Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Got permanent visas for NZ in 2009 but came back to UK! Advice on coming back to NZ!

Got permanent visas for NZ in 2009 but came back to UK! Advice on coming back to NZ!

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Natalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really nice
Default Got permanent visas for NZ in 2009 but came back to UK! Advice on coming back to NZ!

Hello All,

My husband and I got permanent visas for NZ in 2009 - my husband is a stonemason and we went out to Auckland. We only stayed for 6 months and due to my husbands employer having no work we left in bad circumstances with lots of bad feeling between us and his 'employer'!!
A new chance has come up for him to get a secure job in Christchurch but I don't think we stand much chance of getting another visa - what do you think?
We didn't contact immigration when we left or anything - just came back home!

Thank you in advance! Natalie
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:01 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Got permanent visas for NZ in 2009 but came back to UK! Advice on coming back to

There is always a chance. The NZ employer of that time gave your OH a full time permanent work contract and then reneged on the deal leaving you no income. You need to appraise NZIS of that past situation when re-applying. It was the employers actions that affected your ability to settle. Make this clear.

Stonemason is a skilled occupation as you know but doesn't appear on the shortage lists. Not even for Canterbury as of yet.

Is the employer NZIS accredited ? If not make sure that the NZ employer can categorically state there is no NZ resident or citizen stonemason that could do that work & that they are willing to push the case for you both..

Nothing ventured, nothing gained I'd say. Xchurch is being rebuilt & your OH can help with that.