Have question filling online EOI

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:51 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 4
newbieimm is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Have question filling online EOI

Here is a brief background

1) Have Masters in Computers
2) Have 6+ Years of IT work experience(3.6 years in Home country and another 2.9+ years in Canada)

Now my question is am I eligible for claiming points under these sections

F9, F10 and F11.

I was confused as the documentation was saying

"A qualification(s) in an identified future growth area or cluster only qualifies for bonus points if you are also
claiming points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment in an identified future growth area or cluster.

Only complete Questions F9 and F10 if you are claiming points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment.(Does this means only people employed in NZ or people with NZ offer?)"

I appreciate your time and help.

Last edited by newbieimm; Apr 23rd 2007 at 9:54 pm.
newbieimm is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 10:13 pm
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
Spacecake799's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Was Torbay, NZ now North Yorkshire UK
Posts: 813
Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have question filling online EOI

Originally Posted by newbieimm View Post
Here is a brief background

1) Have Masters in Computers
2) Have 6+ Years of IT work experience(3.6 years in Home country and another 2.9+ years in Canada)

Now my question is am I eligible for claiming points under these sections

F9, F10 and F11.

I was confused as the documentation was saying

"A qualification(s) in an identified future growth area or cluster only qualifies for bonus points if you are also
claiming points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment in an identified future growth area or cluster.

Only complete Questions F9 and F10 if you are claiming points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment.(Does this means only people employed in NZ or people with NZ offer?)"

I appreciate your time and help.
Hi,
I'll try and answer this and make sense. My husband has worked in IT for 7 years and put down to claim points for future growth area as its IT. We were told to be able to claim the points you had to actually work for an IT company such as IBM. My husbands has always worked within law firms doing IT support. Therefore we could'nt claim the points. Hope this makes sense.
Carole
Spacecake799 is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:00 pm
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
simonmarkellis's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Whitby Wellington
Posts: 2,440
simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have question filling online EOI

Originally Posted by newbieimm View Post
Here is a brief background

1) Have Masters in Computers
2) Have 6+ Years of IT work experience(3.6 years in Home country and another 2.9+ years in Canada)

Now my question is am I eligible for claiming points under these sections

F9, F10 and F11.

I was confused as the documentation was saying

"A qualification(s) in an identified future growth area or cluster only qualifies for bonus points if you are also
claiming points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment in an identified future growth area or cluster.

Only complete Questions F9 and F10 if you are claiming points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment.(Does this means only people employed in NZ or people with NZ offer?)"

I appreciate your time and help.
Is your work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage?
If it is then your masters maybe good enough, if not then you may only be able to claim points for having the masters.
simonmarkellis is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:27 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 4
newbieimm is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Have question filling online EOI

Thanks to everyone for your answers. I figured it out as I am not eligible to claim F9,F10,F11 as I am not claiming any points for Skilled Employment in NZ or hold offer of employment.

I have few more questions

I worked with title Software Engineer all of my 61/2 years experience. So, I selected my main occupation as Software Engineer (21312) as I guess it is relevant and most commonly used title by IT Services companies. As software engineer my responsibilities includes mainly programming/developing, desinging and all other life cycle work products.

Now When it came to indicate the total number of years work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage. I had chosen Information Technology (IT) Professionals: Programmer. I know most of experience is in programming only, but my position/title always says "Software Engineer". Do you guyz think it should fine. Any ideas.

Question about other Family

Do we need mention all the family memebers even if they are not immigrating. Do we also need mention partner and dependant details even we have seperate forms for them.

Work Experience

What should I answer for this question
Please indicate why you believe this work experience should be recognised.
In my case all of my experience eligible for absolute skills shortage list and It is also relavant to the recognised qualification.
What is best to write to justify this.

I appreciate all of your time reading and answering the question


Originally Posted by simonmarkellis View Post
Is your work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage?
If it is then your masters maybe good enough, if not then you may only be able to claim points for having the masters.

Last edited by newbieimm; Apr 24th 2007 at 9:32 pm.
newbieimm is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:00 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 4
newbieimm is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Have question filling online EOI

It seems no luck for me. I guess people are busy or I am in the wrong forum. Thanks anyways guyz.
newbieimm is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:03 pm
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
simonmarkellis's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Whitby Wellington
Posts: 2,440
simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have question filling online EOI

Originally Posted by newbieimm View Post
It seems no luck for me. I guess people are busy or I am in the wrong forum. Thanks anyways guyz.
Have patience, your asking alot of questions and i for one am still trying to digest what your saying and give you an answer
simonmarkellis is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:49 am
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
 
simonmarkellis's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Whitby Wellington
Posts: 2,440
simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have question filling online EOI

Originally Posted by newbieimm View Post
Thanks to everyone for your answers. I figured it out as I am not eligible to claim F9,F10,F11 as I am not claiming any points for Skilled Employment in NZ or hold offer of employment.

I have few more questions

I worked with title Software Engineer all of my 61/2 years experience. So, I selected my main occupation as Software Engineer (21312) as I guess it is relevant and most commonly used title by IT Services companies. As software engineer my responsibilities includes mainly programming/developing, desinging and all other life cycle work products.

Now When it came to indicate the total number of years work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage. I had chosen Information Technology (IT) Professionals: Programmer. I know most of experience is in programming only, but my position/title always says "Software Engineer". Do you guyz think it should fine. Any ideas.

Question about other Family

Do we need mention all the family memebers even if they are not immigrating. Do we also need mention partner and dependant details even we have seperate forms for them.

Work Experience

What should I answer for this question
Please indicate why you believe this work experience should be recognised.
In my case all of my experience eligible for absolute skills shortage list and It is also relavant to the recognised qualification.
What is best to write to justify this.

I appreciate all of your time reading and answering the question
Your probably worry too much. My own expericence they would recognise my work experience as a Systems Analyst as i didn't have a degree just a graduate certificate. So your Masters should go along way. Just tell them how many years your worked in programming. I declared as many of my family as i could, because just in case they themselves decide they want to emigrate to NZ.
simonmarkellis is offline  
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:37 am
  #8  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 4
newbieimm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Have question filling online EOI

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis View Post
Your probably worry too much. My own expericence they would recognise my work experience as a Systems Analyst as i didn't have a degree just a graduate certificate. So your Masters should go along way. Just tell them how many years your worked in programming. I declared as many of my family as i could, because just in case they themselves decide they want to emigrate to NZ.
You are right I am . Thanks for your reply.
newbieimm is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.