Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Got Medical report from Doctor, Need to be worried ? Suggestion required

Got Medical report from Doctor, Need to be worried ? Suggestion required

Old Aug 28th 2012, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

haideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nice
Default Got Medical report from Doctor, Need to be worried ? Suggestion required

Hi,
I have received our(family) medical reports from doctor today. Everything fine except doctor said that I have border line Cholesterol and i have to be careful, She said that she has mentioned this in medical report as its her duty to state everything. At the same time she said for VISA there will be no issue so i am not sure she tick/untick abnormal findings etc.

As medical report are sealed for immigration purpose so i got test result separately and here are two abnormal values are

Cholesterol 6.00 mmol/ L Range 3.6-5.70 mmol/ L
Triglycerides 2.89 mmol/ L Range 0.4-1.81 mmol/ L

All other readings are absolutely fine, I am 31 and never had Cholesterol issue before.

I am going to submit my ITA by end September, Any advice from respected member to prepare myself like consulting another doctor OR just go with ITA submission and lets see response.
It would be great if someone has same experience before.

Regards.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got Medical report from Doctor, Need to be worried ? Suggestion required

My cholestoral was .5 above the normal, unfortunately with yours it will be referred. This means your application will be held up, probably by at least 2 weeks minimum whilst they get it referred. Got my panel doctor to write a letter confirming there were no other adverse symptoms and it was just 'me' - perhaps you should do the same and send it off.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got Medical report from Doctor, Need to be worried ? Suggestion required

you may get asked to have further tests to see if there are any other associated issues. No point in consulting another doctor - any further tests would have to be done by someone who can undertake immigration medicals and you won't necessarily know what further tests immigration want until they review your results.

A good thing would be to start working towards lowering your Cholesterol now so that if they do ask for further tests, your results should be better.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

haideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nice

Thanks ellenarosemary and Caz8NZ for your comments.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
I have confirmed about medical reports, Panel Doctor did tick "No Abnormal Findings" checkbox but in comments/recommendation she mentioned following.

Lipid with Upward Arrow and my Cholesterol and TG figures along with following recommendation Do excercise and have cholesterol test after 3 months.

Hope things should be OK and not forwarded to MA.

Regards.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 4:33 am
Just Joined

ddem is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband had a ridiculously high cholesterol level (& like you, he has never had any problems before) He is 30, so not too far away from you. They take in to account all things - your BMI especially when dealing with cholesterol. Luckily my husband has a perfect BMI, so no further referrals were needed. We sailed through working visas and also residency... You will be fine :-)
Old Sep 10th 2012, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

salmanearn is an unknown quantity at this point

@haideeali

What medical test you have gone through . Kindly can you paste what they have asked for. I have a elevated liver enzymes Does this include in the test as well .

Thanks

@haideeAli

What points you got selected mean 120 or more

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 12th 2012 at 1:02 am. Reason: merge
Old Sep 11th 2012, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

My OH's cholesterol was 6.2, he is otherwise very fit and healthy, but has been refered to the MA.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Miss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud ofMiss Nic has much to be proud of

My choleterol levels were slightly raised. Doc marked as 'no significant findings' but it was referred anyway. All that happened is it help up the process by around a week or so and I had to go in for another test. If you're otherwise healthy then I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck