Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Hello can someone help re medical waiver stage??

Hello can someone help re medical waiver stage??

Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Emilou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello can someone help re medical waiver stage??

Hi
My family and I are so keen to live and work in NZ but have just been rejected by 2nd MA for husbands health problems that STATISTICS say he will require dialysis at later stage of life. According to his consultant, who has written a report, he is not "a text book case" and is showing NO signs of illness. The MA is for the second time reporting statistical concerns and has refused us entry. Next stage is medical waiver, seeing as we have thrown EVERY bit of information we have at this, what are our chances of MW? Do we seek help from a consultancy or lawyer to fight our case?
Old Sep 15th 2010, 4:30 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello can someone help re medical waiver stage??

Fight the same battle that the MA is, does your consultant disagree with the statistics?

BTW the purpose of the medical review is not just to weed out those actually ill NOW, it IS to look at the likely costs over the next few years so statistics ARE going to be relevant to that analysis, not just whether your hubby is currently well (glad he is though!).
Old Oct 9th 2010, 12:53 am
Just Joined

shellyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emilou View Post
Hi
My family and I are so keen to live and work in NZ but have just been rejected by 2nd MA for husbands health problems that STATISTICS say he will require dialysis at later stage of life. According to his consultant, who has written a report, he is not "a text book case" and is showing NO signs of illness. The MA is for the second time reporting statistical concerns and has refused us entry. Next stage is medical waiver, seeing as we have thrown EVERY bit of information we have at this, what are our chances of MW? Do we seek help from a consultancy or lawyer to fight our case?
We had problems with medicals because of me, we got it in the end, phew ! my understanding is that you need to work with your case officer at NZ house, get references, letters of support, personla refs as well and apply for MW better if you have a job already. Say in triplicate what yoou are to bring to NZ
Old Oct 9th 2010, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Hi there
Thanks for that. Since last posting, some other guys on here suggested getting in touch with some immigration lawyers in Christchurch. We have now passed everything over to them to get us PR. We were advised that it was best to try and get 2nd medical assessor to agree our application before going for medical waiver.
Waiting with "baited breath"
Emma
Old Oct 9th 2010, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emilou View Post
Hi there
Thanks for that. Since last posting, some other guys on here suggested getting in touch with some immigration lawyers in Christchurch. We have now passed everything over to them to get us PR. We were advised that it was best to try and get 2nd medical assessor to agree our application before going for medical waiver.
Waiting with "baited breath"
Emma
I'm taking a candid guess that they are the same ones we used, if so you are in the best possible hands. Good luck
Old Oct 9th 2010, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Hello can someone help re medical waiver stage??

Yes I took yours and someone elses advice and contacted them. Like you say if they cant help us no one can. Keeping everything crossed.
Emma
Old Oct 12th 2010, 3:09 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

I feel you have done the best thing for the MW appeal Emilou.

The immy lawyer's that Jan & Neill used have an excellent reputation.

I wish you the very best of luck.