Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Has anybody applied for a medical waiver on ITA application?

Has anybody applied for a medical waiver on ITA application?

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 12:22 pm
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Kags1694's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: From Liverpool to North Shore NZ
Posts: 320
Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Has anybody applied for a medical waiver on ITA application?

Hi all,

We have now been assigned a case officer, I know the main problem will be my BMI, my oh is the main applicant, his BMI is well under.

Has anybody applied for a medical waiver, and got it.

Regards
Karen
Kags1694 is offline  
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:20 pm
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 404
Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Has anybody applied for a medical waiver on ITA application?

Don't think for 1 minute it will come to the waiver. They will assess your other risk factors with BMI eg cholesterol and fasting glucose, if they are OK then you should be Ok. Good luck!!!
Frenchy is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 6:49 am
  #3  
Family landed :)
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 97
newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice
Default Re: Has anybody applied for a medical waiver on ITA application?

Yes it probably will come to a waiver. Prob best to speak to NZIS upfront so you know what to do etc.

BMI sems to be thier 'pet' thing now. We had no other issues on medical.

We haven't got a waiver yet, all fingers crossed!
newzealandplease is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:37 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 404
Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Has anybody applied for a medical waiver on ITA application?

Weird! we both had elevated BMI and they only asked for extra information (18 months ago) so they must have really tightened up!!! Waivers were only needed if the medical assessor didn't pass it off after referral. We were refered, assessed, more clinical investigations sought and then passed!

Thought a waiver was the last resort to disclaim certain clinical 'conditions' ?
Frenchy is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:40 am
  #5  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 17
George2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anybody applied for a medical waiver on ITA application?

Immigration NZ work under a policy criteria for determining medical conditions. They will consider whether you are likely to be a burden on the health system in NZ in addition to other criteria.

I have a client at the moment who will need to apply for a medical waiver as he is in the final stage of his residence application and this appears to be the only issue remaining. Sometimes it can be a real difficulty.


Simon
George2008 is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:17 am
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Kags1694's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: From Liverpool to North Shore NZ
Posts: 320
Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Has anybody applied for a medical waiver on ITA application?

Originally Posted by George2008 View Post
Immigration NZ work under a policy criteria for determining medical conditions. They will consider whether you are likely to be a burden on the health system in NZ in addition to other criteria.

I have a client at the moment who will need to apply for a medical waiver as he is in the final stage of his residence application and this appears to be the only issue remaining. Sometimes it can be a real difficulty.


Simon

Hi Simon,
Thanks for reply, we are also at the final stage.

I have no other health issues, only my weight.

Hubby's job starts in Aug, I am really concerned, not sleeping at night.
I have lost over 2.1/2 stone so far, so swimming everyday and gym everyother day.

Received the following email on Monday:

Please be advised that I am the Case Officer who is assessing your application for permanent residence in NZ. My contact details are specified below.

The following items are outstanding on your residence application:

1) Medical Certificates - Please be advised that these have been referred to our Consultant Physician as a matter of routine procedure. Standard turnaround times for medical referrals are 2-4 weeks. I will advise you of the outcome in due course.

2) Character Details - Please clarify the countries you have been resident in for the last 10 years, if it is just the UK, please state. Also, please state if you hold any other citzenships than the UK. I will require the same information for your wife.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Karen
Kags1694 is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:27 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
 
hegs's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 13
hegs is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Has anybody applied for a medical waiver on ITA application?

Originally Posted by Kags1694 View Post
Hi all,

We have now been assigned a case officer, I know the main problem will be my BMI, my oh is the main applicant, his BMI is well under.

Has anybody applied for a medical waiver, and got it.

Regards
Karen
My husband has been granted a medical waiver. It was a long haul and it cost us quite a lot of money getting medical report from specialists regarding arthritis, hernia ops etc. The Medical waiver was granted on condition he reduced his BMI to a certain figure. He sent his results of each weigh in with his nurse and a final report when he reached his target from his GP.
It was a difficult task but he made it. He had over 2 and a half stone to lose.
hegs is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:35 pm
  #8  
Maz
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 5,763
Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anybody applied for a medical waiver on ITA application?

Congratulations!
Maz is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2008, 3:55 am
  #9  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 17
George2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anybody applied for a medical waiver on ITA application?

Originally Posted by Kags1694 View Post
Hi Simon,
Thanks for reply, we are also at the final stage.

I have no other health issues, only my weight.

Hubby's job starts in Aug, I am really concerned, not sleeping at night.
I have lost over 2.1/2 stone so far, so swimming everyday and gym everyother day.

Received the following email on Monday:

Please be advised that I am the Case Officer who is assessing your application for permanent residence in NZ. My contact details are specified below.

The following items are outstanding on your residence application:

1) Medical Certificates - Please be advised that these have been referred to our Consultant Physician as a matter of routine procedure. Standard turnaround times for medical referrals are 2-4 weeks. I will advise you of the outcome in due course.

2) Character Details - Please clarify the countries you have been resident in for the last 10 years, if it is just the UK, please state. Also, please state if you hold any other citzenships than the UK. I will require the same information for your wife.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Karen
Hi Karen,

That is a standard Immigration NZ letter - I wouldn't be too alarmed just yet. Hopefully, when they have reviewed your case everything will be ok and you will get the all clear.

If you do run into difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact me on my email address below.

Cheers

Simon
George2008 is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2008, 4:15 pm
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Kags1694's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: From Liverpool to North Shore NZ
Posts: 320
Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Has anybody applied for a medical waiver on ITA application?

Originally Posted by George2008 View Post
Hi Karen,

That is a standard Immigration NZ letter - I wouldn't be too alarmed just yet. Hopefully, when they have reviewed your case everything will be ok and you will get the all clear.

If you do run into difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact me on my email address below.

Cheers

Simon
Thanks
Kags1694 is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2008, 4:18 pm
  #11  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Kags1694's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: From Liverpool to North Shore NZ
Posts: 320
Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Has anybody applied for a medical waiver on ITA application?

Originally Posted by hegs View Post
My husband has been granted a medical waiver. It was a long haul and it cost us quite a lot of money getting medical report from specialists regarding arthritis, hernia ops etc. The Medical waiver was granted on condition he reduced his BMI to a certain figure. He sent his results of each weigh in with his nurse and a final report when he reached his target from his GP.
It was a difficult task but he made it. He had over 2 and a half stone to lose.

Your OH has done really well.

I still have a few stone to go.

Regarding medicals, the only problem I have is my weight, my BMI is very high. Losing approx. 3 to 4lb a week, going swimming every morning and going gym 2 to 3 times a week.

I am really concerned that we will not be able to go to NZ because of me

Regards
Karen
Kags1694 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.