hello all a little help please

Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:33 am
Just Joined

manda.gary has a brilliant futuremanda.gary has a brilliant futuremanda.gary has a brilliant futuremanda.gary has a brilliant futuremanda.gary has a brilliant futuremanda.gary has a brilliant futuremanda.gary has a brilliant future
Default hello all a little help please

hi everybody, can anyone help me work out the points indicator to see if we can submit a EOI, keep getting different points every time i do it ???

hubby is a time served builder / bricklayer served his apprentiship then classed as qualified and been doing it for over 20 yrs now but no NVQ,s at the mo , hes under 40 fit and healthy no criminal record.
I have qualifications in the tourism industry and am just finishing nvq level 3 in childcare , under 40, fit and healthy and no criminal record.

question is do we go for it through hubby as bricklayer or me, and do you think we would stand a chance of getting enough points to qualify ??

many thanks for any help given and all replies gratefully recieved
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:46 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello all a little help please

Originally Posted by manda.gary
hi everybody, can anyone help me work out the points indicator to see if we can submit a EOI, keep getting different points every time i do it ???

hubby is a time served builder / bricklayer served his apprentiship then classed as qualified and been doing it for over 20 yrs now but no NVQ,s at the mo , hes under 40 fit and healthy no criminal record.
I have qualifications in the tourism industry and am just finishing nvq level 3 in childcare , under 40, fit and healthy and no criminal record.

question is do we go for it through hubby as bricklayer or me, and do you think we would stand a chance of getting enough points to qualify ??

many thanks for any help given and all replies gratefully recieved
Prob worth looking on the skills shortage list and see if either of your professions are listed, as you will get preferential treatment.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Have you filled out the actual EOI on-line?? as this will give you a running points score, you don't have to submit it just yet until you are sure, if I was you I would fill one out each to see which applicant scores the most, I have a feeling it may be you, but I could't tell you how many points as I it's depends on what you are claiming.

I think this would be the best to get a better picture.

Good luck
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:59 am
Just Joined

manda.gary has a brilliant futuremanda.gary has a brilliant futuremanda.gary has a brilliant futuremanda.gary has a brilliant futuremanda.gary has a brilliant futuremanda.gary has a brilliant futuremanda.gary has a brilliant future

hi thanks for the replies , will give it a go filling the E O I on line didnt know you could do it and not submit . thanks for the advice
Old Sep 17th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

If you go to NZIS website, type in 'points indicator' in search field (I am sure someone can paste the direct link). This will bring up an easy to use ready reckoner which will give you a good idea of how many points you can get.

Filling the EOI can take quite a while, and even more if you do two, so suggest the ready reckoner first to use as a guide.

Best of luck.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:48 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Bricklayer - ANZSCO code 331111

This trade is seen as skilled by NZIS ( New Zealand Immigration Service).
It is not on the Long Term shortage list so you cannot claim bonus points for absolute shortage. However it is on the Immediate Shortage list so this trade is seen as needed by New Zealand.

There is no need for an NZQA assessment of the trade qualifications and work experience unless NZIS ask for this.

Ordinarily the bricklayer will be time-served with an apprenticeship. He will hold his City and Guilds both 1 and 2 and have several years of work experience. An NVQ 3 could be considered equivalent and work experience can substitute for the formal trade qualifications these days.
If he has anything that one feels may puzzle an NZIS officer then it is best to get a full NZQA assessment done . You want to see it come back at NZIS/NZQA register level 4 or above.

451612 TRAVEL CONSULTANT

This occupation appears on the NZIS Immediate Shortage list at Senior Level. However it does not appear as an occupation seen as skilled on the NZIS register of skilled occupations. so it is one of those jobs where NZ has a shortage but this job does not lead to a PR application. You cannot claim points for this

421111 Child Carers

This occupation does not appear on either of the shortage lists . It is also not on the list of occupations seen as skilled. You cannot claim points for this.

142116 - Travel Agency Manager and 134111 Child Care Centre Managers are both considered skilled occupations by NZIS. If you have quals and work experience to managerial level you could claim points but you will need to prove the level with an NZQA assessment.

Neither of the above two occupations appear on the shortage lists.

So in summary, looking at the above, it would be your husband who would be the principle applicant as he has a trade skill that NZ wants.

Points as I see it:-

Age 30-39 years = 25 points

Work Experience of over ten years in a comparable labour market = 30 points

Trade qualification which is equivalentto level 4 of the NZQA register = 50 points.

Your total points are 105.

To submit an EOI you need the minimum of 100 points. An automatic pull from the EOI fortnightly draw is 140 points.

You could be pulled from the pool with 105 points but you may have a bit of a wait. Your chances would be improved with an NZ job offer as a bricklayer for your husband.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:44 am
Just Joined

bevs here thank you so much for that information it really helps - made everything a lot clearer with the points indicator.
Have decided to go for it and get everything sorted to submit the EOI.
Nothin tried nothing gained and all that !!!
On the job front have e-mailed his cv off to a few places but no bites yet but im an optimistic sort of person and it will come right
Do you think hubby would need his trade assessed first to prove it would be a level 4 ? (just seen you already answered this oops)
Again thank you

Last edited by manda.gary; Sep 18th 2008 at 8:46 am. Reason: already answered question!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:13 pm
`

OMG ! You read all that ? Have some karma

No. He shouldn't need his quals assessed by NZQA. Look out his C&G's, both 1 and 2. If he has proof of the apprenticeship , all to the good. He may be able to find this in other ways. My husband did this through an ancient trade pension scheme in the end. He is a plumber. Collate his work exp. Use contracts of employment with job descriptions. Pay slips. If self-employed , put together some invoices, reference and end of year a/cs. Plus any CITB cards etc for site work. You know the drill.

