had medicals today

Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Default Re: had medicals today

We had medicals last week, surely all your ID proves your gender. Our doctor only looked in our eyes and ears and listened to our heart and lungs. We were only in with the doctor for 2 mins.

I think asking you that is totally out of order and i would definatley follow it up!!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun
We had medicals last week, surely all your ID proves your gender. Our doctor only looked in our eyes and ears and listened to our heart and lungs. We were only in with the doctor for 2 mins.

I think asking you that is totally out of order and i would definatley follow it up!!
2 mins? what kind of an examination is that?????
Old Dec 1st 2007, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice

The best kind of medical if you ask me! We had to see the nurse for height, weights and BP. We are fit and healthy so I am glad they didnt waste our time we were happy to get it over quickly, pay our money and get ITA submitted!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

we had our a few weeks ago, i was present when the doc checked my wife and she didnt need to remove her underwear.
methinks you found a perv
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by colandros
we had our a few weeks ago, i was present when the doc checked my wife and she didnt need to remove her underwear.
methinks you found a perv
Definately report him ....

We (myself, hubbie and 2 children) had our medicals about 3 weeks ago. There was no "sex" check .. she just used our passports and medical forms to confirm all our information. She checked our eyes, ears, heart and lungs, as well as our reflexes and joints. Only clothing removed was our shoes for height measurements.

We must have had quite a thorough medical as ours took 2 hours for the 4 of us!

Lou
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou
Definately report him ....

We (myself, hubbie and 2 children) had our medicals about 3 weeks ago. There was no "sex" check .. she just used our passports and medical forms to confirm all our information. She checked our eyes, ears, heart and lungs, as well as our reflexes and joints. Only clothing removed was our shoes for height measurements.

We must have had quite a thorough medical as ours took 2 hours for the 4 of us!

Lou
That's an appropriate time - 30 mins per person.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

SmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the rough

That is very much not normal...to the point of being extremely inappropriate. Ive been a nurse for the last 9 years, never, ever heard of such a thing happening. I would be discussing with the local Police station and/or GMC if my wife came home having been made to show her genitalia to prove her sex. i am no lover of knee jerk reaction to the medical world..its a bloody hard world to work in as it is, but i honestly cannot how that can be applicable to a medical examination.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 4:04 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

Wait until you have your visa before taking it further.
Any excuse for more money and more bloody delays
Old Dec 6th 2007, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

wilekit is a jewel in the roughwilekit is a jewel in the roughwilekit is a jewel in the roughwilekit is a jewel in the roughwilekit is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by stasia
all done, although was a bit shocked when the doctor asked to see my lady area to prove i was a female! is this normal or did i just have a pervy doctor!!!!!
OMG!! Poor you, what a nasty experience

surely that can't be right?? We're due to have medicals in the new year, please tell me yours wasn't with a Doc in Nottingham!

I would definitely query this with the immigration dept, if he's doing it with you he's prob doing it to other women as well...I'd lay money that their response would be the same as everyone else's!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

well, the immigration dept have been in touch and said that they found the doctors behaviour to be "odd" and have passed it on to the immigration dept in london so am waiting to hear from them.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Izzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to all

Well done Stasia

It can't have been easy to ask the question here in the first place and then based on everyones input, decide to take action.

I applaud you for doing the right thing!!

Good luck with your application.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

yes, well done for taking the matter further. Let us know what they say. Good luck with everything.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

immigration were no help at all thay said to write a coverring letter to our visa rep, i will do but after its all gone through, i'm not stressing about it just a bit pissed off that it happened and can't do anything until the medical has gone through don't want to risk anything until then, might seem a bit wimpish but really want to go and don't want anything to risk my chances.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stasia
immigration were no help at all thay said to write a coverring letter to our visa rep, i will do but after its all gone through, i'm not stressing about it just a bit pissed off that it happened and can't do anything until the medical has gone through don't want to risk anything until then, might seem a bit wimpish but really want to go and don't want anything to risk my chances.
What about going to the British Medical Association?
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:52 am
Just Joined

sylvania will become famous soon enoughsylvania will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
What about going to the British Medical Association?
we had our medicals in Jan 2008, in York, but neither myself or my husband were asked to "prove" we were male/female, I would seriously consider reporting the matter to the GMC (general medical council). The doctor who did ours was very professional, and I would be worried about how many other people had been subjected to the same "treatment",well done for raising the issue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.