Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Hello ! Residence application under Family based? should i apply for work visa too?

Hello ! Residence application under Family based? should i apply for work visa too?

Old Jan 28th 2012, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

elza82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello ! Residence application under Family based? should i apply for work visa too?

Hi all!

I have found some timeline in this forum but 3 or 4 years ago..

Was wondering if any of you have been applying under Family based (partner) lately for residency ?

I have all my documents ready ....was about to send both work visa and residency as they told me residency will take over a year...

but i just read few years ago..maybe not?

should i just sent residency first and then work permit?

any ideas how long it takes ?

thank you !
Old Jan 28th 2012, 9:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hello ! Residence application under Family based? should i apply for work visa to

I'm a bit puzzled

Question: What NZ visa or status does your de facto partner/spouse hold at the present time.

The answer to that will tell us what application form (s) you should or should not be doing.

I am assuming you are with your partner/spouse & submitting applications at the same time?
Old Jan 28th 2012, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

elza82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello ! Residence application under Family based? should i apply for work visa to

I am sorry if I was not clear ...

My partner is a New Zealand citizen..

We were both working and living abroad before and he got a job here and asked me to move with him

so i quit and did...

we have been living to ether for a year and in the relation for a year and 4 months
Old Jan 28th 2012, 9:30 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

sorry can't help on application under family basis as we have just come over on husbands work visa and applying for Residency on that, but just wanted to welcome you and let you know that this site has always come up trumps for us as a family whilst in the UK and I have even met up with a couple of families and they have been amazing help.
so take a look around the site and I'm sure you're answer maybe answered, if not then the best option is to contact the Immigration office and ask them direct or if able pop along and speak to one of the people there, which is what my husband often did when he had a query
Old Jan 30th 2012, 9:48 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by elza82
I am sorry if I was not clear ...

My partner is a New Zealand citizen..

We were both working and living abroad before and he got a job here and asked me to move with him

so i quit and did...

we have been living together for a year and in the relation for a year and 4 months
OK cheers.
What visa have you currently been on?