Certain areas are recruiting. I think there is an expo in London and Leeds soon. There is ! So I have highlighted the link in bold. You never know, you may get some interest.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:28 am
Just Joined

hi, BEVS here thanks for the karma and all the info youve been really helpful.

Already sorted most of the info we will need for his job info and got a reference letter from the guy he did his apprenticeship with all those years ago!! And gathering anything else he can think of as we go.
Gonna have a look to the Expo in leeds with copies of his C.V so will just wait and see what happens, will let you all know how he gets on.
thanks
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

[QUOTE=BEVS here;6796085No. He shouldn't need his quals assessed by NZQA. Look out his C&G's, both 1 and 2. If he has proof of the apprenticeship , all to the good. [/QUOTE]

Sorry Bev this is the problem lots of us are finding, NZIS do now want C&G 1 and 2 assessed, when they select your EOI if you're claiming points for it they then decide that they do need it assessed after all! Even with all the evidence of doing the job for the last 18 years. And NZQA have got such a backlog it's taking forever! Sorry, sounds a bit angry now but am getting p'eed off with it all

nic
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:26 pm
`

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph
Sorry Bev this is the problem lots of us are finding, NZIS do now want C&G 1 and 2 assessed, when they select your EOI if you're claiming points for it they then decide that they do need it assessed after all! Even with all the evidence of doing the job for the last 18 years. And NZQA have got such a backlog it's taking forever! Sorry, sounds a bit angry now but am getting p'eed off with it all

nic
That's OK. No worries Nic.

To be clear, when I wrote..........
He shouldn't need his quals assessed by NZQA. Look out his C&G's, both 1 and 2. If he has proof of the apprenticeship , all to the good.
...........I did use the word 'shouldn't' rather than state 'will not'.

Originally Posted by list of recognised trade quals per NZIS
Trade Qualifications

The City and Guilds Part One and Part Two Certificates named below, together with evidence of a completed apprenticeship registered with a recognised industry body, are assessed as occupying Level 3 of the Register and will therefore qualify for 50 points.

Note: Visa and immigration officers must ensure that the Part Two Certificate is a full qualification (usually three components). Individual components of the Part Two qualification may be separately certificated. Most full Part Two certificates require completion of three components.

Other Trade qualifications not listed below require assessment by the NZQA.

* Aeronautical Engineering Craft Studies
* Agricultural Mechanics
* Bakery
* Brickwork
* Carpentry and Joinery
* Cooking for the Catering Industry
* Electronics Servicing
* Electrical Installation Work
* Engineering Craft Studies
* Fabrication and Welding Engineering Craft Studies
* Furniture Craft Studies
* Gas fitting
* Hairdressing
* Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
* Instrument Fitting
* Machine Woodworking
* Masonry
* Mechanical Engineering Craft Studies
* Mechanical Engineering Maintenance
* Motor Vehicle Craft Studies
* Motor Vehicle Craft Studies (Light Vehicles, Heavy Vehicles, Vehicle Electricians, Fuel Injection Equipment Mechanics)
* Painting and Decorating
* Plumbing
* Printing
* Radio, Television and Electronics
* Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning
* Sheet Metal and Thin Plate Craft Studies
* Structural and Thick Plate Craft Studies
* Yacht and Boat Building Craft Studies
Other trades require an NZQA assessment. Other qualifications which are not C&G certificates 1 and 2 with certificate 2 having the 3 parts of the advanced level would also need an NZQA assessment.
NZIS also reserve the right to require an NZQA assessment despite stating the above.

NZIS really should update the trade quals listing to include which level of NVQ they would accept .

They should also clarify what they accept with today's C&G which now have 'parts' or 'levels' instead of the much older basic first C&G certificate and then the advanced three part C&G certificate . After all, C&G changed they way they certify trade qualifications quite a long while ago now.

I still can't understand why NZIS called your husband's quals into question Nic. After all, he had just the same format of C&G following a complete 4 yr apprenticeship as my bloke did.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BEVS here
That's OK. No worries Nic.

I still can't understand why NZIS called your husband's quals into question Nic. After all, he had just the same format of C&G following a complete 4 yr apprenticeship as my bloke did.
Hi Bev, sorry, wasn't getting at you just the system... The bloke from NZIS who told me all this and rejected our EOI has since been sacked but we have no come back apparently!

nic
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 10:06 pm
`

S'OK Nic. I know you weren't getting at me. I just I had better try 'n make meself more clear . Clear as mud that is.

I think what has happened to you is complete cr*p. You should either be refunded your EOI money or the rejected EOI be re-instated.

Have you gone to the branch head and complained about this?

Sorry to the OP , mandy.gary, for highjacking the thread a little. As you will have read , Nic has been on the receiving end of a less than able NZIS officer shall we say. So unable , he was sacked !
Old Sep 24th 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS here
S'OK Nic. I know you weren't getting at me. I just I had better try 'n make meself more clear . Clear as mud that is.

I think what has happened to you is complete cr*p. You should either be refunded your EOI money or the rejected EOI be re-instated.

Have you gone to the branch head and complained about this?

Sorry to the OP , mandy.gary, for highjacking the thread a little. As you will have read , Nic has been on the receiving end of a less than able NZIS officer shall we say. So unable , he was sacked !
I did try when I spoke to the lady at NZIS who'd taken over all his cases, she told me that unfortunately that's how it is..... tough luck basically. OH's application with NZQA is at "evaluation stage" at long last, so hopefully if we hear back with a yeh after the 35 working days, we'll resubmit EOI! Just keep everything crossed!
nic
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:24 am
`

I'll keep all me fingers and me toes crossed Nic. Can't see how they could possibly not accept the application this time and I still think it stinks highly of old kippers. NZIS should have made amends for the mess-up Nic IMVHO.