British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Health problems (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/health-problems-589753/)

becky667 Feb 6th 2009 3:55 pm

Health problems

Hi

Can anyone advise the issue of obtaning PR with a diagnosis of Ischaemic Heart Disease? I have seen the NZIS site

Thanks

BEVS Feb 6th 2009 11:18 pm

Re: Health problems

When you say you have seen the NZIS website, do you mean you have read the Health Policy?

If you mean that you have read this , then you will know that the heart condition is mentioned in Appendix 10 & as such someone with this condition would not meet the health requirements.

Originally Posted by nzis operations manual
The conditions listed in Appendix 10 are considered to impose significant costs and/or demands on New Zealand's health and/or special education services. Where a visa or immigration officer is satisfied (as a result of advice from an Immigration New Zealand medical assessor) that an applicant has one of the listed conditions, that applicant will be assessed as not having an acceptable standard of health.

Originally Posted by Appendix10 of the NZIS operations manual
Medical conditions

HIV infection
Hepatitis B surface antigen positive, with abnormal liver function
Hepatitis C, RNA positive, with abnormal liver function

Malignancies of solid organs and haematopoietic tissue, including past history of, or currently under treatment
Exceptions are:
treated minor skin malignancies (not melanoma)
malignancies where the interval since treatment is such that the probability of cure is > 90%, e.g.: early stage (I & IIA) breast cancer at 5 years; low risk prostate cancer at 5 years; early stage (Dukes A & B1) colorectal cancer at 5 years; childhood leukaemia at 5 years

Solid organ transplants, excluding corneal grafts more than 6 months old

Chronic renal failure or progressive renal disorders

Diseases or disorders such as osteoarthritis with a high probability of arthroplasty in the next four years

Central Nervous System disease, including motor neurone disease, complex partial seizures, poorly controlled epilepsy, prion disease, Alzheimer's and other dementia, and including paraplegia and quadriplegia

Cardiac disease including ischaemic heart disease, cardiomyopathy or valve disease requiring surgical and/or other procedural intervention

Chronic obstructive respiratory disease with limited exercise tolerance and requiring oxygen

Genetic or congenital disorders: muscular dystrophies, cystic fibrosis, thalassaemia major, sickle cell anaemia if more than one sickle crisis in 4 years, severe haemophilia, and severe primary immunodeficiencies

Severe autoimmune disease, currently being treated with immuno-suppressants other than prednisone

In a person up to the age of 21 years, a severe (71-90 decibels) hearing loss or profound bilateral sensori-neural hearing loss

In a person up to the age of 21 years, a severe vision impairment with visual acuity of 6/36 or beyond after best possible correction, or a loss restricting the field of vision to 15-20 degrees

In a person up to the age of 21 years, a severe physical disability, where they are unable to stand and walk without support, and cannot independently dress, eat, hold a cup, or maintain their stability when sitting.

becky667 Feb 7th 2009 10:11 am

Hi

Thanks Bev - I misread the exceptions part.

Loks like I won't bother submitting the ITA as my husband will be rejected.

Becky:broken_heart::broken_heart:

lindsay loo Feb 7th 2009 10:58 am

Becky

just read your post. Thats really heart-breaking about your husband. Did u put that information on your EOI, just wondered if they should have picked it up earlier in your application.
I cant imagine how u r both feeling.

Best wishes, Lindsay

becky667 Feb 7th 2009 12:06 pm

Hi

Never was listed on the EOI as only had problems 2 days prior to medical!

Dreams shattered but I guess its NZ loss.

Becky

BEVS Feb 7th 2009 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by becky667 (Post 7259965)
Hi

Never was listed on the EOI as only had problems 2 days prior to medical!

Dreams shattered but I guess its NZ loss.

Becky

That's a nightmare love. :( I spose all you can think is that it was not meant to be. Hope the hubby stays fit and well though. That's far more important in the short and long run.

becky667 Feb 7th 2009 1:20 pm

Thanks

Unfortunately he's really upset about the whole thing and has suggested splitting so I can still go to NZ. Annoying thing is its so mild that he doesn't even need to be followed up by cardiologist.

Becky

j19fmm Feb 7th 2009 7:08 pm

Oh Becky, really sorry to hear this, poor hubby he must feel sooo bad. But like you say, NZ's loss hun x