British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Got Pre-Grant, NZ Travel Advise (moved from Aus forum) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/got-pre-grant-nz-travel-advise-moved-aus-forum-736636/)

LOST_FAN Oct 23rd 2011 10:37 pm

Got Pre-Grant, NZ Travel Advise (moved from Aus forum)

Dear BE Friends,

I got pre-grant letter :rofl: from CO and I need to travel out of AUS for my sc 175 to be granted.

I am in Australia on 457 and my current visa will expire on 03-nov-2011.I have not applied for bridging/another visa.

I need some advise on travel to NZ.But when I spoke to NZ embassy they say it might take 15 days for visitor visa to be granted :confused:. Can any please advise the time frame and documents required to get the NZ visitor visa.

I know some
1. Proof of Funds ( $250/person for 1 week)
2. Travel Itinerary ( may not be confirmed?)
3. Copy of pre-grant letter

Also, Given that its public holiday in NZ today and I can only submit the application tomorrow. Will I be able to make it? I am planning to travel from 31-10-2011 till 04-11-2011

thanks in advance.

Pollyana Oct 24th 2011 2:47 am

Re: Got Pre-Grant, NZ Travel Advise (moved from Aus forum)

Originally Posted by LOST_FAN (Post 9691560)
Dear BE Friends,

I got pre-grant letter :rofl: from CO and I need to travel out of AUS for my sc 175 to be granted.

I am in Australia on 457 and my current visa will expire on 03-nov-2011.I have not applied for bridging/another visa.

I need some advise on travel to NZ.But when I spoke to NZ embassy they say it might take 15 days for visitor visa to be granted :confused:. Can any please advise the time frame and documents required to get the NZ visitor visa.

I know some
1. Proof of Funds ( $250/person for 1 week)
2. Travel Itinerary ( may not be confirmed?)
3. Copy of pre-grant letter

Also, Given that its public holiday in NZ today and I can only submit the application tomorrow. Will I be able to make it? I am planning to travel from 31-10-2011 till 04-11-2011

thanks in advance.

I've moved you to the NZ forum as people there have more knowledge of visas for NZ :)

BEVS Oct 24th 2011 5:01 am

What is your purpose in applying for a visitor visa for New Zealand. Do you intend to holiday?

‘Lawful purpose’ for visitors
We consider you to be coming to New Zealand for a lawful purpose if you are a visitor coming for the purposes of:
  • holidaying
  • sightseeing
  • family and social visits
  • amateur sport
  • business consultation
  • medical treatment
  • guest of Government visits

Is NZ Immigration aware that you seem to intend to use NZ simply for the purpose of gaining an Australian visa of some sort?

If NZIS state it could take up to 15 days , then that is what it will take. It's to allow them time to check you and your intentions out.

For India

Visitor visa applications
  • Positive profile applications – 15 working days.
  • Other visitor visa applications – two weeks for allocation to an immigration officer and a further eight to 10 weeks for processing. Applicants in this category will receive an acknowledgement letter advising them when their application will be allocated for processing.

LOST_FAN Oct 24th 2011 5:39 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9691805)
What is your purpose in applying for a visitor visa for New Zealand. Do you intend to holiday?

Is NZ Immigration aware that you seem to intend to use NZ simply for the purpose of gaining an Australian visa of some sort?

If NZIS state it could take up to 15 days , then that is what it will take. It's to allow them time to check you and your intentions out.

For India

Hi ,
The purpose is to gain Australian visa.Does it make a difference in terms of processing time?

thanks

Pollyana Oct 24th 2011 6:18 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9691805)

For India

Hi Bevs,
Some Aus visas can only be granted offshore; when Immigration are ready to grant them they ask the applicant to leave Australia. He/she then has to visit a High Commission etc in another country-in this case NZ.
So yes it would just be a tourist/visitor visa, the applicant usually has to be in the country for around 5-7 days.

BEVS Oct 25th 2011 2:47 am

Cheers Poll.

Looking at the assorted NZIS timelines, it seems 15 days is what LOST_FAN should expect. However, nothing is written in stone as we all know.

If NZIS are used to this, then process times could be less if all the paperwork lines up AS NZIS will liaise with DIAC as to LOST_FAN's Aus status

LOST_FAN Oct 25th 2011 4:16 am

Thanks every one,

I got the NZ visa in less than 10 minutes today.They just looked at pre-grant letter and checked if I have sufficient funds from my bank statement and visa was granted in less than 10 minutes.

regards,

BEVS Oct 25th 2011 5:24 am

Thank you for sharing. It will help future people in your position.

For the record.

Which NZIS office did you use please.

LOST_FAN Oct 25th 2011 5:46 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9693756)
Thank you for sharing. It will help future people in your position.

For the record.

Which NZIS office did you use please.

Hi BEVS,

I went to NZIS, Sydney NSW .

regards,