The grand order of things

Old Jun 6th 2011, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

DerekZoolander is an unknown quantity at this point
Post The grand order of things

Hi all,

What order could/should everything be done in, in everyone's opinions? Or is there one way or the highway?

Job > EoI > Visa?

I'm conscious that I should find a job to come to (you need the points), so how will an application be viewed from someone who's on the other side of the planet and still has months of form-filling and processing to get through? I assume this may be fairly commonplace though?

Current status: Fact finding, looking at IT jobs in NZ and letting out flat in Scotland.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future
Default Re: The grand order of things

I was offered a job prior to applying for the EOI etc... for me this worked fine... doesn't mean its always the best way to do it.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DerekZoolander View Post
Hi all,

What order could/should everything be done in, in everyone's opinions? Or is there one way or the highway?

Job > EoI > Visa?

I'm conscious that I should find a job to come to (you need the points), so how will an application be viewed from someone who's on the other side of the planet and still has months of form-filling and processing to get through? I assume this may be fairly commonplace though?

Current status: Fact finding, looking at IT jobs in NZ and letting out flat in Scotland.
In a nutshell, my advice GET A JOB!! Unless you can score over 140 confidently without a job offer on your EOI. It may save you a lot of hassle and potentially time and money wasting.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:20 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I was in that awful situation where I couldn't get a job as I didn't have a visa and I couldn't get a visa because I didn't have a job offer.

We scored 105 points without a job offer but that still isn't nearly enough to get picked from the pool.

I am sure on the NZ immigration site there is a list of accredited employers, they understand the visa process so it might be worth sending them over your cv.

From someone who has just gone through this roller coaster a job offer (if you don't have a shed load of points) is your first step.

j x
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Thanks guys/gals.

Think I hit 210 making some assumptions on everything going rosy, but it never does, does it?! Like I said, i'd only ever do this with a confirmed job to go to.

j - do you happen to know where that list is you mentioned? Have had a dig but can't find it.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:06 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys/gals.

Think I hit 210 making some assumptions on everything going rosy, but it never does, does it?! Like I said, i'd only ever do this with a confirmed job to go to.

j - do you happen to know where that list is you mentioned? Have had a dig but can't find it.
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...st.htm?level=1

Hopefully this will be helpful. What is it you do, someone on here might be able to point you in the right direction, also i have a list as long as your arm of recruitment agencies, let me know what kind of role you are looking for and i will send you some over

j x
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:12 am
Just Joined

That'd be great thanks J I'll look through the above when i get peace.

I'm 31, been in IT for 10 years and have done everything from support to web design to games development. Just now i'm in a project co-ordinator role. I think i'm aiming to get back into web design though. Will give anything reasonable consideration though
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:24 am
Account Closed

That'd be great thanks J I'll look through the above when i get peace.

I'm 31, been in IT for 10 years and have done everything from support to web design to games development. Just now i'm in a project co-ordinator role. I think i'm aiming to get back into web design though. Will give anything reasonable consideration though
Hi

I have just sent you a big long list, now Seek and trademe seem to the sites most people use.

Hope this helps
J
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Thanks!