British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   GP letter after MA referral (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/gp-letter-after-ma-referral-762291/)

jjsebba Jun 20th 2012 9:29 am

GP letter after MA referral

Hi all
Just wondering if anyone has had to get a letter from their GP vouching for their good health/Pre existing conditions?

I've been told it costs £25 per paragraph and can take up to a month!!!!i don't have a month to wait and was hoping to pre-empt the MA request and get it going now, but don't want to waste my money, their time if I don't know what they want in the letter or if they even want one?
Help!!!!!

MrsFychan Jun 20th 2012 6:10 pm

Re: GP letter after MA referral

not sure if it will make any difference as sure anything they require would need to come from an approved panel doctor.

wait a while and as I said in the other post just speak to your case officer about your concerns

BEVS Jun 21st 2012 12:34 am

A letter may help later on if you are on the receiving end of a MA referral which you may well be. It won't stop a medical referral happening if the NZIS case officer feels there is a concern.

NZIS will probably want to know the cause and prognosis on this lung nodule that has shown up on the XRay.

Has TB actually been ascertained as the cause :blink: as there are several reasons for a person to have a lung nodule other than TB. You'd need at least the skin test for starters.

Are you able to delay the job start date to allow for more time and reduce the pressure on you ?

jjsebba Jun 21st 2012 7:29 am

Hi Bevs
I've never had tb and wouldve said so on my forms. I'll be annoyed if they ask for a skin test. Tempted to try get GP to do one so that results are ready if and when they ask for it.

I have flights booked for 7/7 so I will have to change them and therefore also my start date. Employer will have to accept it.
Just so frustrating when I know that if everything was good on my medicals, we'd have had our visas by now.
Not sure what to do about asking for a letter from GP. Don't know what to get them to put in it as don't know what MA will want to know!!!
Frustrated as all hell and nervous I won't get a visa at all!
:(

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 10130196)
A letter may help later on if you are on the receiving end of a MA referral which you may well be. It won't stop a medical referral happening if the NZIS case officer feels there is a concern.

NZIS will probably want to know the cause and prognosis on this lung nodule that has shown up on the XRay.

Has TB actually been ascertained as the cause :blink: as there are several reasons for a person to have a lung nodule other than TB. You'd need at least the skin test for starters.

Are you able to delay the job start date to allow for more time and reduce the pressure on you ?

ellenarosemary Jun 21st 2012 9:24 am

Got a GP letter for my 'back problem' which came up on a chest xray, stating I had never been to him with any related back problems etc. Also the panel doctor wrote a letter with regard to my slightly high 0.5 over average on cholestoral.

The first cost £15.00 and was done within a week, the second was free.

Good luck - I'd get one, if you can, it cant hurt and may stop any further referral in the future.

BEVS Jun 21st 2012 9:56 am

Originally Posted by jjsebba (Post 10130581)
Hi Bevs
I've never had tb and wouldve said so on my forms. I'll be annoyed if they ask for a skin test. Tempted to try get GP to do one so that results are ready if and when they ask for it.

Where has the notion about TB , which you mentioned, come from then ? A TB skin test is done at the local hospital ,from memory, not the GP surgery

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
Good luck - I'd get one, if you can, it cant hurt and may stop any further referral in the future.

How would that work please as the GP wouldn't have had prior knowledge of this blasted lung nodule so wouldn't be able to comment.

jjsebba Jun 21st 2012 10:05 am

Hi all
The only notion about tb was from an explanation of what a granuloma was! That is that it can be caused by TB or a fungal infection. Neither of which I've had.
I wonder if the MA will want a skin test, just to confirm I don't have TB/have no trace of it. Thanks for the hospital tip. I'm hopefully going to get a call from my GP and will ask how to go about this.
Time is ticking and my blood pressure is rising every day!

ellenarosemary Jun 21st 2012 10:09 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary

How would that work please as the GP wouldn't have had prior knowledge of this blasted lung nodule so wouldn't be able to comment.
Was referring to a letter from his GP to confirm his general good health, was not referring to the TB aspect of which his GP would have no prior knowledge.

jjsebba Jun 21st 2012 10:12 am

Will get my GP to write general good health letter I think. £25 per paragraph. What a rip off!
Thanks guys.

BEVS Jun 21st 2012 10:14 am

I take it you've had a bit of a google for yourself and realise that it isn't just TB that causes lung nodules .

The thing with NZIS is being able to show what it is not .

If you can think of it from their viewpoint. They can't know what it is, without being shown exactly why it is there.

If there is any actual reference to TB anywhere from the panel doctor etc , then go get a skin test. It takes a week or more for the results to appear. If you remember it's the multiple skin pricks on the inside of your arm which will or will not come up in small bumps.

jjsebba Jun 21st 2012 11:02 am

Some good news. Letter from GP done. They must have heard the desperation and pleading in my voice.
Now I wonder if MA will need it?
Will use it for ITA later on as X-ray will probably be referred again in a few months when we apply for PR!!!