Half way there...

Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

triswebb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Half way there...

Hi all,

I posted some messages back in Dec 2009 about imminent departure! Well, so far we have had mixed results! :-)

My partner (Nurse) had some fun and games with the nursing council - first they WROTE to us back in the UK to inform us that one of her references that was hand written but not on the correct letter headed paper was not usable! (fair enough... i guess). They informed us this was the only problem with the application. So, we sent of the new reference, only to find out 5 days before my partner was about to start work that the IELTS exam she took was the general one and not the academic one - so another 3 week delay to take ANOTHER IELTS exam and wait for the results! (so far nearly 500 pounds to prove she can speak English )

Well, to cut a long story short she has finally got on the NZ nursing council and credit where credit is due, we drove down to Wellington and they processed a 3 year working visa in all of 20 minutes!!!

Bad news is that I have applied for my work visa now, but have been referred to the medical assessor as I had a laparotomy in Tonga 6 months ago due to a nasty Staph infection that collected around a tear in my Kidney (unfortunately I fell of a boat and put a small tear in my kidney, which just happened to coincide with a nasty infection that was floating around the island).

The medical was fine, everything has returned to "Normal", but apparently this is standard practices if there are ANY abnormalities in your past :-(

Anyway - just to let those who are playing the waiting game know - you are not alone!

Take care,

Tris - Sat in Auckland desperate to start work!
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Half way there...

Hey Tris

Look on the bright side, you may not be working but at least you're in Auckland... I'm in Essex!

Glad to hear your medical went well and you got the ok. Hope you get to start working soon Its good to hear from people who are also 'playing the waiting game' I think ours is going to be a very, very long wait... but we'll get there

Best wishes to you, keep us posted on how you're getting on

Leanne - sat in Essex desperate to get to NZ
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:07 am
Just Joined

triswebb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Half way there...

Funny enough I have made a some good friends here from Essex - we are going to the Prodigy concert here on Thursday night and I am sure their Essex flags will be coming along with them :-)

Thanks for the kind words and ill certainly keep everything uptodate. I guess the most annoying thing with the medical assessor is not knowing how long it will take.

Anyway - take care, tomorrow is another day! ;-)

tris