Gutted!!! Any advice???

Old Sep 13th 2010, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all
Thumbs down Gutted!!! Any advice???

Had my gallbladder removed three weeks ago and my GP took my bloods a week ago to check that my LFTs had returned back to normal (immigration had requested repeat bloods and they need to be sent by the 20th September). Absolutely gutted as I got the results today and my GGT is higher than its ever been at 140 and my ALP which was normal before the surgery is now 164 (twice as much as it was before). Bilirubin and ALT which were elevated before have come down but bilirubin is still slightly high at 22. I know that if I send these results to immigration, they will refer me to the MA, but I'm worried that there might be something else going on or could it possibly be post op trauma? Any advice would me much appreciated!!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Lynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant future
Default Re: Gutted!!! Any advice???

Originally Posted by BevK
Had my gallbladder removed three weeks ago and my GP took my bloods a week ago to check that my LFTs had returned back to normal (immigration had requested repeat bloods and they need to be sent by the 20th September). Absolutely gutted as I got the results today and my GGT is higher than its ever been at 140 and my ALP which was normal before the surgery is now 164 (twice as much as it was before). Bilirubin and ALT which were elevated before have come down but bilirubin is still slightly high at 22. I know that if I send these results to immigration, they will refer me to the MA, but I'm worried that there might be something else going on or could it possibly be post op trauma? Any advice would me much appreciated!!
No advice to offer sadly, just sorry to hear of this latest glitch, hope it all is sorted soon for you....!!!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:02 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice would me much appreciated!!
More importantly what does your consultant say???
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Bear in mind that even if referred to MA all that means is that more informtion is required. It does not mean you have been refused.

Your consultant needs to write you a letter, methinks, if he/she is not worried about this.

Jan
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by simonsi
More importantly what does your consultant say???
I've got an appointment to see my GP tomorrow, so I'll see what he has to say. Thanks for everyones input, much appreciated
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear your latest setback but as stated, your consultant needs to give you answers. As for being referred to an MA, I think this is more than likely . My hubby's medical was fine but he was still referred.

Try to stay positive (I know its not easy) but you hear of so many others being referred and once further information is given, they are cleared.

I would have to say its post op but speak with your consultant.

Keeping everything crossed for you Keep us informed.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

In our experience, immigration are not interested in letters from GPs either, they want to hear from the "expert", so try and get a referral back to your consutant for a letter or something.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

I've got an appointment to see my GP tomorrow, so I'll see what he has to say. Thanks for everyones input, much appreciated
Well, saw my GP this morning. He thinks maybe I'm being a bit ambitious expecting my bloods to be back to normal after 2 weeks, but he referred me for a scan anyway and repeated my bloods. Luckily, being in the know, I was able to get an ultrasound scan done this afternoon. The radiologist was lovely and after doing the scan told me everything is fine and it is more than likely due to post op trauma and it needs time to settle down. Due back to my GP tomorrow evening for the results of my LFTs, so hopefully if they've started to come down and along with the ultrasound scan report, my GP will be able to write a letter explaining that its the healing process. Watch this space
Old Sep 17th 2010, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Well, saw my GP this morning. He thinks maybe I'm being a bit ambitious expecting my bloods to be back to normal after 2 weeks, but he referred me for a scan anyway and repeated my bloods. Luckily, being in the know, I was able to get an ultrasound scan done this afternoon. The radiologist was lovely and after doing the scan told me everything is fine and it is more than likely due to post op trauma and it needs time to settle down. Due back to my GP tomorrow evening for the results of my LFTs, so hopefully if they've started to come down and along with the ultrasound scan report, my GP will be able to write a letter explaining that its the healing process. Watch this space
Further update - LFTS have started to drop. GGT fell from 140 to 98 in one week and bilirubin is still high at 25, but ALP and ALT are within normal limits. Sent all info off to immigration yesterday with a letter from GP stating that he would expect the LFTs to be normal within the next 3-4 weeks. Alas, (you were right Nukiwi), case officer emailed me today to say she has forwarded it on to the MA The likelihood is that they will request repeat bloods in a months time.

Looks like we'll be spending Christmas in the freezing cold. Never mind, we'll get there in the end
Old Sep 17th 2010, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

SOunds like you'll be fine though! They always forward something to an MA if you have had an operation anyway, so you are just going through the normal process.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
SOunds like you'll be fine though! They always forward something to an MA if you have had an operation anyway, so you are just going through the normal process.
Thanks Jan, its great just having you guys on here to help and advise.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Further update - LFTS have started to drop. GGT fell from 140 to 98 in one week and bilirubin is still high at 25, but ALP and ALT are within normal limits. Sent all info off to immigration yesterday with a letter from GP stating that he would expect the LFTs to be normal within the next 3-4 weeks. Alas, (you were right Nukiwi), case officer emailed me today to say she has forwarded it on to the MA The likelihood is that they will request repeat bloods in a months time.

Looks like we'll be spending Christmas in the freezing cold. Never mind, we'll get there in the end
So pleased to hear that. You're going to be fine It will take longer than normal going through the MA and doing re-tests etc but just think of the bigger picture....you will soon be on your way out here, it is worth the wait

Keep me updated and good luck with all your planning..