British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Has anyone ever... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/has-anyone-ever-706338/)

johneastriggs Feb 21st 2011 7:31 pm

Has anyone ever...

Has anyone ever...let me rephrase.
I need my wifes 20 points to get into the EOI pool.The catch is she will get her qualification in a few weeks/months time.I really want to submit my EOI.
Do I wait on her getting the qualification or should I say she has it on the EOI then if I get ITA I can send the qualifications with the application?I assume they check the dates of things carefully.Just a bit impatient maybe!!

simonsi Feb 21st 2011 7:40 pm

Re: Has anyone ever...

My advice would be to be totally straight and honest with NZ Immigration, if you aren´t it could prejudice this and any other application you may make.

You can of course submit your EOI into the pool at any time, the fortnightly draw is where the points is important, without knowing your points breakdown its hard to say how quickly you may be drawn or not.

johneastriggs Feb 21st 2011 7:45 pm

I guess you are right.Without my wifes points I only have 95 so looks like I may have to bite the bullit till she gets her qualification and thus giving me 20 to make the 115.
Thanks for the advice tho

simonsi Feb 21st 2011 8:07 pm

Presume thats without a job offer? Have you looked back to see when 115pts with your experience etc was drawn??? Off the top of my head it looks fairly slim but more info would help, how are your points made up?

johneastriggs Feb 21st 2011 8:17 pm

Hi thanks for reply,my HNC qualification is not in column 4 of the LTSSL this means I cant claim bonus points for work exprerience/qualifications.I have no job offer.

My points:
10 - Age
50 - Qualification
35 - Work Experience
20 - Wifes SVQ when she gets it in a couple of months.

115 points {Without Bonus points for work exprerience/qualifications} hasn't been enough to be selected since December 2009!!

Thanks

simonsi Feb 21st 2011 8:39 pm

OK, in common with many others you need to look to getting a job offer to improve your chances of selection. What role are you looking at on the LTSSL?

johneastriggs Feb 21st 2011 8:41 pm

Hi again,looking for a job.I have 10 years in IT.
The old catch 22 no visa no job no job no visa

simonsi Feb 21st 2011 9:19 pm

OK, hope you found seek.co.nz? Don´t be afraid to send off your cv purely to initiate a discussion with some agencies, you may want to check if you have an personal leads via anyone you know in IT in NZ?? You should be able to firmly state that with a job offer you DO qualify on points to migrate, timescale to process is probably 2weeks to enter EOI and be selected (with a job offer in place), then circa 4-6weeks to process PR OR 1-2 weeks to process a WTR (work to residence), so with a willing employer the timescales aren´t too bad if everything is straightforward.

I have to say IT is a tough sector at the moment, there is currently short-term overcapacity in manpower IMHO.

The points indicator asks for experience in an identified area of future growth - did you include that?

johneastriggs Feb 21st 2011 9:22 pm

Thanks again for the comments,much appreciated.I did add the future growth points.Will keep trying.
Thanks again

rick78 Feb 21st 2011 10:16 pm

I agree with being honest with NZIS... I feel your pain, I'm really really impatient and the waiting is hard!

johneastriggs Feb 22nd 2011 7:04 pm

Thanks for the advice Rick.I see you managed to get a job.Good luck with it it all mate