British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Got PR this morning (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/got-pr-morning-543667/)

johnnz Jun 18th 2008 10:54 am

Got PR this morning

Hi everyone,Just had the confirmation email saying:
Hi John
Your application for Permanent Residence has been approved subject to the payment of the migrant levy of £230 - we have the form for this - and the passports - which we have.Please confirm that you want the visas issued immediately and we will arrange this.Your file is next in the queue so by the end of the week I would say you will have all your documents and passports back.

EOI selected May 7th
ITA Recieved May 10th
Application sent June 4th
PR Approved June 18th

I feel numb is this normal.Am I doing the right thing.Heads all over the place and I dont know what to feel.Your thoughts please??

howden40 Jun 18th 2008 11:54 am

Re: Got PR this morning

Congratulations:rofl::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup :. All the pen pushing has paid off, well worth it. Enjoy your celebrations.

We had a phone call on the Wednesday morning I was in Newcastle so Tony rang me I drove back to Doncaster (took less than 2 hours with mid-day traffic, think I flew back) collected all the passports sent them registered post and had them back by Friday morning, less than 48 hours.

Had to wait for flights as non available before christmas arrived here New Years Day. What a start to 2008.

Where do you plan on living.

Pauline

teebrown Jun 18th 2008 11:57 am

OMG - Congratulations!!

Thats was fast! I can imagine how you feel, my head and emotions are all over the place and we haven't yet submitted our ITA.

Well done.

johnnz Jun 18th 2008 1:11 pm

Thanks for the congrats,Yea lots of paper shuffling and pen pushing for sure Pauline.I have a job to start at the University of Otago in Dunedin and hope to be there in 4 weeks.

Hi teebrown,yea it is a time for all the emotions.I,m sure everything will work out.Good luck with your ITA.

EmandKen Jun 18th 2008 4:33 pm

Just wanted to add my big congrats :D

We too have PR but are still in UK at mo trying to sell house before we come over. Heading for Christchurch. What are you going to be doing at the university? I know it's got a great reputation.
Enjoy the celebrations :lol:

Moomoo Jun 18th 2008 6:03 pm

Congratulations from us too! :D

Moomoo and family

Fooferfish Jun 18th 2008 7:30 pm

Soon be in sunny Dunners.

Congrats on the PR, you will also need a ticket that says you are not a Perv if you are working at UNI, will be hard not to look at all those young ladies, there are a few crashed cars each week down the UNI zone as male drivers loose sight of the road.

If you need a life from the airport, Dunedin that is, can do this for you and drop you to your destination, what time do you land in Dunners.

Have been here over 3 years and there are lots of folk here who can help you out once you are here, if you need it.

Nige, Dunedin since May 05

johnnz Jun 18th 2008 8:12 pm

Thanks everyone for all your comments.I will be IT Tech at the Uni.I beleive they will be picking me up from airport but thanks for the offer.You guys on here are all so helpful.I will be landing there in about 3 weeks.Thanks again for the good wishes

nearly nurse Jun 18th 2008 8:25 pm

More congrats coming your way!! :beer:

We were also accepted yesterday!! :D I know only too well what you mean by feeling numb. I dont think its registered with me yet......or maybe I dont want it to register cause then I need to deal with all the emotional farewell stuff :unsure:

But hey, the thought of what lies ahead is enough to keep anyones spirits up :thumbsup:. Hope the coming weeks/months/years are the best you've known!

claire :)

johnnz Jun 18th 2008 8:53 pm

hi claire,Congrat to you also.A great future for us all but you are so right about dealing with the emotional stuff.Going to be a busy few weeks ahead as we hope to be in Dunedin in 3-4 weeks.Good luck with the relocation

shirl Jun 18th 2008 10:15 pm

Congratulations all you guys about to make the move. I can still vaguely remember what it feels like. Been here nearly 2 years and like the pain of childbirth the feelings soon disappear!!! Well done!:thumbup:

TeamEmbo Jun 19th 2008 1:25 am

Congratulations :thumbsup: And yep, we felt the same when are WTR visas came through within a week. Really excited, relieved and very scary that the decision to up and go was becoming more final and the 'what the hell are we doing' feelings welled up. Still we did come and haven't looked back.
Hope everything continues to go well for you :)

Sue Jun 19th 2008 1:26 am

Congratulations:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BEVS Jun 19th 2008 4:09 am

Congrats Johnnz. Another one for the Botton of the World.

21 pints :beer: await you in the Kiwi Bar over at the Sheep Dip.

nic.gem.soph Jun 19th 2008 5:20 am

Congrats johnnz and claire, wow, i bet you are both going through all the emotions possible, enjoy the feeling and we hope to join you soon,

Nic