British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Have question filling online EOI (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/have-question-filling-online-eoi-444460/)

newbieimm Apr 23rd 2007 8:51 pm

Have question filling online EOI

Here is a brief background

1) Have Masters in Computers
2) Have 6+ Years of IT work experience(3.6 years in Home country and another 2.9+ years in Canada)

Now my question is am I eligible for claiming points under these sections

F9, F10 and F11.

I was confused as the documentation was saying

"A qualification(s) in an identified future growth area or cluster only qualifies for bonus points if you are also
claiming points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment in an identified future growth area or cluster.

Only complete Questions F9 and F10 if you are claiming points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment.(Does this means only people employed in NZ or people with NZ offer?)"

I appreciate your time and help.

Spacecake799 Apr 23rd 2007 9:13 pm

Re: Have question filling online EOI

Originally Posted by newbieimm (Post 4686739)

2) Have 6+ Years of IT work experience(3.6 years in Home country and another 2.9+ years in Canada)

F9, F10 and F11.

"A qualification(s) in an identified future growth area or cluster only qualifies for bonus points if you are also
claiming points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment in an identified future growth area or cluster.

Only complete Questions F9 and F10 if you are claiming points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment.(Does this means only people employed in NZ or people with NZ offer?)"

Hi,
I'll try and answer this and make sense. My husband has worked in IT for 7 years and put down to claim points for future growth area as its IT. We were told to be able to claim the points you had to actually work for an IT company such as IBM. My husbands has always worked within law firms doing IT support. Therefore we could'nt claim the points. Hope this makes sense.
Carole:D

simonmarkellis Apr 24th 2007 11:00 am

Originally Posted by newbieimm (Post 4686739)

F9, F10 and F11.

Is your work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage?
If it is then your masters maybe good enough, if not then you may only be able to claim points for having the masters.

newbieimm Apr 24th 2007 8:27 pm

Thanks to everyone for your answers. I figured it out as I am not eligible to claim F9,F10,F11 as I am not claiming any points for Skilled Employment in NZ or hold offer of employment.

I have few more questions

I worked with title Software Engineer all of my 61/2 years experience. So, I selected my main occupation as Software Engineer (21312) as I guess it is relevant and most commonly used title by IT Services companies. As software engineer my responsibilities includes mainly programming/developing, desinging and all other life cycle work products.

Now When it came to indicate the total number of years work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage. I had chosen Information Technology (IT) Professionals: Programmer. I know most of experience is in programming only, but my position/title always says "Software Engineer". Do you guyz think it should fine. Any ideas.

Question about other Family

Do we need mention all the family memebers even if they are not immigrating. Do we also need mention partner and dependant details even we have seperate forms for them.

Work Experience

What should I answer for this question
Please indicate why you believe this work experience should be recognised.
In my case all of my experience eligible for absolute skills shortage list and It is also relavant to the recognised qualification.
What is best to write to justify this.

I appreciate all of your time reading and answering the question

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 4689366)
Is your work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage?
If it is then your masters maybe good enough, if not then you may only be able to claim points for having the masters.

newbieimm Apr 25th 2007 9:00 pm

It seems no luck for me. I guess people are busy or I am in the wrong forum. Thanks anyways guyz.

simonmarkellis Apr 25th 2007 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by newbieimm (Post 4697163)
It seems no luck for me. I guess people are busy or I am in the wrong forum. Thanks anyways guyz.

Have patience, your asking alot of questions and i for one am still trying to digest what your saying and give you an answer

simonmarkellis Apr 26th 2007 8:49 am

Originally Posted by newbieimm (Post 4692310)
Thanks to everyone for your answers. I figured it out as I am not eligible to claim F9,F10,F11 as I am not claiming any points for Skilled Employment in NZ or hold offer of employment.

I have few more questions

I worked with title Software Engineer all of my 61/2 years experience. So, I selected my main occupation as Software Engineer (21312) as I guess it is relevant and most commonly used title by IT Services companies. As software engineer my responsibilities includes mainly programming/developing, desinging and all other life cycle work products.

Now When it came to indicate the total number of years work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage. I had chosen Information Technology (IT) Professionals: Programmer. I know most of experience is in programming only, but my position/title always says "Software Engineer". Do you guyz think it should fine. Any ideas.

Question about other Family

Do we need mention all the family memebers even if they are not immigrating. Do we also need mention partner and dependant details even we have seperate forms for them.

Work Experience

What should I answer for this question
Please indicate why you believe this work experience should be recognised.
In my case all of my experience eligible for absolute skills shortage list and It is also relavant to the recognised qualification.
What is best to write to justify this.

I appreciate all of your time reading and answering the question

Your probably worry too much. My own expericence they would recognise my work experience as a Systems Analyst as i didn't have a degree just a graduate certificate. So your Masters should go along way. Just tell them how many years your worked in programming. I declared as many of my family as i could, because just in case they themselves decide they want to emigrate to NZ.

newbieimm Apr 27th 2007 4:37 am

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 4699018)
Your probably worry too much. My own expericence they would recognise my work experience as a Systems Analyst as i didn't have a degree just a graduate certificate. So your Masters should go along way. Just tell them how many years your worked in programming. I declared as many of my family as i could, because just in case they themselves decide they want to emigrate to NZ.

You are right I am :confused: . Thanks for your reply.