end of May its gone from 5.8 to 3.9. Seems a big drop in 4-5 weeks but I'm so pleased I don't care:thumbsup: Fed up with porridge tho:rofl: Bevissa

Hi Bevissa, bless it's a nightmare when you know so much depends on it but staying positive as you seem to be is the key. We are currently trying to put an assessment to see if we can make it into NZ. Both of us have plenty of experience but no certificates. Hubby has held positions as a director in several companies that he has created..he is so very clever but no bits of paper so we are hoping that somewhere it might be possible for us to gain points on our experiences...keep your fingers crossed and do let us know how you get on too...xxElainexx

bevissa65 Jun 30th 2009 8:08 pm

Thanks Elaine, I'm sure you will find a way to get there somehow, maybe a job offer or as an investor? And yes I will keep you informed, in fact the whole bloody world will know when we finally get approved:rofl::rofl: Take care, Bevissa

MnB Jun 30th 2009 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by bevissa65 (Post 7712971)

Hi there, well done in getting cholesterol down!!:thumbsup: I'm on a porridge diet too ...... not so good in this weather!! but does make a quick lunch :D

Dont know if this will help you with BMI ... its a good diy calculator:
http://www.bapen.org.ukpdfs/must_full.pdf.
Good luck with re-assessment :)

BEVS Jul 1st 2009 3:20 am

Dunno how long a re-assessment takes but congrats and well done you, porridge woman. :thumbsup:

Have some karma.